Will Covid-19 vaccines cause long term side effects?

Closed Thread
Old 07-25-2021, 02:36 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,295 Times in 439 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
Rather than using the Javitz Center, to make room in hospitals, nursing home patients were sent back to their nursing homes, still infected with Covid. We all know how THAT ended up.
And whose decision was that?!?!?
Old 07-25-2021, 02:42 PM
John41

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
All three legislators who tested positive for Covid were FULLY vaccinated. And they tested positive AFTER they arrived in DC - which means they could've contracted it while they were in DC, and someone who actually lives in DC is the one spreading it.
Of course they tested positive AFTER they arrived because there is a 5 day period before symptoms appear. Second it’s now six legislators who had breakthrough cases. The probability of that is 2.6% so something is fishy. And the fact that new cases occurring with those legislators will no longer be reported is suspicious. Then there is the mixed message of telling the public that even the vaccinated need to wear masks while ignoring your own advice.

Last edited by John41; 07-25-2021 at 02:54 PM.
Old 07-25-2021, 02:42 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,295 Times in 439 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrumpyOldMan View Post
Deflection.
Seriously?……..No…
Old 07-25-2021, 03:39 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,923 Times in 1,541 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swoop View Post
And the hospital ship sailed away without really being used. And the temporary “hospitals” like those in the Javits Center also went virtually unused. But they made for really great news broadcasts and filled hours of airtime - successfully ramping up the panic…
I hope no one REALLY believes that kind of anti-media propaganda. My post overall had WAY more relevance and credibility. Look at the OVERALL CONTENT of my post. It is easy to "cherry-pick" small snippets of a post to criticize, but much more difficult to write a meaningful rebuttal against the total content of the post. I believe that my post was meaningful to most interested open-minded readers. I find that the TRADITIONAL media sources are the best antidotes against the flood of propaganda that I believe has roots in Russian and Chinese trolls - then it gets amplified and retransmitted by poor unwitting US conspiracy theorists and anarchists that hate on their own America - all of which IS currently leading down a road to a form of government that most Americans will HATE!

Last edited by jimjamuser; 07-25-2021 at 03:54 PM.
Old 07-25-2021, 03:39 PM
TOTV Moderator

Everybody needs to stop addressing each other directly, quit with the political comments, sly or otherwise, and play nice with each other. Many posts have been removed, and the entire thread is in danger of being closed.
Old 07-25-2021, 04:47 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,348 Times in 4,343 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrumpyOldMan View Post
The hospital ship sailed away because it was ordered there while in the middle of refurbishing, and once there was working with confusing directions that did nothing to help the situation. But, other than a cluster f from the beginning... yeah.
Not true...

-Tom Petty
Old 07-25-2021, 04:48 PM
John41

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjamuser View Post
I hope no one REALLY believes that kind of anti-media propaganda. My post overall had WAY more relevance and credibility. Look at the OVERALL CONTENT of my post. It is easy to "cherry-pick" small snippets of a post to criticize, but much more difficult to write a meaningful rebuttal against the total content of the post. I believe that my post was meaningful to most interested open-minded readers. I find that the TRADITIONAL media sources are the best antidotes against the flood of propaganda that I believe has roots in Russian and Chinese trolls - then it gets amplified and retransmitted by poor unwitting US conspiracy theorists and anarchists that hate on their own America - all of which IS currently leading down a road to a form of government that most Americans will HATE!
From the Columbia Journalism School

.” According to a separate Gallup poll from earlier this year that tracked trust in major institutions, newspapers and television news were among the lowest, exceeded only by Congress.

Many journalists from the NYT, WAPO now say truth in journalism is overrated.

So how can the public believe statements on the Covid vaccine are accurate?
Old 07-25-2021, 04:49 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moderator View Post
Everybody needs to stop addressing each other directly, quit with the political comments, sly or otherwise, and play nice with each other. Many posts have been removed, and the entire thread is in danger of being closed.
Kinda' hard to have a conversation without addressing each other directly, no?

-Tom Petty
Old 07-25-2021, 05:43 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,185 Times in 836 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMintzer View Post
There is no way you can get anything from an attenuated (deactivated) vaccine, either...

Not since the old smallpox vaccine has anyone use live vaccines in a vaccination...
I am big proponent of vaccines and of correcting misinformation. You are wrong about the definition and use of attenuated vaccines. Attenuated vaccines are weakened but not killed or "deactivated" to use your word. There are several live viral vaccines in use including the MMR, the nasal influenza, rotavirus, and the chicken pox and shingles shots. The oral polio is not used in the US anymore, but is elsewhere, but it also is a live viral vaccine.
Old 07-25-2021, 06:57 PM

My father is 87 and Extremely healthy. Only takes 2 pills per day for diabetes. After his 1st shot his platelets dropped to 15. He has been on steroids and have blood draw 3 times per week for 5 months. They suspect it may have been the vaccine but won't confirm. He did not get the 2nd shot. They told him if he cuts himself he could bleed out.
Old 07-25-2021, 07:54 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,477 Times in 753 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJ1325 View Post
My father is 87 and Extremely healthy. Only takes 2 pills per day for diabetes. After his 1st shot his platelets dropped to 15. He has been on steroids and have blood draw 3 times per week for 5 months. They suspect it may have been the vaccine but won't confirm. He did not get the 2nd shot. They told him if he cuts himself he could bleed out.
I am sorry to hear about your father. I hope he gets better. Assuming it was the vaccination, that is one case out of 3 billion vaccinations so far. I will take those odds.

I do know there are other side effects. And it is always sad to hear about them. But the number is so few compared to the number of lives saved. Nothing in life is perfect. No medical treatment is perfect. All we can do is the best we can do.
Old 07-26-2021, 06:18 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,135 Times in 1,358 Posts

Quote:
Kinda' hard to have a conversation without addressing each other directly, no?
Kind of like the govern controlling what they want us to see, hear and say.
Old 07-26-2021, 07:41 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueash View Post
I am big proponent of vaccines and of correcting misinformation. You are wrong about the definition and use of attenuated vaccines. Attenuated vaccines are weakened but not killed or "deactivated" to use your word. There are several live viral vaccines in use including the MMR, the nasal influenza, rotavirus, and the chicken pox and shingles shots. The oral polio is not used in the US anymore, but is elsewhere, but it also is a live viral vaccine.
I was already "corrected"...

I was speaking in layman's terms and yes, I over simplified things. Happy now?

-Tom Petty
Old 07-26-2021, 09:10 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bay Kid View Post
Kind of like the govern controlling what they want us to see, hear and say.
It is nothing like that. It is a private company running it's platform how it wants to. That is called Capitalism.
Old 07-26-2021, 09:12 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
I was already "corrected"...

I was speaking in layman's terms and yes, I over simplified things. Happy now?
You and I often disagree, and sometimes agree. But, I want to compliment you on your responses like this one. It would be nice if more people could simply discuss and leave out the innuendo, the dog whistles, and the ad hominem attacks.

Thank you.

(Note to the moderator, I apologize for directing my compliment at the poster.)
Closed Thread

Tags
encouraging, vaccinated, covid-19, vaccine, article

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.