McDonald's atrocious treatment of a Sheriff's Deputy, I'm Mad!

Closed Thread
Old 09-19-2020, 06:14 AM

She should have stayed at the second window and waited for her order.
Old 09-19-2020, 06:47 AM

"a typical McD's experience to me" I guess you don't comrehend simple things very well. You liken your order wherein you received the wrong item, a mufin insteadof whatever and some cream in your coffee. The officer rceived only a coffee. Personally I think she is overstressed over this incident. I actually would have gotten out of my car and confronted the manage that i paid for a meal and recieved only the coffee on my order and demand my money back. I hope she feels btter and knows there are a lot of small minded people out there.
Old 09-19-2020, 07:09 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,569 Times in 602 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladygolfer93 View Post
I'm sorry this happened to her, but honestly, I think her being an officer had nothing to do with it. Sounds pretty much like a typical McD's experience to me. Probably happens to me once a month, maybe more to those who are there daily. Just last week ordered large black coffee and a bacon & egg biscuit. Ordered, paid, and was directed to park in a specific location and wait.... and wait.... and wait, 11 min. in total. I understand, it happens, but really disappointed when I got home and found I had a large coffee with cream (good thing I don't hate coffee with cream, but I wanted black) and an egg Mc muffin, not a biscuit. I think this officer probably just experienced what is not unusual, even if it is annoying, of course we ALL think they have coffee ready always and that bacon and egg biscuits in the a.m. are just constantly made, not just with each and every order. I think this officer DOES need a break, that much drama, in a professional like that, "might" indicate some PTSD or similar, she needs some time off of course, I totally agree, and someone to take her for a NICE lunch, definitely. But I don't think she was targeted at all, Mc D's treats us all like that, and, why not we all keep going back, including me !
The officers foods are being tampered with on a pretty constant basis along with them being denied service completely. No. She doesnt have PTSD. She knows whats happening all over to her brothers and sisters in blue and is suspicious when this happens. She isnt over emotional. She is tired from working double shifts due to many cops getting the virus. She is still coming to work everyday regardless of the new negative attitude towards cops. Walk in her shoes for one day and see what the stress is like. Trying to stay alive everyday, protecting your family and add that to wondering if her food has been spit on
Old 09-19-2020, 07:10 AM

A little over the top, everyone has had an issue at a fast food drive thru, she needs therapy and it would be a good idea to put her on a desk job.
Old 09-19-2020, 07:14 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,470 Times in 611 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by roscoguy View Post
Dean, maybe you could take some deep breaths and calm down a little. There really doesn't seem to be an attack in charlieo's post. McDonald's stated that the delay was unintentional; how exactly do you know better? And if she's stressed that badly by a delay at a fast food restaurant, she very well may need help or even a different job, as charlieo said. How might she react it a truly stressful situation? Just because someone says that they have seen "very good men crack" doesn't even imply bias unless someone is looking to be offended. It sounds like an actual observation to me anyway. If bias is showing at all, it's most evident in your assumptions.
point taken, thank you.

I allowed my emotions to take charge. It is unsettling to see how so many of our fine LEOs are treated in many cases. Have seen countless videos/stories of LEO treatment in restaurants or such.

If you haven't seen some of the pictures/videos this year of "protests", riots etc - and the violence and disrespect to our police and First Responders, well. That is so disturbing and easy to be emotional. Especially when you're a Law Enforcement supporter (despite the few 'bad apples'). As I said before I put myself in the shoes of others, and could not just "stand there" and take the abuse that some LEOs are subjected to. Or walking up to a vehicle that you have legally stopped, and concerned for your life - and need to react to anything in .3 seconds - or....

Truly - there IS a thin blue line between us law abiding citizens and anarchy - and those that want to loot, destroy, injure, kill. Only proper effective law enforcement can enforce the law (don't get me started on some jurisdictions in the country - no bail, releasing offenders, etc...).

We have a Thin Blue Line within our shores to keep us safe, as we have that Line worldwide with our Military strength and foreign policies to keep us safe. If either of those fail, well...

So, yes her heartfelt video hit my emotions. And yes I am worried for our country, with all the violence and mayhem. And, if this is not subdued somewhat, I am worried about the next few months. For all of us in the USA. Pleased that our TV 'bubble' is somewhat protective, but family nationwide...
Old 09-19-2020, 07:15 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,569 Times in 602 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloe Girl View Post
She should have stayed at the second window and waited for her order.
She was told to pull over and wait as we all are when food isnt ready. The next complaint would be “the cop thought she was special and refused to move therefor holding up the rest of the cars”. Damned if you do, damned if you dont
Old 09-19-2020, 07:53 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,895 Times in 804 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeanFL View Post
Georgia sheriff’s deputy Stacy Talbert tearfully recounted via Facebook Live the delays in her order at a McDonald’s drive-thru. McDonald’s said in a statement she was not denied service, and the delay in receiving her order was not intentional or due to her being a police officer.

‘I Don’t Know How Much More I Can Take’: GA Officer Tears Up At McDonald's Drive-Thru

-------------------------

I ran into this short video and posted it on my Facebook page with my comments:

OMG. Watch this whole video,it's not too long. It breaks your heart, truly. I can't imagine being a LEO these days. How can they possibly function with all that is going on? And they HAVE to bring it home too. I SO wanted to meet this Officer, give her a big hug and take her out to lunch or something. This makes me so MAD that some are doing this to the 99.5% GREAT and self-sacrificing Law Enforcement professionals serving us all.

BTW I DO NOT believe McD's "statement". These things have happened many times.

-----------------------
Info>

Georgia sheriff’s deputy Stacy Talbert tearfully recounted via Facebook Live the delays in her order at a McDonald’s drive-thru. McDonald’s said in a statement she was not denied service, and the delay in receiving her order was not intentional or due to her being a police officer.

‘I Don’t Know How Much More I Can Take’: GA Officer Tears Up At McDonald's Drive-Thru

the video (3.24 minutes) link>

‘I Don’t Know How Much More I Can Take’: GA Officer Tears Up At McDonald's Drive-Thru | NBC News NOW - YouTube
I watched all of the video. I strongly support law enforcement officers and condemn the rioters, but how do we know that she is one? She’s not in uniform, she’s on the passenger side of a civilian car, and she posted this on YouTube without ID. I’m not sure that she isn’t, but I’m not sure that she is. And if she is, is there any evidence that what she experienced is different from what others experience?

The thing is, this is a TERRIBLE time to be working in a place like McDonalds. (She mentioned that she can’t see who is cooking, and that’s why I wouldn’t go there. No masks, no gloves, no business!) The restaurants like McDonalds have to train their crews. They may have lots of new workers (and frankly, a lot of McDonalds workers don’t seem very bright to begin with, though some are very capable). Lots of workers are skipping work, and some have relatives get sick. Having to carry orders to peoples’ cars, in the places where that is done, slows everything down. Sometimes people order just after everything already prepared is sold, so that slows the entire line. Sometimes the people taking orders have never done that before. There are a lot of reasons for delay. But of course it’s also possible that the person taking the order saw the car on the camera display and decided to give the woman a really bad day. That could happen, though it could cost the worker a job if caught.

As for how she felt being (as she thought) receiving poor treatment because of the color of her uniform, I couldn’t help thinking of those who are mistreated constantly because of the color of their skin, even today. I never saw the Jim Crow South in action, even though I grew up in it my first eight years, but I have certainly seen people with darker skin or “long-haired hippy freaks” (forty years ago) get no service or slow service in restaurants without anything being said. Just a way of saying “We’ll serve your type because we have to, but it will take time, and you won’t enjoy the experience.”

What really scares me is this woman’s state of mind. I understand how she feels. I would NOT want to be a cop these days, even though I’ll go out of my way to help them. But would YOU want to face a cop under this much stress and apparently so close to breaking? If I were her supervisor, I’d put her on desk duty immediately for a month so she can regain her equanimity. This is for her safety and ours. She should not be carrying a gun right now.
Old 09-19-2020, 08:32 AM

Amazing people in the villages think they know if the police officers meal was not delayed on
purpose . Sad
Old 09-19-2020, 08:33 AM

Quote:

-------------------------

I ran into this short video and posted it on my Facebook page with my comments:

OMG. Watch this whole video,it's not too long. It breaks your heart, truly. I can't imagine being a LEO these days. How can they possibly function with all that is going on? And they HAVE to bring it home too. I SO wanted to meet this Officer, give her a big hug and take her out to lunch or something. This makes me so MAD that some are doing this to the 99.5% GREAT and self-sacrificing Law Enforcement professionals serving us all.

BTW I DO NOT believe McD's "statement". These things have happened many times.

-----------------------
Info>

the video (3.24 minutes) link>

‘I Don’t Know How Much More I Can Take’: GA Officer Tears Up At McDonald's Drive-Thru | NBC News NOW - YouTube
Very sad what policing in America has become!
Old 09-19-2020, 08:45 AM
Location: We have recently purchased a home at 6036 Dijulio in Monarch Grove. We

The point everyone seems to be missing is as an officer she is concerned that she can’t see her food being prepared. I would too in the current hate police environment.
Old 09-19-2020, 08:49 AM

Boycott Micky D!
Old 09-19-2020, 09:06 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,692 Times in 3,176 Posts

Quote:
point taken, thank you.

I allowed my emotions to take charge. It is unsettling to see how so many of our fine LEOs are treated in many cases. Have seen countless videos/stories of LEO treatment in restaurants or such.

This happened in mid-June. It took you three months to even find this video, which went viral the week it appeared on YouTube. Seems to me, you're letting your emotions supersede your intelligence, over "old news" that was already resolved.

It was made clear then, when it went viral, that the woman was having a really BAD day that day. She was emotional, because of that. The McDonald's situation just tipped her over the edge into an actual breakdown, which was captured and uploaded to the internet.

Being stuck in a delay in a drive through at McDonalds is not uncommon. Getting the wrong item after being stuck in a delay is also not uncommon. It's not a regular thing, but it's not rare either. It happens. I'm sure it happens at least once every rush hour, in most busy McDonalds' restaurants.

It was her turn to be the customer that it happened to. And because she had ALREADY been in a horrible mood before she even got into the drive-through line, this situation compounded things and threw her emotions into overdrive.

I don't fault McDonald's, and I also don't fault the police officer for her reaction. It was a mistake, nothing more or less.
Old 09-19-2020, 09:16 AM
Email Reported As Spam
Default wrong order

I have also gotten another's order by mistake also, no big deal.
Old 09-19-2020, 09:28 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,984 Times in 1,131 Posts
Default Please explain how you know this

Quote:
Originally Posted by Girlcopper View Post
The officers foods are being tampered with on a pretty constant basis along with them being denied service completely. No. She doesnt have PTSD. She knows whats happening all over to her brothers and sisters in blue and is suspicious when this happens. She isnt over emotional. She is tired from working double shifts due to many cops getting the virus. She is still coming to work everyday regardless of the new negative attitude towards cops. Walk in her shoes for one day and see what the stress is like. Trying to stay alive everyday, protecting your family and add that to wondering if her food has been spit on
I would like to know so I can complain to the companies
Old 09-19-2020, 09:29 AM

and this pertains to The Villages how?
Closed Thread

Tags
officer, drive-thru, mcdonald’s, order, deputy

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.