What does Covid-19 in the White House teach us?

Closed Thread
Old 10-03-2020, 05:29 PM
Default What does Covid-19 in the White House teach us?

I've been watching the recordings of the assembly in the Rose garden earlier this week, and it's hard to fathom what they were thinking - not wearing masks, shaking hands, hugging in some cases. Seems to go against everything our experts tell us.

But to me the biggest take-away is that even out in the open air, it looks like you can still get the virus if you don't practice social distancing. I know it's going to make me think twice about eating outside, and I'm re-thinking all my activites now.

Is there anything else that can be learned? Super-spreader events like this just seem all too common. I've still not had a hair cut in 8 months now, and don't see that changing any time soon.

We have to get back to listneing to the Scientists on this. Wishful thinking is not going to cut it folks, and I don't like playing Russian roulette.

I beelive Trump is not in great shape, so if there is some good from this it's that he may become a poster child for why we all need to take it seriously and wear masks when with others.
Old 10-03-2020, 05:44 PM

Chris Christie has been checked into the hospital. He is old, morbidly obese, and has asthma. This doesn't look good.
Old 10-03-2020, 05:53 PM

There will never be a vaccine. Live your life to the fullest every day!!!
Old 10-03-2020, 06:07 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,238 Times in 2,818 Posts

Wear a mask!
Old 10-03-2020, 06:13 PM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,661 Times in 1,776 Posts

Frankly, I was starting to relax a bit, going out to run a few errands to get me out of the house. Now I am back to ordering hardware and other items from Amazon and getting my groceries delivered. I have not had a haircut or been on an aircraft since February and thought maybe I was being a little paranoid but I no longer feel that way. I have always worn a mask in public buildings but not in their parking lots. I am now going to wear a mask in parking lots but not while out walking for exercise.

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Old 10-03-2020, 06:13 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,031 Times in 4,181 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post
Wear a mask!
///
Old 10-03-2020, 06:17 PM
Bikeracer2009

There was a guy on TOTV that was arguing with everyone about covid-19. He came across as an expert with a prediction that by October 1st the virus would be gone and he wouldn't have to live like Howard Hughes anymore. I won't say who he is. He knows I'm talking about him.

Where is this expert now?

Where is his scientific analysis and predictions?

Sometimes science gets it wrong so listen to your instincts and protect yourself at all times. The virus can still hit this place hard just like it did the Whitehouse.
Old 10-03-2020, 06:36 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,244 Times in 707 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bikeracer2009 View Post
There was a guy on TOTV that was arguing with everyone about covid-19. He came across as an expert with a prediction that by October 1st the virus would be gone and he wouldn't have to live like Howard Hughes anymore. I won't say who he is. He knows I'm talking about him.

Sometimes science gets it wrong so listen to your instincts and protect yourself at all times. The virus can still hit this place hard just like it did the Whitehouse.

Of all the messages we have heard, it is my opinion that the science message was never wrong, sometimes needing more data to update, but not wrong in the truest sense.

Lacking one message, we have had to choose.
Old 10-03-2020, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bikeracer2009 View Post

You're taking about Mr Herd Immunity? He was wrong from day one but was so eloquent in his musings that people thought he sounded smart. Science is never wrong. Misunderstanding the data and drawing erroneous conclusions is not science. Anyone who truly understood the science of infectious disease knew he was wrong.

I don't wish Covid on anyone and hope everyone infected recovers fully. I know this is not always the case unfortunately.

I'm still optimistic that Americans are resilient and will persevere, despite what the unhappy minority like to convey.
Old 10-03-2020, 07:53 PM

any more info on why the recent spike in Sumpter Co. Thinking of driving down for a couple weeks to get the place ready for January . I know there was a separate thread on this but cant find it . I saw 80 cases in one day.
Old 10-03-2020, 07:57 PM
Veteran member

Does anyone know what to make of the huge spike in positive rates in Sumter County on September 29 and 30 according to Home | Florida Department of Health COVID-19 Outbreak The county had been at about 4% on average and then spiked up to 21% on 9/29 and 22% on 9/30.
Old 10-03-2020, 07:58 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,698 Times in 640 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by skarra View Post
Is there anything else that can be learned?
No, there is nothing else to learn. We learned everything we needed in February.

Social distance from others, stay away from indoor spaces with other people, wear clean masks in stores, wash your hands frequently.

Of course, that is easy for unemployed people like us.
Old 10-04-2020, 05:14 AM

Did anyone see the short clip when Amy approached the rose garden party in a mask, she was met by 3 gentleman, one I think was mark meadows (could only see back of his head), it then appeared judging by the look on her face and actions, that she was asked to remove her mask which she promptly did.
Old 10-04-2020, 05:33 AM
Thanked 1,306 Times in 237 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by skarra View Post
I've been watching the recordings of the assembly in the Rose garden earlier this week, and it's hard to fathom what they were thinking - not wearing masks, shaking hands, hugging in some cases. Seems to go against everything our experts tell us.

But to me the biggest take-away is that even out in the open air, it looks like you can still get the virus if you don't practice social distancing. I know it's going to make me think twice about eating outside, and I'm re-thinking all my activites now.

Is there anything else that can be learned? Super-spreader events like this just seem all too common. I've still not had a hair cut in 8 months now, and don't see that changing any time soon.

We have to get back to listneing to the Scientists on this. Wishful thinking is not going to cut it folks, and I don't like playing Russian roulette.

I beelive Trump is not in great shape, so if there is some good from this it's that he may become a poster child for why we all need to take it seriously and wear masks when with others.
All it teaches us is that you can’t hide from a virus! Mask or no mask! I don’t wear a mask as I know they are useless! We will all be exposed to Covid just like we are the flu or the common cold. Trump has no co-morbidities so he will be past this in a week or so, just like 99% of those that get it!
The media has done a good job of tuning much of the population into paranoid people!
Old 10-04-2020, 05:39 AM
Thanked 1,306 Times in 237 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post
Wear a mask!
Masks are useless against this virus. Covid molecule very small and can pass right through it. Read what leading epidemiologists say! Just psychological. Covid is not a death sentence. 99% survivable just like the flu. No mask for me!
So tired of the paranoia!
Closed Thread

Tags
cut, masks, thinking, great, common

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.