I'm surprised, it's been 24+ hours and.....

Old 05-18-2024, 07:33 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,071 Times in 4,202 Posts
Default I'm surprised, it's been 24+ hours and.....

There have been no posts about the situation at the PGA tournament yesterday. First of all and most importantly, condolences to the family of the victim of the shuttle bus accident.

That being said, even though the facts aren't all known, I'll pose this question for speculation:

Scottie Scheffler----master criminal or victim of an overly exuberant police officer?
Old 05-18-2024, 08:51 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
There have been no posts about the situation at the PGA tournament yesterday. First of all and most importantly, condolences to the family of the victim of the shuttle bus accident.

That being said, even though the facts aren't all known, I'll pose this question for speculation:

Scottie Scheffler----master criminal or victim of an overly exuberant police officer?
Poking the bear GE!

I was thinking the same thing. My take....whether you think it was acme dacme security or a LEO, when a human being 'attaches' himself to your vehicle....you dont pull off, you stop! That part is not in dispute. As always, the devil is in the details but his Attys will make it all better
Old 05-18-2024, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shipping up to Boston View Post
Poking the bear GE!

I was thinking the same thing. My take....whether you think it was acme dacme security or a LEO, when a human being 'attaches' himself to your vehicle....you dont pull off, you stop! That part is not in dispute. As always, the devil is in the details but his Attys will make it all better
Is it possible that Scheffler had no idea that the officer "attached" himself to the vehicle?
Old 05-18-2024, 08:56 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,358 Times in 618 Posts

Quote:

This was posted yesterday morning.

Scottie Scheffler arrested.
Old 05-18-2024, 09:02 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,204 Times in 793 Posts

Quote:

Have you been sleeping in?

There's been a thread since about 3 hours after it occurred.

I even posted a video of Scottie in his prison garb ... walking the runway.
Old 05-18-2024, 09:03 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by walterray1 View Post
Is it possible that Scheffler had no idea that the officer "attached" himself to the vehicle?
Everything is possible and why I said devil's in details.

Lots of blame to go around. Should be some body cam or cell phone footage surfacing at some point. Wasnt a remote country road. Chaotic scene so it will be interesting. You have the Gov and Mayor circling the waters...KY and greater Louisville stand to lose millions in economic impact if Valhalla loses this date...thus why I believe it will all be mitigated in the best interests of all parties
Old 05-18-2024, 09:06 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianL99 View Post
Have you been sleeping in?

There's been a thread since about 3 hours after it occurred.

I even posted a video of Scottie in his prison garb ... walking the runway.
Speaking for myself, I never saw it. But as many know, a lot of text disappears...inexplicably at times here. Mercury must be in retrograde.
Old 05-18-2024, 09:17 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Speaking for myself, I never saw it. But as many know, a lot of text disappears...inexplicably at times here. Mercury must be in retrograde.

Jeff Darlington of ESPN was there. He witnessed and video taped the situation as it occurred.

He's been the one providing most of the details, as he witnessed them.

https://youtu.be/Q0SmQrf9mmg
Old 05-18-2024, 09:30 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Jeff Darlington of ESPN was there. He witnessed and video taped the situation as it occurred.

He's been the one providing most of the details, as he witnessed them.

https://youtu.be/Q0SmQrf9mmg
Again, they keep stating he " didnt know it was a police officer"...which leads me back to my first post on this. Why does it matter? A human being is attached to your vehicle. Stop!
I can't find any report where that part is disputed. Look..hes a good guy in a bad scene...its unfortunate but it is what it is at this point
Old 05-18-2024, 09:35 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,031 Times in 2,520 Posts

This could be the beginning of end like the 9 iron incident?
Old 05-18-2024, 09:38 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Again, they keep stating he " didnt know it was a police officer"...which leads me back to my first post on this. Why does it matter? A human being is attached to your vehicle. Stop!
I can't find any report where that part is disputed. Look..hes a good guy in a bad scene...its unfortunate but it is what it is at this point
The on the scene reports (from the golf side), suggest it didn't exactly happen that way. Supposedly, the officer in question jumped on Scheffler's moving vehicle, which immediately stopped.

There's also a rumor floating on X (Twitter) over the last 20 minutes or so, that the officer has been relieved from duty. Reiterating, it's only a rumor, posted by @PGATuor ... typically a very good source, but prone to satire on occasion.

Curiously, there is supposedly video cam of the entire event that has yet to be released.
Old 05-18-2024, 09:43 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,031 Times in 2,520 Posts

Quote:
Video said he drove pass and officer chased him down. Did’t follow police instruction. I highly doubt officer grabs moving vehicle, I would imagine he was shouting STOP and the golfer complied. It be pleaded down to and fine.
Old 05-18-2024, 09:51 AM
Gold member

Quote:
The on the scene reports (from the golf side), suggest it didn't exactly happen that way. Supposedly, the officer in question jumped on Scheffler's moving vehicle, which immediately stopped.

There's also a rumor floating on X (Twitter) over the last 20 minutes or so, that the officer has been relieved from duty. Reiterating, it's only a rumor, posted by @PGATuor ... typically a very good source, but prone to satire on occasion.

Curiously, there is supposedly video cam of the entire event that has yet to be released.
It will....they always do. As you know, huge event...cameras are everywhere.
Old 05-18-2024, 09:54 AM
Sage
Thanked 8,362 Times in 4,353 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
This could be the beginning of end like the 9 iron incident?

-Tom Petty
Old 05-18-2024, 09:56 AM
Veteran member

Amazing how all the attention went to a very wealthy golfer as opposed to the bigger story of the retiree who was volunteering and who lost his life.

Tags
victim, facts, pose, question, speculation

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.