Vaccine "Passports"?

Closed Thread
Old 04-04-2021, 04:23 AM
Default "Can't wait to see what is next"

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
You don't get the vaccine.....you suffer the consequences. THAT is what I wish for. There is a reason vaccinated people should reap the rewards for receiving the vaccinations. We are doing our part to achieve herd immunity. There should benefits to that.

Sorry you don't agree but I get a kick "watching" and "listening" to the anti-vaxxers squirm when there is discussion that they will undoubtedly be living with limitations in their lives for the foreseeable future. That includes international airline travel and cruising so far. There will be more to come and I can't wait to see what is next.
You are so right, anti vaxxers could have limitations on travel, stadiums, etc...BUT...then again, those who have been vaccinated may need more vaccinations to deal with variants, or, maybe loose their health because the vaccine has limited their own natural immune system to protect them form other viruses. Yes, we all can't wait to see what is next.
Old 04-04-2021, 04:37 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,319 Times in 462 Posts

Quote:
They are endless, actually. I'm not saying these limitations will last forever. I'm sure they won't for your sake.
Endless limitations on our freedoms? You have no idea of the repercussions in that way of thinking.
Old 04-04-2021, 04:44 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,319 Times in 462 Posts

Quote:
I have been very verbal about not agreeing with our governor. I think the businesses should have the say as to how they wish to handle this pandemic going forward. There should be no government intervention. Isn't that conservative way of thinking?
Now you want no government intervention?? Now you want business's to have their say? That so special also. You would raise holy hell if a business denied you access because you were vaccinated and they don't believe in it. Like I said.. when something suits your purpose you are OK with it.....and damn everyone else.
Old 04-04-2021, 04:47 AM
Default War?

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueash View Post
You believe our country fought for the freedom to not get a vaccine? Do our soldiers get a choice not to get required vaccines? Did our Revolutionary War leader and first President, George Washington, force his soldiers to get smallpox prevention? Yes he did. Did he establish a regulation that no person from Boston where there was a smallpox epidemic be allowed to travel to where his troops were encamped, yes he did. So please, General Washington set up a rule where people at risk of having a contagious disease could not freely travel. Sound familiar? Just a little bit?

Don't tell me America was founded so that people can refuse vaccines and still do whatever they please because of "freedumb" Read history and learn.
Since you are asking questions, here's one for you: Do you know that in times of war drastic measures may be employed for the war effort? Further, do you know that, right now, we are not at war? So, you go ahead and call others, "Freedumb", but I'll live my life under the guise of someone much smarter than I, to quote..."Those who sacrifice freedom for some sort of security end up with neither", and, "The loss of freedom will be replaced with panic and hording"
Sound familiar? Just a little bit?
Old 04-04-2021, 04:57 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,178 Times in 1,935 Posts

Quote:
You believe our country fought for the freedom to not get a vaccine? Do our soldiers get a choice not to get required vaccines? Did our Revolutionary War leader and first President, George Washington, force his soldiers to get smallpox prevention? Yes he did. Did he establish a regulation that no person from Boston where there was a smallpox epidemic be allowed to travel to where his troops were encamped, yes he did. So please, General Washington set up a rule where people at risk of having a contagious disease could not freely travel. Sound familiar? Just a little bit?

Don't tell me America was founded so that people can refuse vaccines and still do whatever they please because of "freedumb" Read history and learn.
I did not know any of what you said but I appreciate the history lesson. Thank you.
Old 04-04-2021, 05:03 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jswirs View Post
You are so right, anti vaxxers could have limitations on travel, stadiums, etc...BUT...then again, those who have been vaccinated may need more vaccinations to deal with variants, or, maybe loose their health because the vaccine has limited their own natural immune system to protect them form other viruses. Yes, we all can't wait to see what is next.
There is a mass vaccination effort globally to get this pandemic on its knees. I honestly feel the virologists, immunologists and the pharmaceutical companies who have developed these vaccines have not and will not cause harm to so many people on this massive scale.

I do believe these vaccines are safe for humans. Wouldn't the vaccine developers know if these vaccines could possibly have any effect at all to damage immune systems? I believe they do know that no harm can be done to the human immune system. The RNA is eliminated from the body within a very short time (hours). How can harm be derived?
Old 04-04-2021, 05:06 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanley View Post
Endless limitations on our freedoms? You have no idea of the repercussions in that way of thinking.
The limitations can be for the short term as I said they probably won't last forever; just the amount of time it takes to get this pandemic under control. There is nothing wrong with limitations for un-vaccinated people for the sake of public health. It is already starting so there is that.

This is my opinion of course.
Old 04-04-2021, 05:10 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanley View Post
Now you want no government intervention?? Now you want business's to have their say? That so special also. You would raise holy hell if a business denied you access because you were vaccinated and they don't believe in it. Like I said.. when something suits your purpose you are OK with it.....and damn everyone else.
Well, I look at it this way......the folks who are refusing to be vaccinated in this mass effort to achieve herd immunity are also damning everyone else who are doing their part. There are two ways to look at it.
Old 04-04-2021, 05:10 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,914 Times in 4,142 Posts

Quote:
The limitations can be for the short term as I said they probably won't last forever
Hitler, 1933
Old 04-04-2021, 05:17 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
Hitler, 1933
You are a physician. I do not understand why you are not more of a proponent for humanity to err on the safe side for the sake of public health.
Old 04-04-2021, 05:22 AM

Quote:
There is a mass vaccination effort globally to get this pandemic on its knees. I honestly feel the virologists, immunologists and the pharmaceutical companies who have developed these vaccines have not and will not cause harm to so many people on this massive scale.

I do believe these vaccines are safe for humans. Wouldn't the vaccine developers know if these vaccines could possibly have any effect at all to damage immune systems? I believe they do know that no harm can be done to the human immune system. The RNA is eliminated from the body within a very short time (hours). How can harm be derived?
The undisputed fact is, no one knows for sure, only time will tell. You believe what you want to believe, as well all will do.
Old 04-04-2021, 05:35 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,914 Times in 4,142 Posts

Quote:
You are a physician. I do not understand why you are not more of a proponent for humanity to err on the safe side for the sake of public health.
I think you misunderstand. I am 100% in favor of everyone getting vaccinated, I am under 65 so had to wait, but now I have an appointment for tomorrow. I favor masks indoors when social distancing cannot be guaranteed.

245 years ago we sent a letter to George III delineating certain rights and freedoms that we believed in, in 1787 we immortalized them in our constitution. Most of that document limited what GOVERNMENT can and cannot do

There have been certain situations where we play loose and free with that document---wartime, pandemics, Japanese-American internment camps, pre civil rights South, etc., all in the name of "the greater good" The problem is WHO gets to decide the greater good.

You are free to argue the severity of this pandemic and quote numbers, but IMHO, compared with pandemics of the past, this is a minor event. Spanish flu 1918-19----50-100 million dead. Black Death of 1347---60% of Europe dead. Justinian plague of 541-49---30% of the population dead. I just don't believe that the draconian response that we have had so far, much less future regulations and edicts, are justified.

Bottom line: You and I are in the same book and same chapter, just on a slightly different page.
Old 04-04-2021, 05:55 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
I think you misunderstand. I am 100% in favor of everyone getting vaccinated, I am under 65 so had to wait, but now I have an appointment for tomorrow. I favor masks indoors when social distancing cannot be guaranteed.

245 years ago we sent a letter to George III delineating certain rights and freedoms that we believed in, in 1787 we immortalized them in our constitution. Most of that document limited what GOVERNMENT can and cannot do

There have been certain situations where we play loose and free with that document---wartime, pandemics, Japanese-American internment camps, pre civil rights South, etc., all in the name of "the greater good" The problem is WHO gets to decide the greater good.

You are free to argue the severity of this pandemic and quote numbers, but IMHO, compared with pandemics of the past, this is a minor event. Spanish flu 1918-19----50-100 million dead. Black Death of 1347---60% of Europe dead. Justinian plague of 541-49---30% of the population dead. I just don't believe that the draconian response that we have had so far, much less future regulations and edicts, are justified.

Bottom line: You and I are in the same book and same chapter, just on a slightly different page.
Congratulations on getting your appointment for vaccination. I really do enjoy reading your posts and have a great appreciation for your contributions to this forum. Thank you!
Old 04-04-2021, 06:22 AM
Sage
Thanked 8,279 Times in 4,297 Posts

Quote:
HIPAA laws are to protect an individual's privacy but an individual may divulge their medical history if they wish to do so.

So......if a vaccinated person would like to produce a vaccine passport to board a cruise ship, let's say, they are within their rights to do so. HIPAA has nothing to do with that.
I never said it did...

I was specifically talking about REQUIRING a Vaccine Passport... Which is what the entire thread is about...
Old 04-04-2021, 06:26 AM
Sage
Thanked 8,279 Times in 4,297 Posts

Quote:
You are wrong about HIPAA [not HIPPA]

There is absolutely no violation of HIPAA if you disclose your own health information which is what would happen in the situation described.

EDIT Oh I see as I was typing the correct information was being posted.
No, you're wrong, as well... (And sorry for the typo...)

I deal with HIPAA daily, I know exactly what it is...

This thread is about REQUIRING a Vaccine Passport. Not choosing to disclose the information...
Closed Thread

Tags
vaccine, government, passports, regulation, generally

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.