I'm surprised, it's been 24+ hours and.....

Old 05-19-2024, 12:23 PM

There’s a rumor that one Officer wanted him to hold up and another Officer ( behind the vehicle) wanting him to pull up and get going not to jam up traffic!
Old 05-19-2024, 01:42 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,780 Times in 1,553 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianL99 View Post
Unfortunately, none of us are the Star of the Show, in a $200,000,000, world wide showcase of talent.
Yup! 😉 "Officer! Don't you know who I am?" No! And it doesn’t (or shouldn't) make any difference"! 🤨
Old 05-19-2024, 02:08 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,293 Times in 5,458 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fdpaq0580 View Post
Yup! 😉 "Officer! Don't you know who I am?" No! And it doesn’t (or shouldn't) make any difference"! 🤨
But all too often it does
Old 05-19-2024, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shipping up to Boston View Post
Again, they keep stating he " didnt know it was a police officer"...which leads me back to my first post on this. Why does it matter? A human being is attached to your vehicle. Stop!
I can't find any report where that part is disputed. Look..hes a good guy in a bad scene...its unfortunate but it is what it is at this point
Not that I think he is totally innocent, but he is a celebrity. There are quite a few "nut jobs" out there! Possibly he was concerned that whoever was "attached" to his car, meant to do him harm? Maybe we should wait for all the details to "come to light".
Old 05-19-2024, 02:48 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,205 Times in 793 Posts

Quote:
On July 18, 1972, the Rolling Stones were on their way to Boston. Logan airport was fogged in, so they landed in Providence RI and proceeded to get into a semi-brawl at the airport.

They were arrested & booked for Assault & Battery on a Police Officer ... sounding familiar?

At the time, I was stuck at Boston Garden, listening to Stevie Wonder singing for about 3 hours.

Our cracker-jack Mayor Kevin White got on the phone and prevailed upon the Providence Police Department, to release the boys and send them by limo, to Boston. The boys showed up about midnight and played what's considered one of their best concerts ever.

You see, they were THE SHOW. Scottie and 154 of his friends, were THE SHOW.

It makes a difference and to think otherwise, is either naive or disengenous.
Old 05-19-2024, 03:12 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,362 Times in 4,353 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by La lamy View Post
It seems to me he disregarded the police's directions. I don't think he meant to do harm, but he probably felt entitled to do as he wished. The biggest story for me is that he got out of jail, made it to the course in time to play, and shot 5 under!!!! Obviously the shocking reality seemed to have hit him the next day though .
Most of those wearing the yellow rain slickers and ZERO police markings on them...

And from reports, Scheffler DID follow the initial police directions for players and tournament personnel to go around the stopped traffic.

The cop who tried to stop him was not part of the traffic control and probably had no idea what was going on...

-Tom Petty
Old 05-19-2024, 03:14 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by villager7591 View Post
I am giving the police a little slack. There was a traffic fatality 45 minutes before the Scottie incident. I suspect the police were in a heightened emotion when Scottie stared his drive up the shoulder.
As he was instructed to do...

-Tom Petty
Old 05-19-2024, 03:16 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by huge-pigeons View Post
He’s a golfer, he must be innocent! Do you hear yourself?
Did you see any of the footage? Did you not see police cars with lights flashing? What was the Detective doing? His job!
That’s like questioning if you stopped at an accident scene that just happened and you wanted to direct traffic around people that got hurt, how would you feel if people disregarded you and hit the people that got hurt?
Say the cops closed a highway down because of a fatality, but you had a golfer go around the barricade because he didn’t want to be late for his tee time? He was in a marked golf car so it should be fine!!!
Stop blaming the cops.
He was not assigned to traffic control, so he was NOT doing his job...

Those assigned to traffic control told Scheffler (and other PGA personnel) to go around.

It's quite apparent that the Detective didn't get the memo...

-Tom Petty
Old 05-19-2024, 03:20 PM
Sage

Quote:
There are ZERO reports Scheffler said anything close to that. If fact, police reporst stated he was polite, and albeit a bit confused at what was going on...

-Tom Petty
Old 05-19-2024, 04:07 PM
Default Breonna Taylor

Need I remind everyone that this is the some group that killed Breonna Taylor in an overzealous attack. Also, as far as the LEO's being hyped up, aren't they trained to be better than that.
Old 05-19-2024, 04:14 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,538 Times in 1,924 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMintzer View Post
There are ZERO reports Scheffler said anything close to that. If fact, police reporst stated he was polite, and albeit a bit confused at what was going on...
Exactly. I am a huge fan of law enforcement but anyone who has remotely followed Scottie Scheffler just knows he is a nice, decent, well behaved person.

Last edited by graciegirl; 05-20-2024 at 03:52 AM.
Old 05-19-2024, 04:28 PM
Gold member

Quote:
On July 18, 1972, the Rolling Stones were on their way to Boston. Logan airport was fogged in, so they landed in Providence RI and proceeded to get into a semi-brawl at the airport.

They were arrested & booked for Assault & Battery on a Police Officer ... sounding familiar?

At the time, I was stuck at Boston Garden, listening to Stevie Wonder singing for about 3 hours.

Our cracker-jack Mayor Kevin White got on the phone and prevailed upon the Providence Police Department, to release the boys and send them by limo, to Boston. The boys showed up about midnight and played what's considered one of their best concerts ever.

You see, they were THE SHOW. Scottie and 154 of his friends, were THE SHOW.

It makes a difference and to think otherwise, is either naive or disengenous.
Fast forward 52 years.....May 30, 2024 Gillette Stadium, Foxboro MA. They're still THE SHOW!
Old 05-19-2024, 04:37 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMintzer View Post
He was not assigned to traffic control, so he was NOT doing his job...

Those assigned to traffic control told Scheffler (and other PGA personnel) to go around.

It's quite apparent that the Detective didn't get the memo...
Or he was dispatched to and working a vehicular crime scene where someone perished. He was there, working. Whether he was in the right or wrong...that'll get sorted out. What I'm sure he wasn't (as others speculated on here) was part of a SS 'enrichment' dive for $. Not everybody is a PGA/Scheffler fan boy! Some people just work events
Old 05-19-2024, 05:15 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,205 Times in 793 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shipping up to Boston View Post
Fast forward 52 years.....May 30, 2024 Gillette Stadium, Foxboro MA. They're still THE SHOW!
I'll be there, for my 5th or 6th show ... including the famous Sir Morgan's Cove "secret show" in '81. I didn't actually see the show at Sir Morgan's, but I was there when the Winnebago pulled up 😂
Old 05-19-2024, 05:44 PM
Gold member

Quote:
I'll be there, for my 5th or 6th show ... including the famous Sir Morgan's Cove "secret show" in '81. I didn't actually see the show at Sir Morgan's, but I was there when the Winnebago pulled up ������
I know what I was drinking in '81.... underage at Whitney's in Harvard Square. But I digress

Tags
victim, facts, pose, question, speculation

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.