executive courses

Closed Thread
Old 03-17-2023, 06:28 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Bills View Post
....and statistics missed a lot of 3 foot putts!
And putts within the leather. Statistics also do not show people rolling the ball in the fairway.
Old 03-17-2023, 07:49 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,305 Times in 4,315 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkingston57 View Post
And putts within the leather. Statistics also do not show people rolling the ball in the fairway.
How else can you make sure it's your ball?

-Tom Petty
Old 03-19-2023, 07:29 AM
Gold member

From what I see and hear, they are building more courses. What I don't hear is members or residents not taking care of their OWN courses!!! How hard is it to fill in a divot or repair ball marks, OR steer away from greens so tire marks don't wear away grass next to greens, and rake sand in traps. Everyone loves playing nine holes but no one wants to take care of their OWN courses. (There are some very responsible golfers too) Maintenance takes time, and Extra maintenance takes more time
Old 03-19-2023, 12:08 PM

Just found this forum in our efforts to research TV, particularly in regards to the availability of practice areas for chipping and pitching. That "knee high" limitation was concerning, but have been able to run down a resident via DM who has been very helpful with that.

Pleasantly surprised at the level of discourse here on the forum, and I now know a lot more about the current issues with the executive courses. So, no deal killers, yet. :-)
Old 03-19-2023, 02:28 PM

Most of the problems according to my thinking is the lack of water going to those tee boxes and also the daily movement of tee areas need to be circulated or moved every day not every 3 to 4 days or longer. The same goes for the flags, they need continuous moving daily. Some of the movements is strictly not enough maintenance personnel, or the available of personnel not being told what to specifically do or the personnel taking short cuts to not follow procedures.
Old 03-19-2023, 04:10 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoMar View Post
Plus no solutions.....choices might be to reduce play on the Exec courses (wonder how that will be received), invest more amenity fee monies into the maintenance (increase fees or remove other amenities..wonder how that will be received). Always easy to complain, not so easy to come up with viable solutions. What's your poison to be able to put up with the exec courses?
Reduce play? Refused two days in a row. Zero points too!
Old 03-19-2023, 06:38 PM

Watching the Valspar golf championship this weekend. The greens look brown there too
Old 03-20-2023, 06:44 AM

I have actually been told by an Ambassador to not fill the divots. He said "if you do that, I will have nothing to do". True story!
Old 03-20-2023, 11:14 AM

Played Bogart yesterday, grass on the tee boxes was dead. I'm attributing these poor conditions to a few factors: drought, heat and overplay. Off campus conditions are also going downhill quickly with the lack of rain.
Old 03-21-2023, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wisbad1 View Post
Reduce play? Refused two days in a row. Zero points too!
Ouch! Any guests?
Old 03-23-2023, 03:36 PM
Default Golf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardlyworking View Post
Not everyone plays golf.
True but it’s why a very large percentage of retiree choose The Villages
Old 03-23-2023, 03:59 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by village dreamer View Post
why do we put up with poor executive courses. who ever is in charge is not doing a good job. maybe put his job on the line.we pay big bucks for what weeds and dirt.i belive we own the executive courses.we need a voice. this has been going on for a few years.
“Big Bucks”?
Matter of opinion. $180 amenity fee to maintain all the executive courses, ballfields, pools, tennis/pickle ball courts, and all the rec centers and much much more.
I’d say we get a heck of a lot for our money!

Old 03-23-2023, 04:13 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by laboutj View Post
Played Bogart yesterday, grass on the tee boxes was dead. I'm attributing these poor conditions to a few factors: drought, heat and overplay. Off campus conditions are also going downhill quickly with the lack of rain.
i played bogart today... need to shut it down.
Old 03-24-2023, 02:48 PM
Veteran member

i called mitch leininger [ 352 674 1885] , thats who is in charge of the ex.golf courses.told him about bogart, he was very friendly and open, i was very surprised i got hold of him. if you would like to report something ,just make sure you tell him what course and what hole.
Old 03-25-2023, 04:47 PM
Default Executive Courses

I would have written earlier but I could not stop laughing. Its amazing how people can complain about something they get for virtually free. Lets break it down: Executive Courses do 300+ rounds a day. If they rake the bunkers in the a.m. then at least 30-50 people are going thru them who are afraid of rakes. Just take a preferred lie in the bunker unless its in your own pitch mark or looks fine. Once on the green take 2 putts and pick the ball up. Why aggravate yourself. Greens this time of the year are not growing normal, if at all, and so putting will be a little bumpy and some bare. You can't put 300+ rounds on those slightly dormant greens and expect Augusta National. But you do. So you need a reality check.
A good rule of thumb is to pick up the ball after 5 swings and move on. All tee boxes have to do is to accept a tee anything else is window dressing. People are having a really good time out there and on the pitch and putts. If your not, switch to the Championship Courses and play from the 150 yard markers. You may just enjoy the added fee.
Closed Thread

Tags
executive, courses, job, put, poor

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.