A man of privilege!

Closed Thread
Old 06-01-2020, 12:58 PM
Default Privilege/Equal Treatment

Just want to add that none of what we are seeing had to happen. Once the officers were fired they should have been detained by law enforcement to convey that this killing was being addressed.

Inaction fueled protest and protest served as cover for looters and as cover
for hate groups wanting to further incite violence. These killings by police
can not continue without accountability...…..This protest is now global
people in Germany, the UK and Canada have taken to the streets....

"The world is watching."
Old 06-01-2020, 01:07 PM

The things describe are the people who are ignorant. Nothing is perfect and nothing is a 100% either way.
Old 06-01-2020, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slapnut View Post
We will never be able to get over these racial barriers because of people ( both black and white) not being able to get over the past. Forget the skin color and look at that person as an individual. There are certain people that make it rough on their race by doing terrible things that reflect on them as a race whether they are black or white. We can't base our opinions on these few but we do. We need to look at the big picture and look at one race (the human race). Until we can get skin color and just the few people who set the bad examples out of our head then maybe we can get over this problem. I seriously doubt that it will ever happen because of living in the past
"Well said"
Old 06-01-2020, 01:20 PM
Default Balderdash

I don’t listen to others generalizations.
I’m white and “VERY DARN PROUD” of it!!
I grew up in a very loving modest earning parent household in the ‘70,s and my sister and I lacked for NOTHING!!
White privilege. What a sweeping and INCORRECT over generalization!!!🧐🧐 essential [/QUOTE]
Old 06-01-2020, 01:41 PM
Default Privilege

Thank you. I am a person of color and equally proud of that. Diversity of ethnic and racial groups is what makes this country work...

Hard work coupled with equal opportunity is the key....
Old 06-01-2020, 01:52 PM

Ever had bones broken because of your color? Ever been bloodied (too many times to count) because of your color? Ever been given an F on a project in High School because of your color when you knew it was A or B material? Ever been thrown against a locker (too many times to count) because of your color and the fact you were half their size? Ever been shipped to the black school because that's just where you happened to live when busing came about? Ever been looked over in a promotion because they needed more minorities before they hired any whites?
I was raised in an Air Force family my entire childhood and joined myself as soon as I could. If you wanted to get knocked down to size, mention a racial slur knocking any race. It simply wasn't said in our house by anyone. Even during my weekly beatings/bullying in school.
Ever been called a racist because you couldn't stand Obama (half black) when at the same time you were calling the offices of Allen West (both parents black) begging him to run for President?
Ever been schooled on white male privilege by a woman (black and white) lol It's like me describing what childbirth is like.
Man of privilege my arse!
PS. I won't mention the times my blond haired brother 10 years older than myself was ganged up on by the locals in High School when we were stationed in Hawaii. Yeah, we were Haole's and in the late 50's, early 60's, it wasn't something you wanted to be 'in paradise'. Isn't white privilege great!

Last edited by nututv; 06-01-2020 at 02:28 PM.
Old 06-01-2020, 01:58 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,939 Times in 5,278 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antique lady View Post
Thank you. I am a person of color and equally proud of that. Diversity of ethnic and racial groups is what makes this country work...

Hard work coupled with equal opportunity is the key....
Your last sentence tell us what a wonderful lady you are.
Old 06-01-2020, 02:06 PM

Yes, yes, and YES!!!
Old 06-01-2020, 02:27 PM
Veteran member

All races have racism.
Old 06-01-2020, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP View Post
All races have racism.
Bingo! Every 'us', has a 'them'. And there are just too many people in every group trying to keep that unchanged.
Old 06-01-2020, 02:34 PM
Location: Near Sumter Landing; come down when we can; still live in Forest Hills, a suburb of NYC

I too dislike being classified as “privileged” just bcs I am white. I have had to work very hard for everything in my life. My family came to the US via Ellis Island with nothing but the clothes they had on & spoke only Italian. So they had to work even harder than me. Although I am white I have been mistaken for American Indian. I grew up in a time when women were not as equal as they are today. I could go on. My point is I am white but definitely not privileged. It is wrong to make generalizations about any race or any person you dont know. I resent it.
Old 06-01-2020, 02:41 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,537 Times in 1,461 Posts
Default Not at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueash View Post
If only those blacks weren't so uppity! Am I hearing you correctly?
No, you are not. What I think you refer to in my post is the use of the previous poster use of the expression "chip on the shoulder". I will try to make this clear.
I was trying to point out, and I obviously failed, that anyone, regardless of ethnicity, faith, national origin, etc who approaches a situation with a"chip on the shoulder" attitude seems like they are looking for a fight rather than trying to find rational peaceful solutions to that situation in a way in which all parties benefit. It has been my experience that if I go looking for a fight there are always plenty of folks willing to oblige.
I recall an old movie where, I believe, a couple of Hispanics were talking about race relations. One said something to the effect if we all interbred we would all be multi-ethic and our excuses for racial battles would disappear.
So, everyone, put away the knives, guns and attitude, sit down at the table and be prepared to listen and understand as well as talk.
Does this make more sense to you, blueash?
Old 06-01-2020, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fdpaq0580 View Post
if we all interbred we would all be multi-ethic and our excuses for racial battles would disappear.
Sounds like a lot of fun but then the Mulatto's would be at war with the half breeds... and versa visa.
Like the old Star Trek "Let That Be Your Last Battlefield" it was quite good and ahead of its time.
Let That Be Your Last Battlefield - Wikipedia
Old 06-01-2020, 02:53 PM
TOTV Moderator

The number of racist posts has caused this thread to be closed.
Closed Thread

Tags
privilege, kids, prayer, man, sunday

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.