July 1 Law

Closed Thread
Old 06-05-2023, 09:57 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
The plan was to hire a total of 87,000 employees over the course of a 10-year period. That number would include all the tens of thousands of employees who are replacing those who retire, quit, are fired, or die while employed during that 10-year period. It also includes couriers, secretaries, office associates, building maintenance employees (janitors) to fill out existing vacancies and make the entire system work more efficiently.

Right now there are millions of dollars not collected, that should be collected, but there just aren't enough people working in the system to get the job done efficiently. That's OUR money - the money our government uses to run the country - that isn't getting collected.
How many of them will be Lois Lerner Clones?
Old 06-05-2023, 10:22 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Any American citizen who doesn't want to pay a bill can walk into any public hospital and get care too. All the criminals who got hurt in the process of robbing a store, carjacking a car, kidnapping a child, torturing a dog, raping their daughter, beating up an old lady - if the criminal got hurt - they will get free medical care courtesy of the taxpayer. Whether they walk into the ER on their own steam, or the police send them to ER after they're caught, they won't have to pay the bill.

And that's just the American citizens I'm talking about. I don't see anyone whining about Americans who commit violent crimes and get hurt in the process getting free medical care in the ER courtesy of the taxpayer. Well actually I do. When the criminal is brown or black, they are criticized. When the criminal is white "boys will be boys" or some such, most of the time.

Funny how prejudice works. Everything is working as intended, until "other" does it. Then the system is bad.
THIS IS THE NUMBER ONE PROBLEM!
The most striking statistic is that only 6 percent of all Black test takers were rated ready for college-level courses in all four areas of English, mathematics, science, and reading. Whites were more than five times as likely as Blacks to be prepared for college-level work in all four areas.

Black Students’ Scores on the ACT Test Continue to Fall and the Racial Gap Widens : The Journal of Blacks in Higher Education

Why have we rolled out the welcome mat to every other poor person on the planet when we have such failures like this?

This should be the nations highest priority. Why isn't it. Well it is not because of lack of funding. Every student in a failing school should have school choice.

But that will never happen because it is much harder to play the race card for political purposes when the disparities of education and standard of living is eliminated between the races.
Old 06-05-2023, 11:04 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,755 Times in 5,259 Posts

Quote:
Any American citizen who doesn't want to pay a bill can walk into any public hospital and get care too. All the criminals who got hurt in the process of robbing a store, carjacking a car, kidnapping a child, torturing a dog, raping their daughter, beating up an old lady - if the criminal got hurt - they will get free medical care courtesy of the taxpayer. Whether they walk into the ER on their own steam, or the police send them to ER after they're caught, they won't have to pay the bill.

And that's just the American citizens I'm talking about. I don't see anyone whining about Americans who commit violent crimes and get hurt in the process getting free medical care in the ER courtesy of the taxpayer. Well actually I do. When the criminal is brown or black, they are criticized. When the criminal is white "boys will be boys" or some such, most of the time.

Funny how prejudice works. Everything is working as intended, until "other" does it. Then the system is bad.
I was addressing your Post No. 66 that said about "undocumented immigrants", "They can't get Medicaid". That is totally false. They can and do get Medicaid.
Old 06-05-2023, 11:09 AM
Sage
Thanked 8,283 Times in 4,300 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
I was addressing your Post No. 66 that said about "undocumented immigrants", "They can't get Medicaid". That is totally false. They can and do get Medicaid.
Just another case of "If you can't debate the topic, change the parameters..."

-Tom Petty
Old 06-05-2023, 12:15 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,411 Times in 2,072 Posts

Quote:
I see a difference between being given a medicaid "card" to use for health insurance and medicaid funds being given to hospitals that provide emergency services to the uninsured. Still, there are some States that provide a limited amount of direct medicaid coverage to undocumented individuals.

In the case of treating the uninsured, what would you have the emergency rooms do? Should they leave someone untreated if they don't have insurance? Should they ascertain someone's citizenship or immigration status and only leave the undocumented untreated? I don't like the immigration situation any more than anyone else but I can't see leaving people to die in the waiting room or allowing hospitals to go broke and close because those they save cannot pay.

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough
Old 06-05-2023, 12:43 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,755 Times in 5,259 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill14564 View Post
I see a difference between being given a medicaid "card" to use for health insurance and medicaid funds being given to hospitals that provide emergency services to the uninsured. Still, there are some States that provide a limited amount of direct medicaid coverage to undocumented individuals.

In the case of treating the uninsured, what would you have the emergency rooms do? Should they leave someone untreated if they don't have insurance? Should they ascertain someone's citizenship or immigration status and only leave the undocumented untreated? I don't like the immigration situation any more than anyone else but I can't see leaving people to die in the waiting room or allowing hospitals to go broke and close because those they save cannot pay.
I agree that emergency treatment should be provided for "real" emergencies. But I don't think hospital emergency rooms should provide non-emergency care for anyone, insured or not, because it causes long wait times for people who really need the care. There is a common misconception about the Federal law regarding what emergency rooms are required to do. They only need to stabilize a patient so that he/she can be transferred somewhere else. Hospitals receive large amounts of money from local, state, and the Federal Government to treat indigent patients. Some uninsured people use the emergency room as their primary care facility, which hospitals should not allow.
Old 06-05-2023, 03:29 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill14564 View Post
Same pants, different pockets...

Quote:
Nice straw man...

But thanks for reinforcing the reason for controlling our borders...

Oh, and here's a pro tip: Many hospitals have already closed due to all of the "free" care given to illegal immigrants...

Texas Dr. Antonio Falcon: We’re Facing A Catastrophic Situation On The Border | KFF Health News

A Hospital on Border Going Over the Edge - Los Angeles Times

At Yuma's hospital, migrants are taking beds from local residents - Washington Times

Hospital Stuck With $20 Million Bill for Medical Care to Illegal Migrants

And finally (Everybody drink!)

L.A. Emergency Rooms Full of Illegal Immigrants | Fox News

-Tom Petty
Old 06-05-2023, 03:31 PM
Sage

Quote:
I agree that emergency treatment should be provided for "real" emergencies. But I don't think hospital emergency rooms should provide non-emergency care for anyone, insured or not, because it causes long wait times for people who really need the care. There is a common misconception about the Federal law regarding what emergency rooms are required to do. They only need to stabilize a patient so that he/she can be transferred somewhere else. Hospitals receive large amounts of money from local, state, and the Federal Government to treat indigent patients. Some uninsured people use the emergency room as their primary care facility, which hospitals should not allow.
Good luck with that... It's not up to the hospital...

When they turn someone away and that person as a bad outcome, just start adding zeros to the settlement check...

-Tom Petty
Closed Thread

Tags
companies, prosecution, face, stiff, financial

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.