Girl Talk

Closed Thread
Old 02-12-2008, 02:55 AM
Sage
Default Re: Girl Talk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avista
Any of you gals every had a hysterectomy? I'm having one next week--right here in The Villages Hospital.
Do you need someone to look after your dog? I'll volunteer.
Old 02-12-2008, 03:00 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by chelsea24
New topic! Sneeze, Cough, Laugh, Pee? Or is it just me? :dontknow:
Discuss, discuss . . .
I tried jumping on a neighbour's trampoline. Definitely a no-no if you have the above problem!! ;D
Old 02-12-2008, 03:13 AM
Veteran member

I can only speak for myself but I have always resented the pharmaceutical companies' attitude that normal ageing is something like having a disease and we need a magic PILL to keep us normal and young. NO, I didn't buy into it. I survived menopause without HRT. Although I do have osteopenia, I am taking my calcium, eating the right foods, trying to exercise as much as I can, and so far I can proudly say..... I'm 69 years old and take NO prescribed medication for any reason. I even lowered my cholesterol from 267 to 177 by changing what I eat. It's a lifestyle comittment without drugs ;D ;D ;D
Old 02-12-2008, 03:28 AM
Sage

Went through Men-o-paws! Had terrible hot flashes, but I didn't want to take the estrogen. Then someone told me about a natural herb (I think it's a herb) called Black Cohaush (The spelling might not be correct) Poof! The hot flashes were gone and never came back. I then told my doc about it because she had tried to put me on estrogen 3 different times and doses, but it made me feel sick. So when I told her about Black Cohaush, she said "yup, it's great. We're just not suppose to recommend natural Health Food Store stuff! Can you believe it! She not only knew about it all the time, she said it was great! I was more than a little po'd! Well I'm long past it -- ahh those were the good old days, NOT!
The Villages Florida
Old 02-12-2008, 03:45 AM
Sage

When I was 20, I started attending College in California. Most of my fellow students had known each other in high school and were younger than me. I felt like an outsider, being from Canada, and not having any friends.

I was taking a Political Science class and pretty much trying to be invisible and cool at the same time. Our desks were attached to our chairs. I dropped my pen and leaned over to pick it up. The next thing I knew I was lying on the floor with my desk on top of me. Talk about humiliation. :redface: I can still remember it vividly, but now I can see the humour! ;D

Anyone else have an embarassing moment they care to share? Should be good for a laugh.

Old 02-12-2008, 03:51 AM
Eternal Member
Send a message via AIM to Donna Send a message via Yahoo to Donna

Barefoot,
You are making me die... 1rnfl

I have a good one..I was at a wedding and my X boyfriend was there with another girl.. ::

I too was about 20..I got in line to catch the bouquet and jumped up, well needless to say I ended up on the floor with the bouquet on top of me.. 040 1rnfl

"Some People Live An Entire Lifetime and Wonder If They Have Ever Made a Difference In The World,
The Marines Don't Have That Problem" "Semper Fi"

"Coincidence is God's way of remaining anonymous" Albert Einstein
Old 02-12-2008, 03:57 AM
Gold member

When I was about 19 years old, this fellow who I had a crush on asked me out

We went bowling, I wanted to impress him with my skills, I put my arm back and instead of taking the bowling ball with my arm, I somehow dropped it and it went flying backwards.

Now I can laugh at it, but then I wished the floor would open up so I could fall into it. I was so embarrassed.

HB
Old 02-12-2008, 11:54 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Do you need someone to look after your dog? I'll volunteer.
Thanks Barefoot, Appreciate the offer. My husband will look after them. They are sooo spoiled and I"m sure I'll have to keep a pillow on my tummy as they jump up on me as soon as I sit down. I know they won't leave my side after I get home.
Tampa, FL
Old 02-12-2008, 02:29 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avista
Thanks Barefoot, Appreciate the offer. My husband will look after them. They are sooo spoiled and I"m sure I'll have to keep a pillow on my tummy as they jump up on me as soon as I sit down. I know they won't leave my side after I get home.
If your husband is at the hospital for long periods of time and you need someone to walk the dogs, please let me know. (Especially on the day of surgery). When I was in hospital for a long time the best thing my friends did for us was walk my dogs.

I bet your furry friends will be a real source of joy for you as you heal. Good luck and may the Divine Goddess watch over you.
Old 02-12-2008, 03:45 PM
Sage

OMG, when I was about 14 I was madly in love with a 13 year old boy in the neighborhood. He walked me home from school one day and I decided this was the day I was gonna plant one on him. When he turned to say goodbye I lunged at him to kiss him and I missed his face and kissed the mailbox behind him.

I still turn red every time I thinkd of it!!! :redface:

There is no difficulty on earth that enough love will not conquer.
Old 02-12-2008, 05:15 PM
Sage

Mortifying moment. It was my 8th grade graduation party and I had a mad crush on a sophomore in high school so I invited him. All the "cool" kids were there in my yard and Bobby (sigh) shows up. Well, not knowing, my father had heard he was in trouble with the police and being the protective father he was . . . we all watched as my Dad (Fast Eddie) chased Bobby down the alley with a baseball bat! :redface: :redface:

That's my Pop!
Old 02-12-2008, 05:43 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

Since my dad died when I was kid and my brother was 7 years older, he decided to be my "protector." One night I was in the car with my boy friend and the windows were all steamed up. All of a sudden, the passenger door was forcefully thrown open and I literally fell to the ground because I was leaning on it. (We had only been talking about our future together and had come to the conclusion there was no future for us.) To say I was embarassed was putting it mildly. To make matters worse, my by then ex-boy friend told everyone at school about my brother (who was 6'5" and very well muscled). I think it was 6 months before I got another date.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 02-12-2008, 06:46 PM

Avista, I had a hysterectomy 20 yrs ago - and for me, too, it was the best thing! It takes a while to get your strength back - but just relax and let the world go by for a short time. The problem I had, was that I felt too good right away; and had to be told (by my fairly-doting husband) to let him take care of things, and relax.

Actually one of my most embarrasing moments, was when I was in the hosp after having my hysterectomy. My doctor (who was handsome, and sweet) came in and wanted to check me. I had had a vaginal hysterectomy..............so I laid back and threw my legs wide open. Only to have him say "just turn on your side, please." God, I was looking for Scotty to beam me up!
Old 02-12-2008, 07:41 PM
Eternal Member
Send a message via AIM to Donna Send a message via Yahoo to Donna

PM..Red..Chel...Noni

You guys are makin me bust... 1rnfl The Villages Florida 1rnfl The Villages Florida 1rnfl The Villages Florida 1rnfl The Villages Florida 1rnfl

"Some People Live An Entire Lifetime and Wonder If They Have Ever Made a Difference In The World,
The Marines Don't Have That Problem" "Semper Fi"

"Coincidence is God's way of remaining anonymous" Albert Einstein
Old 02-12-2008, 08:08 PM

I just realized...............you friends are calling me PM................if there was two of me, we'd be............ PMS :-* :-* :-* :-*

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.