TV in the national news

Closed Thread
Old 06-29-2020, 11:11 AM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,624 Times in 1,765 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W View Post
If it wasn't for this woman standing in the middle of the street trying to disrupt a peaceful golf cart parade, while she yelled profanities there wouldn't of been any news. The fellow who yelled "White Power" was in retaliation to her yelling 'Where's your Hood. You say nasty things, and you'll get nasty things right back in your face. Can you image wearing a T-Shirt that said, Veterans while riding in your own golf cart, and having this woman jump out in front of you and shouting nasty things right in your face!!

The Villages Florida
That horrible woman instigated the unfortunate white power response which I almost missed watching the entire video. President Trump's team pulled it down three hours after it was posted, as soon as they realized the man's response to being relentlessly taunted and verbally assaulted by the vilest profanity imaginable coming from the piehole in the ugly mug of that disgusting obese old bat standing in front of his cart, blocking his passage. Honestly, I would have been strongly tempted to run her over or shoot her. I appreciate his forbearance.

She went on to yell the F word at every single cart as it went by throughout the length of the video. She is beyond disgusting. I hope she moves out of TV as she stated she hates it here on the video. That would make TV even better.

Of course the MSM picked up on one man's response when he literally could take no more. It reminded me of a cruel person poking a dog with a stick until it snarls back at its taunter. Even a calm and cool person can only take so much.

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Old 06-29-2020, 11:16 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mstraveller View Post
I have lived in the Villages for 13 years. I have loved living here. Now I am ashamed!
Two of my family and friends, that I have been pushing to buy here. Called to say that they would never think of buying here.

Real Estate this may impact on you.

For or Against.

Therein lies...the real question.

Only time will tell.
Old 06-29-2020, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gulfcoast View Post
That video was out there way before Trump tweeted it. I do think that it's important to see how citizens having a lawful parade in support of our president are being attacked and abused by "protesters". This is beginning to reach voter intimidation levels which is illegal last I heard.
My point exactly! The video was out there for a while yet most people did not know about it until The President re-tweeted it, for the purpose of stirring the pot. These kind of Tweets make him feel good but at the same time, the pot boiled over on The Villages.
Old 06-29-2020, 11:26 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,922 Times in 1,111 Posts
Default Does the writer profess to know

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madelaine Amee View Post
It would not surprise me if this was the last golf cart parade, or even parade, allowed within the confines of TV. We have a large group of black residents who live very quietly and keep to themselves. These are not people from the lower level of the income scale, they are professionals who just want what we all want, to live in a safe and beautiful place. I don't think they should be subjected to hearing someone scream racial slurs.

But then, I'm a pollyanna. I believe we all have the right to be treated in a decent manner no matter what color is our skin. I was lucky to have parents who were color blind and we brought our children up the same way. If the person screaming White Power was blind he would have no idea of black or white! It is learned behavior and has no place in our world.
how black people feel or whether there should be more demonstrations or how much money or what kind of job they had.. . Well I can’t speak for black people . . anymore then I can for white people either
Old 06-29-2020, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlieo1126@gmail.com View Post
It seems no one wants to own up to the fact that the president started this thing and knew who was going to like this among his followers, and like usual denies the whole thing . I was at the memorial service at 2 pm everyone was respectful no anti trump signs , there were people there who I know are Republicans . We all knelt or tried to for the over 8 minutes it took George to die , the service was over at 2:30! I was one of last to leave the bandstand because of catching up with an old friend when I got to Barnes and Noble parking lot to get in my car the golf cart parade was still forming at 3pm It’s been said and I’ve overheard the last couple of weeks that this was a spillover from out memorial , nothing could be father from the truth
Kneel for George, really. How about kneeling for the police officers killed every day. How about kneeling for the military who come back with no legs and arms. How about kneeling for all women being abused, something like George holding a gun to a pregnant woman’s stomach. I do not condone anyone being killed but let’s be real. “George” was a felon, a convicted felon. Should he have died in the hands of a police officer, no. Should we make him a hero and talk about his legacy, what legacy. If anyone wants their cause to be taken seriously I suggest stop making “George” the second Jesus.
Old 06-29-2020, 11:34 AM
Default Thank the President

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucco View Post
NO STORY AIMED at The Villages.

The story was news because the leader of the free world with the largest bully pulpit that there is and who speaks for all of us....retweeted the video.

Otherwise it was old news from a week or so ago.

The story was not about The Villages, but it does bring "unwanted" press to us.
You can thank the President for the negative publicity.
Old 06-29-2020, 11:35 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OCsun View Post
My point exactly! The video was out there for a while yet most people did not know about it until The President re-tweeted it, for the purpose of stirring the pot. These kind of Tweets make him feel good but at the same time, the pot boiled over on The Villages.
No, we saw it. We just realized that the old lady instigating most of the nastiness was probably not mentally o.k., to put it mildly. We also realized that the retort from the one man being harassed was not representative of the entire community.

The video has simply gotten revived attention because the president retweeted it as if to say: "We see what is happening out there."
Old 06-29-2020, 11:49 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,950 Times in 829 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucco View Post
If retweeted and mentioned, it would have been.
The video Potus retweeted had the lady screaming obscenities at each cart in the parade.

The media cut that part out. (reason excessive profanities) LOL watch any movies lately?
Old 06-29-2020, 11:53 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gulfcoast View Post
So Trump made the mistake of retweeting a video of a golf cart Trump parade and when he realized that one of the participants yelled "White Power!" he immediately took the tweet down, as he should have.

I am so sick of hearing people talk to others in such a disparaging way. I have no energy for that type of nonsense and I wish that everyone could get along. TV is mostly a relaxed, peaceful place filled with retirees who are there because they want to play pickle ball, golf and make friends with others going through the same life stage. I have no room in my heart for all of this nasty controversy and I refuse to be embroiled in it.
3 hours is not immediately.........
Old 06-29-2020, 11:55 AM
Sage
Thanked 14,047 Times in 5,336 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamamia54 View Post
Kneel for George, really. How about kneeling for the police officers killed every day. How about kneeling for the military who come back with no legs and arms. How about kneeling for all women being abused, something like George holding a gun to a pregnant woman’s stomach. I do not condone anyone being killed but let’s be real. “George” was a felon, a convicted felon. Should he have died in the hands of a police officer, no. Should we make him a hero and talk about his legacy, what legacy. If anyone wants their cause to be taken seriously I suggest stop making “George” the second Jesus.
It is amazing that all of these so called black heroes have a rap sheet a mile long. Would think they could come up with a honest citizen to get behind.
Old 06-29-2020, 11:55 AM
Sage
Thanked 14,047 Times in 5,336 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by manaboutown View Post
That horrible woman instigated the unfortunate white power response which I almost missed watching the entire video. President Trump's team pulled it down three hours after it was posted, as soon as they realized the man's response to being relentlessly taunted and verbally assaulted by the vilest profanity imaginable coming from the piehole in the ugly mug of that disgusting obese old bat standing in front of his cart, blocking his passage. Honestly, I would have been strongly tempted to run her over or shoot her. I appreciate his forbearance.

She went on to yell the F word at every single cart as it went by throughout the length of the video. She is beyond disgusting. I hope she moves out of TV as she stated she hates it here on the video. That would make TV even better.

Of course the MSM picked up on one man's response when he literally could take no more. It reminded me of a cruel person poking a dog with a stick until it snarls back at its taunter. Even a calm and cool person can only take so much.
What a disgusting human being
Old 06-29-2020, 12:02 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,310 Times in 824 Posts

It does not matter to me what side you are on. Behavior that was displayed by supposedly grown educated adults was embarrassing to me. It took some doing but I finally convinced my friends and relatives that Leisureville was not at all representative of TV. Here we go again.
Old 06-29-2020, 12:06 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,950 Times in 829 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barb.callow View Post
You can thank the President for the negative publicity.
You can thank the media for editing the video so that the Grantifa spewing obscenities at every cart was not seen.
Old 06-29-2020, 12:13 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

The mainstream media chose to ignore the two loudmouth profanity laced woman, they didn't fit with the message they wanted to convey.

MSM This is not News - Honoring the President on his Birthday!!!

The Villages Florida

Negative Image of Biden Supporters - Not News!!

The Villages Florida

This is News, people shouting makes Headlines!!!

The Villages Florida
Old 06-29-2020, 12:17 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,707 Times in 557 Posts

While the recent rise of Covid cases has pushed back our planned next trip to The Villages, with the hope of finding the home we want to purchase, like many other people across the country we are concerned about a lot of things that are going on these days.
Closed Thread

Tags
news, friends, family, night, surprising

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.