Violence seldom mentioned or reported nationally by the Media

Closed Thread
Old 06-22-2020, 07:48 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,470 Times in 611 Posts
Default SO SAD...Violence seldom mentioned or reported nationally by the Media

This has been going on for a LONG time, especially so the last 3 months. Selective 'reporting' by national media, especially Network and some Cable News outlets. This increasing violence impacts our most vulnerable populations, and what is the primary focus of Media...defund police, neuter law enforcement, violent social unrest unchecked, and racial justice. ...but continue to turn a blind eye to the ongoing/increasing violence and murders in inner cities. Not only the Mass Media, but leaders of these communities, as well as civil rights leaders.

How would YOU feel if YOU or your family lived in these impacted communities amidst this violence and swept under the rug by national Press and their minions? I am perplexed and saddened.

---------------------------------

-101 shot, 14 fatally, over Father’s Day weekend in Chicago
Chicago saw its highest number of shootings victims in a single weekend this year with 101 people shot across the city from Friday evening to Monday morning, 14 of them fatally. Five of those killed were minors.
Chicago shootings: 102 shot, 14 fatally, over Father’s Day weekend - Chicago Sun-Times

-Murders continue to surge in NYC with 38 killings in the last four weeks
The city saw 38 killings over the past four weeks compared to 19 over the same time frame last year. So far, there have been 32 more murders this year than in the same period in 2019, with 159 through Sunday.
Murders continue to surge in NYC with 38 killings in the last four weeks - New York Daily News

Last edited by DeanFL; 06-22-2020 at 08:57 AM.
Old 06-22-2020, 07:57 AM

Both Chic and NY have very strict laws restricting even ownership of guns.

Do gun confiscation laws pushed so hard by certain politicians work??

Just the facts - - no
Old 06-22-2020, 08:02 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,668 Times in 529 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeanFL View Post
This has been going on for a LONG time, especially so the last 3 months. Selective 'reporting' by national media, especially Network and some Cable News outlets. This increasing violence impacts our most vulnerable populations, and what is the primary focus of Media...defund police, neuter law enforcement, violent social unrest unchecked, and racial justice. ...but continue to turn a blind eye to the ongoing/increasing violence and murders in inner cities. Not only the Mass Media, but leaders of these communities, as well as civil rights leaders.

How would YOU feel if YOU or your family lived in these impacted communities amidst this violence and swept under the rug by national Press and their minions? I am perplexed and saddened.

Chicago saw its highest number of shootings victims in a single weekend this year with 101 people shot across the city from Friday evening to Monday morning, 14 of them fatally. Five of those killed were minors.
Chicago shootings: 102 shot, 14 fatally, over Father’s Day weekend - Chicago Sun-Times

The city saw 38 killings over the past four weeks compared to 19 over the same time frame last year. So far, there have been 32 more murders this year than in the same period in 2019, with 159 through Sunday.
Murders continue to surge in NYC with 38 killings in the last four weeks - New York Daily News
Unbelievable isn't it!

Steve
Old 06-22-2020, 08:25 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,950 Times in 829 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeanFL View Post

Yep, there's a reason the media wants to push the police killing blacks racism meme even though it is statistically insignificant compared to black on black killings.

Not too hard to figure out why.
Old 06-22-2020, 09:59 AM
Sage
Thanked 14,449 Times in 5,523 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodLife View Post
Yep, there's a reason the media wants to push the police killing blacks racism meme even though it is statistically insignificant compared to black on black killings.

Not too hard to figure out why.
If only advertisers would put their money elsewhere this would stop in a heartbeat.

Instead we have lost Aunt Jemima to make the world a better safer place.
Old 06-22-2020, 10:23 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,802 Times in 1,391 Posts

The silent majority has to stand and be counted.

We have all seen and continue to witness new ground being gained by political and special interest groups that are all in minority (not race) by comparison to the total American citizens.

The position that has too long been taken of it doesn't affect me or it is not in my back yard is no longer true. It is affecting us all. And it is in or coming to our back yards as well.

This will continue until such time as the silent majority finally gets to a point where enough is enough.
Old 06-22-2020, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by billethkid View Post
The silent majority has to stand and be counted.

We have all seen and continue to witness new ground being gained by political and special interest groups that are all in minority (not race) by comparison to the total American citizens.

The position that has too long been taken of it doesn't affect me or it is not in my back yard is no longer true. It is affecting us all. And it is in or coming to our back yards as well.

This will continue until such time as the silent majority finally gets to a point where enough is enough.
I agree, we need to find a way to speak up And be heard. It is not as easy as before. I posted on FB a quote from a former President, aninnocuous quote and immediately had a pop-up warning on my page. We are being censored, we are being misled, silenced and called names by those who have different opinions. We try fact check only to find that particular fact check site is a fake....so we chat on sites like this and try to bring some sanity into the situation.

Last edited by Strongel; 06-22-2020 at 10:32 AM. Reason: Spelling
Old 06-22-2020, 10:40 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,258 Times in 428 Posts

I compare the Media to pond scum. They're both the same thing!
Old 06-22-2020, 11:17 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,343 Times in 519 Posts

Honest people have hard time buying guns and ammo.
Crooks just steal it whats another charge on a rap sheet...Liberal lawyers and Judges give a slap on the wrist.
Law abiding owners pay the price
Old 06-22-2020, 01:24 PM
Platinum member

I doubt if THIS was shown on much of the national media either.

What does this solve? I'll stop my comments right there.>

WATCH: Oakland Mercedes-Benz Dealership Vandalized | Heavy.com
Old 06-22-2020, 01:51 PM
John41

the media is corrupt mostly, but we still have the voting power
Old 06-22-2020, 02:02 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,668 Times in 529 Posts

HaHaHaHa.............this part cracked me up;

"It’s not clear whether any arrests have resulted from the looting and vandalism at either car dealership."

It would be a safe bet no arrests will ever be made. Freaking thugs!
Steve
Old 06-22-2020, 07:18 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,212 Times in 351 Posts

Hmmmm.... surprisingly there doesn't seem to be any "dissenting" comments.
Old 06-22-2020, 07:40 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,512 Times in 2,289 Posts

Why isn't this all over the MSM?

YouTube

We've Got Plenty Of Youth.. What We Need Is a Fountain Of SMART!
Old 06-22-2020, 07:52 PM
Platinum member

and...the worst (so far IMO) most blatant racial attack>

Questions Raised After Revelation That Suspect In Assault On 92-Year-Old Has Been Arrested 101 Times

A veteran law enforcement officer says the current system is failing the perpetrators and the police.

Chilling surveillance video shows the moment the 92-year-old was thrown to the ground in broad daylight last Friday, her attacker watching as she hit her head on a fire hydrant.

Police say the attacker is 31-year-old Rashid Brimmage, a registered sex offender with at least 100 arrests for charges ranging from assault, to resisting arrest and persistent sexual abuse.

Former NYPD chief Kevin Harrington says Brimmage is a case study in why the city’s no-bail policy needs to be revisited.

Questions Raised After Revelation That Suspect In Assault On 92-Year-Old Has Been Arrested 101 Times – CBS New York

--------------------------------
After watching this appalling video a few days ago, all I could think was > WHAT IF THE RACES OF THESE TWO INDIVIDUALS WERE SWITCHED? It would have made national news and instant coverage and condemnation by the Media. but no.

Tags
media, violence, year, murders, shot

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.