Sept 22, 200,000 Dead from Covid 19 in the US

Closed Thread
Old 09-23-2020, 07:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtdjed View Post
Knocking on wood, but I do not know personally any one who has died from COVID or for that matter anyone who has even had Covid.
Same here.
Old 09-23-2020, 07:09 AM

Totally agree, I know of more than one instance of following the $$$
Old 09-23-2020, 07:19 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,319 Times in 501 Posts

Answers to several points mentioned. Not "anti-science" just anti-mass hysteria.
I agree with the statement that too many of the deaths were attributed to the virus. A relative in the hospital for heart surgery (one of many) died on the table and deemed virus was the cause. BS!
I would like to see the numbers of yearly average deaths in the U.S. and compare them to this years. Just my opinion but I bet they wouldn't be too far off from the norm.
Time to get off the political blame and just accept that we have a illness pandemic in this country that came from China, whether weaponized or not that has caused a lot of damage and panic. Isn't the first time and wont' be the last.
No one is suggesting that the virus is a hoax. That is just political pundit language used to shore up a weak election year rhetoric.
Old 09-23-2020, 07:32 AM

You are very lucky.
Old 09-23-2020, 07:35 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cranford61 View Post
We, the 5%ers, also create 27% of worlds greenhouses gasses. Not a good world citizen. Connection?
Having lived in and visited Asia I wonder why their air quality to so much worse than ours.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 09-23-2020, 07:37 AM

Agreed
Old 09-23-2020, 07:38 AM

I highly doubt any numbers from other countries who probably suppress the real numbers out of economic impact fears. Our numbers have been proven to be highly suspect as to actual cause of death and probably overstated. I'm not saying we should let our guard down but I don't think we haven't been doing anything less than any other country to fight or control the virus. Different areas of the country, especially more non urban areas have much less infections while urban areas have a much greater rate and require greater attention to virus protection measures.
Old 09-23-2020, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoyers View Post
Bryan is CORRECT. I watched a press conf from a midwest county 2 weeks ago, and the health director said words to the effect of......going by the tules of the CDC, if we execute a person for capital murder, and that person has COVID, the cause of death is COVID....
So, we cannot compare our numbers to other countries. A friend in VA had a neighbor fall off a ladder and hit his head on the concrete and died. He was tested for COVID in the hospital, had it, and my friend saw the death certificate showing cause of death as COVID 19. It is real, but it is not as bad as those numbers suggest.
We can Compare our number of Covid deaths, it’s called per capita.
Old 09-23-2020, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkers1 View Post
You are so right Brian, if every death reported as Covid19 that really wasn't Covid19 was deleted from the statistics it would probably be a number close to half of what has been reported. Shameful, misleading and greedy on the part of health care officials.
Thinking the death WAS Covid with complicating factors (diabetes, heart issues, etc. ). Wondering if the death certificates make note of that. Also wonder if doctors have to make a decision that the complicating factor wasn’t bad enough BEFORE Covid to have died that prematurely. Maybe a little subjective?
Old 09-23-2020, 07:51 AM
Veteran member

200,000 deaths out of 326 million people is not catastrophic. There were 200,000 deaths, but I honestly believe that they all weren't from the pandemic. I don't believe in CDC figures, as IMHO, they "pad" them in order to command a bigger budget for their operation. Besides, most of them were caused by underlying medical conditions. How many people in the U.S. die from all causes in the course of a year?

Some countries reported lower deaths, but then again, they put lockdown restrictions on their population. We live in the
U.S.A. ...a "free" country. Our freedoms are what makes us unique and a leader in this world. We won't be held in shackles and give in like people in China and other countries do. So even if we have higher numbers, it's the price of liberty.
Old 09-23-2020, 07:55 AM

Really good question! Our directives have been divisive and those who follow the recommendations of scientists need to continue doing so.
Old 09-23-2020, 08:00 AM

It would appear that we can either count better than other countries or we can't count well at all. The truth is probably in the middle. Our count is simply wrong. Other countries may have lower counts but be equally wrong.
Old 09-23-2020, 08:05 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,132 Times in 418 Posts

You know the answer to your question, as does everyone who has stayed awake for the last six months.
Old 09-23-2020, 08:06 AM

The Civil Discourse Club in The V recently hosted a Zoom meeting w/a former CDC employee giving an update on Covid. It's a great club to join to receive pertinent info on many subjects. Pertinent to Covid were some valid points:
*Due to a lack of clear messaging, 2 countries suffer: US & Spain (Spain recently handed virus control to 'regional' govts to their peril)
*In Korea now, easy tests are similar to a pregnancy test (available at Dollar General)
*Across the world, there are over 200 possible vacs in development.
*60-70% of population needs to be vaccinated or recovered for herd immunity. As of now, only 2% have been exposed.
*Virus not changing as quickly as normal flu virus. In S. Africa where they are currently going through regular 'flu' season, it's not nearly as severe, thanks mostly to masking already taking place for Covid.
*Estimates vacs availability April 2021 earliest.
*Convalescent plasma has NOT been effective.
*Regarding govt. payments to hospitals for Covid diagnoses: They do NOT receive payment if patient admitted w/pre-existing condition.
*Initial messaging from the CDC was diluted dramatically.
*One metric used to determine Covid deaths is average of TOTAL deaths (car accidents, suicide, cancer, heart attack, etc) in same time frame year-to-year. It doesn't change much EXCEPT for this year where, sometime ago, deaths were up over 200,000. This points to Covid deaths actually being underreported.
Old 09-23-2020, 08:21 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,319 Times in 501 Posts

Actually, according to one study the death rate is lower since the pandemic than it was from 2014 through 2018. I got this info from Macrotrends so I can not attest to the veracity of the information.
Closed Thread

Tags
world, covid, population, pandemic, country

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.