We're in deep poop

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread
Old 03-30-2020, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatbrat View Post
The Pres. has just extended , all guidelines to Apr. 30--anyone wanna bet we're going to be in the same boat till Sept 1

Not just health, but the mkt down to 10000. if we're lucky
You to get a positive outlook
Old 03-30-2020, 09:37 AM

yes, it certainly will extend until September if villagers continue to have parties and congregate at the town square not practicing social distancing and staying at home. Perhaps they are bored renters? In any case, I understand Sumter County Sheriff's office is unable to stop gatherings BUT can stop and ask them to please follow Presidents and Governors guidance on 6 ft social distancing !
Old 03-30-2020, 09:42 AM

Quote:
All I know is tomorrow morning I'm totally selling all my equities--there is no way we can turn the mkts around by labor day- 4 months of total negativity, I'll be sitting pretty with cash when things turn around as long as I'm still alive--I'm 77 --we have way more than we can spend as it stands--take my advice when the Pres says stay put till Apr 30--its the beginning
Let's see. Currently the NASDAQ is up 2.3%. S&P up 1.9%. Great advice.
Old 03-30-2020, 09:42 AM
Gold member
Default Ohiobuckeye

Quote:
The Pres. has just extended , all guidelines to Apr. 30--anyone wanna bet we're going to be in the same boat till Sept 1

I’ll bet you if he would of said the middle of April people would of raised more h _ _ _ about that if it didn’t end on the exact date. Guess you didn’t listen to what he said in the Rose Garden yesterday. He explained why he used April 30th as a tenitive date. Yea, it might not be over until Sept. 1st. There’s no magic wand! We’ve all got to be patient.
Old 03-30-2020, 09:43 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Winston O Boogie jr View Post
I think that it will go on longer than Sept 1. The spread will only slow when we start approaching 80% infected. Then we will still have the virus around.

The only thing that may stop this is if the drug combination of Hydroxy Chloraquine and Z-Pak is approved by FDA and US manufacturers begin making huge amounts of it.

There are two problems with that. It usually takes years to get that kind of approval and it's never done without thousands of tests. The second problem is much of the material that is used to make those drugs comes from China. I don't know if we have enough raw materials in this country to fulfill the demand.

I don't what kind of power the president has over the FDA and it might be that congress needs to get involved. But the president can invoke the DPA to force drug companies to make Hydroxy Chloraquine and Z Paks.

But until there is a cure we'll be stuck in our current position.

A vaccination is at least a year away.

Maybe not. I have a positive feeling that scientist's around the world are working on a vaccine non stop.
Old 03-30-2020, 10:01 AM
Location: Wisconsin, California, military, California, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Illinois, (Ugh!) and, FINALLY, TV

Quote:

This thread has switched from a medical safety one to a financial one. Both are important. As to the physical one, I'm still waiting for "The Rest of the Story." Are the hand washing, no hand shaking, keep a safe distance guidelines that are extended, which make sense anyway, or is it keeping closed for business for another month? I think, and hope, that it's the former only.
Old 03-30-2020, 10:22 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Englander View Post
[/COLOR][/I][/B]

Maybe not. I have a positive feeling that scientist's around the world are working on a vaccine non stop.
There's no doubt medical scientists around the world are working 24x7 on ways to mitigate / "cure" / prevent Covid19 for lots of reasons.

Anyone who does this successfully will reap billions ... which is fine with me. Free market in action.
Old 03-30-2020, 10:47 AM

Quote:

Down to 10,000 if we're lucky? Take a pill Chicken Little. If I had free cash I would be buying.

Last edited by skyking; 03-30-2020 at 11:34 AM.
Old 03-30-2020, 11:12 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
All I know is tomorrow morning I'm totally selling all my equities--there is no way we can turn the mkts around by labor day- 4 months of total negativity, I'll be sitting pretty with cash when things turn around as long as I'm still alive--I'm 77 --we have way more than we can spend as it stands--take my advice when the Pres says stay put till Apr 30--its the beginning
Panic selling is NOT the way to go

Laughter is the best medicine, unless you're being treated for Shingles
Old 03-30-2020, 11:34 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,814 Times in 758 Posts

I have a lot more confidence in how this president handles the crisis than the previous one. I have confidence that if there is a recession, this one will have the country recover in a lot shorter time period. Just my opinion, and we will see how it pans out. America has gone through a lot harder times than this, and came back a shining beacon for the rest of the world. Stress and hysteria does not help anyone. It only shortens lives. Think of it as an interesting footnote in history; something to tell your great grandkids about. I wonder when the ration cards will be issued. Think I will go out and fill my gas tank before gasoline is rationed. I know, I know the reason for the gas rationing was because of the war shortage and it does not pertain to this situation. No need to make a difficult time into a total disaster. Things could be worse than this. It's not like we are fighting a war in Europe and in Asia.
Old 03-30-2020, 11:54 AM

Chatbrat. Your right but late. Richard Burr is my broker.
Old 03-30-2020, 12:17 PM
Default covid 19

Quote:

lets pray the lord to protect us and pray for the world
just keep distance and stay at home please

maria simonetti
Old 03-30-2020, 12:33 PM

Hope you have an Adviser.....
Old 03-30-2020, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by prntxpresn View Post
Buy gold & silver commodities - they will skyrocket according to financial advisor. Also said it will be worse than 1929!
I just dumped my financial advisor last week.Been paying him for his part for way to long.He never told me weeks ago about buying toilet paper.Missed out big time.
Old 03-30-2020, 01:02 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 4,772 Times in 1,819 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
Really? Dow futures down 53, world markets down 0.5-1.5%

Yes.

When I looked, there were up and they been up most of the day.

Tags
till, sept, health, mkt, boat

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.