NFL using end-zone stencils, helmet stickers in social-justice push

Closed Thread
Old 09-02-2020, 08:55 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,470 Times in 611 Posts
Default NFL using end-zone stencils, helmet stickers in social-justice push

I have NOT watched one minute of Baseball, Basketball, team sports this year. Only Golf. Was really looking forward to Pro Football, esp with Brady now in Tampa Bay. I even bought a Brady/Tampa Bay jersey. Was hoping that Goodell would stay out of the fray and pandering - NO! (anyone want the jersey?). Really not sure if I will watch NFL games now. Why must EVERYTHING be so POLITICAL??? (BTW, pls no political comments or Mods will delete...).

-----------------------
NFL teams will add symbols to their end zones and helmets this season as part of a leaguewide effort to make clear its commitment to social justice.

NFL commissioner Roger Goodell said Tuesday that teams will stencil two phrases into the backs of their end zones — “End Racism” and “It Takes All of Us” — this season. Additionally, he said players will be allowed to wear helmet decals “bearing the names of the victims” of police violence and systemic racism.

MORE>

NFL using end-zone stencils, helmet stickers in social-justice push - Chicago Sun-Times
Old 09-02-2020, 09:02 AM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,661 Times in 1,776 Posts

Oh the irony! Felons commemorating their fallen fellow felons.

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine

Last edited by manaboutown; 09-02-2020 at 12:33 PM.
Old 09-02-2020, 09:10 AM
Location: atl (marietta) - 1/20 bought on killington loop then covoid hit - looking again

who cares ? most w/any common sense will have decided to omit pro football/b-ball from their viewing schedule by now... this WILL have consequences when the player's wives find out the paychecks are cut due to advertisers demanding rebates based on low #'s of tv viewers
Old 09-02-2020, 09:28 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,970 Times in 1,123 Posts

Well I guess I have no sense , I’m already with my NFL ticket. I’m was a multi tour combat veteran who fought for the rights off everyone to express themselves peacefully in any manor they wish legally
Old 09-02-2020, 09:33 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,238 Times in 2,818 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by stadry View Post
who cares ? most w/any common sense will have decided to omit pro football/b-ball from their viewing schedule by now... this WILL have consequences when the player's wives find out the paychecks are cut due to advertisers demanding rebates based on low #'s of tv viewers
Which one of their wives, their X’s or the current one?
Old 09-02-2020, 09:36 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,371 Times in 817 Posts
Default Nfl

We will watch NFL games. We both like football.
Old 09-02-2020, 10:45 AM

I dislike having social statements forced upon me. On Monday, I was watching Tampa defeat Boston in hockey. The camera panned for a second to a BLM poster high in the stands. I almost turned off the TV. If they do it again, I’m done with hockey. As for the NFL, I think they all should be on both knees praying their sponsorship doesn’t go down the tubes. Most everyone I know has decided to stop watching. Combine that with Covid and I just don’t see how they can continue to pay out salaries and keep their stadiums open.
Old 09-02-2020, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlieo1126@gmail.com View Post
Well I guess I have no sense , I’m already with my NFL ticket. I’m was a multi tour combat veteran who fought for the rights off everyone to express themselves peacefully in any manor they wish legally
Thank You for your service, I did as well....
The Play Station generation want their rights but don't want to earn them, destroying and demanding is not the answer in achieving respect.
Old 09-02-2020, 03:15 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,152 Times in 1,326 Posts

what size is the jersey?

asking for a friend
Old 09-02-2020, 03:19 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,265 Times in 367 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeanFL View Post
I have NOT watched one minute of Baseball, Basketball, team sports this year. Only Golf. Was really looking forward to Pro Football, esp with Brady now in Tampa Bay. I even bought a Brady/Tampa Bay jersey. Was hoping that Goodell would stay out of the fray and pandering - NO! (anyone want the jersey?). Really not sure if I will watch NFL games now. Why must EVERYTHING be so POLITICAL??? (BTW, pls no political comments or Mods will delete...).

-----------------------
NFL teams will add symbols to their end zones and helmets this season as part of a leaguewide effort to make clear its commitment to social justice.

NFL commissioner Roger Goodell said Tuesday that teams will stencil two phrases into the backs of their end zones — “End Racism” and “It Takes All of Us” — this season. Additionally, he said players will be allowed to wear helmet decals “bearing the names of the victims” of police violence and systemic racism.

MORE>

NFL using end-zone stencils, helmet stickers in social-justice push - Chicago Sun-Times
I will tune OUT the NFL - again - this year.

The government cannot give anything to anyone without first taking it from someone else
Old 09-02-2020, 03:59 PM

The news this morning showed a football player named Tyler Eifert of the Jaguars who will put the name of the officer killed, David Dorn, , on his helmet. He put a beautiful post explaining why. I don’t do social media (except this) but you can probably google it. Bravo to him! Otherwise, I hope all sports go right down the drain. Maybe then they can go be police officers since so many are retiring. See how they like that.
Old 09-02-2020, 04:24 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,238 Times in 5,431 Posts

NBA is done for me

Baseball would like to watch but so far have not.

NFL not sure yet but will wait until games start put one on and see if I will watch.
Old 09-02-2020, 06:21 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,970 Times in 1,123 Posts
Default Excuse me but I haven’t seen anyone in the league destroying anything

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red White & Blue View Post
Thank You for your service, I did as well....
The Play Station generation want their rights but don't want to earn them, destroying and demanding is not the answer in achieving respect.
the talk here about them all being felons , well look at the news that prints public records here in villages
Lots of dui ‘s domestic violence and it’s not just the people living with there moms , and don’t get me started on the very high divorce rate here , folks it’s not Mayberry like people think. And thanks but I never needed a thankyou for my combat service. I don’t have a baseball hat, vest or go to service club. I belong to all the national vets org. but never had the urge to step inside one and I tell nothing but funny stories , you see like in the Graham Greene Novel you could say I’m a Quiet American
Old 09-02-2020, 07:34 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,238 Times in 5,431 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlieo1126@gmail.com View Post
the talk here about them all being felons , well look at the news that prints public records here in villages
Lots of dui ‘s domestic violence and it’s not just the people living with there moms , and don’t get me started on the very high divorce rate here , folks it’s not Mayberry like people think. And thanks but I never needed a thankyou for my combat service. I don’t have a baseball hat, vest or go to service club. I belong to all the national vets org. but never had the urge to step inside one and I tell nothing but funny stories , you see like in the Graham Greene Novel you could say I’m a Quiet American
Irregardless of what you said thank you for your service.

Seems like a lot more widows and widowers here than divorcees.
Old 09-02-2020, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueash View Post
Somehow in both 2018 and again in 2019 viewership was up for the NFL despite so many people swearing off ever watching again...
Don't know where you got your INFO for the NFL viewership going up 2018 and 2019.
But,
Here are some NFL Attendance DATA showing interest in the game is going down.
2016 - 17,755.671
2017 - 17,253,425
2018 - 17,177,581
2019 - 17,040,039
Link below:
2016 NFL Attendance Data | Pro-Football-Reference.com
Closed Thread

Tags
nfl, teams, bay, jersey, goodell

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.