Florida begins Phase 3 re-opening plan immediately

Closed Thread
Old 09-26-2020, 06:33 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,206 Times in 1,946 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northwoods View Post
I still plan to wear a mask whenever I am indoors (at Publix, a store or a restaurant). I probably won't go to a restaurant if the waitstaff doesn't wear masks.
My life isn't going to return to normal. But I really do hope numbers continue to decline and things do return to normal.
Establishments being able to open at 100% does not mean that masks are no longer going to be required. That's what I take of all of this. No?

I surely hope masking will still be required in all indoor establishments. If not, we are all in very big trouble with this virus. Until there is a vaccine widely distributed and is safe and effective, masks should still be required when social distancing can not be maintained, IMHO.
Old 09-26-2020, 06:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
Restaurants, bars and other businesses can open at 100% capacity. Not sure I'm on board for that at this point. Sad to say, hubby and I will not be dining in as much as we have in the past when occupancy was 50%. It is still too hot for us to dine outside. Not happy with this decision to go ahead with Phase 3 of Florida's re-opening plan.
That’s one great thing about free choice, you don’t have to go if you don’t want to. I think what they are doing is giving these restaurants and other businesses a chance to survive. At fifty percent capacity there is no way they can make it on a long term basis.
Old 09-26-2020, 06:41 AM
Thanked 1,306 Times in 237 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
Establishments being able to open at 100% does not mean that masks are no longer going to be required. That's what I take of all of this. No?

I surely hope masking will still be required in all indoor establishments. If not, we are all in very big trouble with this virus. Until there is a vaccine widely distributed and is safe and effective, masks should still be required when social distancing can not be maintained, IMHO.
Absolutely not. The masks that people are wearing around here are absolutely pointless . Read what world renowned epidemiologist have said about masks. The Covid molecule is so small it can even pass through an N 95 mask. These cloth face coverings that people are wearing are absolutely useless other than for psychological purposes. I see people wearing masks into restaurants and then taking them off when they sit down. Virtually the whole restaurant is that way. As it should be. Don’t you all realize how ridiculous this is?
Old 09-26-2020, 06:41 AM

Workers will celebrate more tips.
Owners will move cautiously and enjoy opportunity.
Customers will decide to go out and enjoy dinner.
Other customers will hunker down and wait for the magical vaccine.
Some will moan and groan that we aren't staying locked down till Jesus comes.
The world will turn, some will get sick, a very few will die and our nation will get back on its feet -- to the joy of many and the dismay of others.
Old 09-26-2020, 06:42 AM

COVID-19 SURVIVAL RATES (per CDC):
Ages 0-19: 99.997%
Ages 20-49: 99.98%
Ages 50-69: 99.5%
Ages 70+: 94.6%
So the whole country should stay locked up? Or high risk population should be careful? Hmmmm...maybe facts should prevail instead of hysteria...
Old 09-26-2020, 06:42 AM
Veteran member

After we finish culling the herd,, Stop population group...
Old 09-26-2020, 06:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrown132 View Post
That’s one great thing about free choice, you don’t have to go if you don’t want to. I think what they are doing is giving these restaurants and other businesses a chance to survive. At fifty percent capacity there is no way they can make it on a long term basis.
Unfortunately in this case, your free choice is putting everyone else at risk. When you go to a restaurant or bar at 100% capacity with masks optional, not only are you putting yourself at risk, but you are putting everyone you may later have contact with at risk.
Old 09-26-2020, 06:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanBrew View Post
It is just so simple if you are unhealthy and at risk, stay home. If not, stop living in fear. The CDC has revealed that 94% of reported deaths were not solely due to the deadly virus. No one wants to be sick, but understand that viruses have existed in our ecosystem since the beginning of time. Use good hygiene and some common sense and try to get beyond this apocolyptic fear driven mentality.
I have heart disease but can easily live another 20 years with medication. I get COVID and die; I might not have died from COVID if I had not had heart disease in addition to COVID. Are you telling me that my cause of death was not really COVID?
Old 09-26-2020, 06:53 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heyitsrick View Post
You sound a bit like Yogi Berra. "No one goes there anymore...it's too crowded!" Did you not get the point that this reduced occupancy is taking away something from the actual businesses? How do you expect them to survive? The OP said it's too hot to sit outside, so reduced indoor capacity is still desired. People have every right to go out or not go out, but when can we expect to hear the complaints about this or that restaurant permanently closing due to reduced business? You can't have it both ways. This is their livelihood, already on tenuous terms.

And question: just because a business can open at 100% capacity, do they need to if they don't think it's warranted? Seems like they can still limit capacity on their own. Here's a snippet from an article out of Gainesville:
With the advanced age of the population around here, I'm hoping the restaurants will remain at a lower capacity. I certainly will find out before I go to any restaurant in the future if they are operating at 100% occupancy indoors. Having the plexiglass between booths has allowed the restaurants to fill all booths. Sitting in a booth, protected with plexiglass from the adjacent booth has made me feel safer.
Old 09-26-2020, 06:55 AM

There is plenty of restaurants with good spacing and outdoor seating. So apparently you don’t shop either? And your imposing on those who need their jobs back to feed and keep a home for their families, over your recreation and dining...yes, stay home or eat outside...
Old 09-26-2020, 06:55 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Girlcopper View Post
Well, I believe masks arent required anymore so if you arent going to places where people dont wear masks, I guess youll be vegetating at home for life
Not true and a bit of hyperbole. Once there is a vaccine, life will be returning back to normal.
Old 09-26-2020, 06:56 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,534 Times in 1,921 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott O View Post
COVID-19 SURVIVAL RATES (per CDC):
Ages 0-19: 99.997%
Ages 20-49: 99.98%
Ages 50-69: 99.5%
Ages 70+: 94.6%
So the whole country should stay locked up? Or high risk population should be careful? Hmmmm...maybe facts should prevail instead of hysteria...
I think that The Villages has mostly wise people living here based on the fact they have lived for many decades, experienced many things, some wonderful, some just awful, have accumulated wisdom and know what they know and respect what they don't know.

For each of us it is an individual choice. We are mostly retired and can choose to wait to be more exposed, or to take our chances. We will not change anyone's mind.

I sincerely hope that every single person reading this will not get sick or die from Covid-19 and that you will find much to occupy your time if you choose to not sally forth.

I am heartened and encouraged and dare to hope that there will be a vaccine soon that will at least partially provide a kick for our bodies to stand up to this new nasty bug.

I truly understand that unless business continues in some form there will be repercussions of another sort that will destroy the economy and that too is supportive of health and security.

I learned from living so long that nothing is really black or white. Be careful my friends. I want you all to be here and us too, come the New Year.
Old 09-26-2020, 07:02 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leadbone1 View Post
Absolutely not. The masks that people are wearing around here are absolutely pointless . Read what world renowned epidemiologist have said about masks. The Covid molecule is so small it can even pass through an N 95 mask. These cloth face coverings that people are wearing are absolutely useless other than for psychological purposes. I see people wearing masks into restaurants and then taking them off when they sit down. Virtually the whole restaurant is that way. As it should be. Don’t you all realize how ridiculous this is?
I know I have answered you before on this, several times............. The virus most certainly can pass through the fabric and disposable masks. HOWEVER, the virus is embedded in droplets which the masks DO BLOCK. There are tens of thousands of virus particles in one average size droplet which is spewed from people's noses mouths, even while breathing. The masks block a good percentage of those droplets which contain the virus particles. Mask do help to slow the spread of this virus. Why are you so resistant to this science?
Old 09-26-2020, 07:11 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott O View Post
There is plenty of restaurants with good spacing and outdoor seating. So apparently you don’t shop either? And your imposing on those who need their jobs back to feed and keep a home for their families, over your recreation and dining...yes, stay home or eat outside...
I have been shopping and can easily see the traffic in retail and big box stores is what it was before this pandemic hit. People wear the required masks and people feel safe in those environments. People are spending money so the workers can put food on their tables.

As for dining indoors in a restaurant, unfortunately, I will be back to cooking more at home. As I already said, I'm sure there are plenty of people around her who are willing to dine in 100% capacity restaurants.
Old 09-26-2020, 07:14 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanBrew View Post
It is just so simple if you are unhealthy and at risk, stay home. If not, stop living in fear. The CDC has revealed that 94% of reported deaths were not solely due to the deadly virus. No one wants to be sick, but understand that viruses have existed in our ecosystem since the beginning of time. Use good hygiene and some common sense and try to get beyond this apocolyptic fear driven mentality.
the 94% number has been discredited. those people would not have died had they not caught covid. yes, they had pre-existing conditions but those made them more apt to die from it. covid is a novel virus, so there's no immunity that pre-exists. it is also extremely contagious.

count me in the people who will continue to stay home. let others be the canary in the coal mine. the problem is, is there's another outbreak like the last time the governor expanded openings, then it sets back to a time when we will all feel comfortable about participating.

Last edited by Bonnevie; 09-26-2020 at 08:02 AM.
Closed Thread

Tags
florida, phase, opening, past, occupancy

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.