Girl Talk

Closed Thread
Old 11-02-2017, 11:32 AM
Default Permanent eye makeup?

I'm looking for recommendations for someone to do permanent eye liner and eyebrows. Thanks!
Old 11-02-2017, 04:35 PM
Platinum member

I have a consultation with Cindy of Permanent Makeup by Cindy tomorrow. I am also scheduled for eyeliner in March and the followup in April. She comes with many recommendations and is booked waaaaay out. permanentmakeupbycindy.com 330-307-4487 She is now in The Villages, though her phone # is not.
Old 11-03-2017, 06:45 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by starflyte1 View Post
I have a consultation with Cindy of Permanent Makeup by Cindy tomorrow. I am also scheduled for eyeliner in March and the followup in April. She comes with many recommendations and is booked waaaaay out. permanentmakeupbycindy.com 330-307-4487 She is now in The Villages, though her phone # is not.
I'd love to get permanent eyeliner. Please let us know how you like it.
I'd also like to get permanent eyebrows. I hesitate because the ones I've seen don't look natural.
I've never seen Cindy's work, but I hear she is very good.
Old 11-03-2017, 07:32 PM
Platinum member

I met Cindy this afternoon and feel very comfortable with her doing my liner. She is a tiny person and soft spoken. I believe she has been doing this for 30? years, though she doesn't look old enough. She said she is a perfectionist and put removable eyeliner on me to kind of give me idea how it will look. I am very comfortable with my decision. Now to wait for March!
Old 11-03-2017, 08:25 PM
Sage

Quote:
I met Cindy this afternoon and feel very comfortable with her doing my liner. She is a tiny person and soft spoken. I believe she has been doing this for 30? years, though she doesn't look old enough. She said she is a perfectionist and put removable eyeliner on me to kind of give me idea how it will look. I am very comfortable with my decision. Now to wait for March!
I think I'll give Cindy a call, you're inspiring me!
Old 11-03-2017, 09:52 PM
Platinum member

If you would make an appointment for a consultation I think you would feel better about it. I have over 4 months to wait. I did not see it, but she may have a book with pictures of her work.
Old 12-31-2017, 11:35 AM
Sage

Quote:
Please let us know in March how you like your permanent makeup.
I requested an appointment today with Cindy.
I'm hoping she will have a cancellation and be able to see me for a consultation early in 2018.

I'm also looking for recommendations for botox injections.
... Making New Year's resolutions.

HAPPY 2018 TO ALL MY GIRL-TALK SISTERS!
Old 12-31-2017, 01:06 PM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,204 Times in 740 Posts

Blepharoplasty, anyone?

Any thoughts or advice on getting rid of droopy eyelids?

Anyway, I have wanted to have the eyelid thing done for years. But I am a chicken-of-the-knife so I keep talking myself out of it. Also, I do not want to end up with a look of perpetual surprise.

Last edited by Boomer; 01-01-2018 at 10:29 PM. Reason: really needed editing
Old 01-01-2018, 09:40 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
Blepharoplasty, anyone?
Any thoughts or advice on getting rid of droopy eyelids?
Anyway, I have wanted to have the eyelid thing done for years. But I am a chicken-of-the-knife so I keep talking myself out of it. Also, I do not want to end up with a look of perpetual surprise.
You might be surprised if you ask your friends for recommendations - probably a lot of them have had "work done".
If you go to an experienced and seasoned plastic surgeon (and expensive),
I wouldn't worry about ending up with a look of perpetual surprise.
Not that I've had work done, but I've heard that a blepharoplasty is a walk in the park.
I had a friend that had it done in Florida. It was recommended by her doctor and covered by her medical plan.

Go for it girl, 2018 is your year to shine!
Old 01-18-2018, 01:39 PM
Location: Massapequa, NY - Plano, TX - Laguna Niguel, CA - The Villages!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy Alexander View Post
I'm interested! Just moved here. I'm 63 and single.
Nancy Alexander
Hi Nancy Alexander!

I am 65 and single and will be moving to TV in July or August. Building a new home in Fenney.... nice to meet you!
Peggy
Old 01-19-2018, 08:53 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by catotv View Post
I am 65 and single and will be moving to TV in July or August. Building a new home in Fenney.... nice to meet you!
Peggy
Fenney is supposed to be very nice - I haven't visited there yet.
to TOTV Peggy!
Old 01-20-2018, 08:42 PM
Soaring Parsley

Season 4 of Grace and Frankie is streaming on Netflix as of yesterday. The binge has begun.

(On the Traditional Home website now, there is an article about the interior design of the houses on the show — that gorgeous beach house where Grace and Frankie live and the ex-husbands’ house, too.)

Also, The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel is an Amazon series some of you might like. It is set in NYC in the 1950s. I liked the storyline, but just Mrs. Maisel’s beautiful clothes can make it worth the watch.

Last edited by Boomer; 01-20-2018 at 08:58 PM.
Old 01-20-2018, 08:50 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Season 4 of Grace and Frankie is streaming on Netflix as of yesterday. The binge has begun.

(On the Traditional Home website now, there is an article about the interior design of one of the sets — that gorgeous beach house where Grace and Frankie live.)

Also, The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel is an Amazon series some of you might like. It is set in NYC in the 1950s. I liked the storyline, but just Mrs. Maisel’s beautiful clothes can make it worth the watch.
Great news! I thought G&F wasn't coming back until spring.

Will look at Mrs. Maisel too.
Old 01-22-2018, 06:48 PM
Sage

Quote:

(On the Traditional Home website now, there is an article about the interior design of the houses on the show — that gorgeous beach house where Grace and Frankie live and the ex-husbands’ house, too.)

I love Grace and Frankie.
Thanks Boomer, I'm planning to watch it right now!
Old 01-25-2018, 08:56 PM
Soaring Parsley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
I love Grace and Frankie.
Thanks Boomer, I'm planning to watch it right now!

I got a big kick out of the scene where Grace is trying to discourage the affections of the younger man. (“Younger” is a relative thing though because he looks like he is probably in his 60s.) Anyway, I loved it when she wipes off her makeup, pulls off the false eyelashes, and pulls the extensions from her hair, and says something like, ”Here I am.” — But he is still around.

(Interesting that the writers wrote his character as very rich so we know he is not after her money. He could get his own beach house.)

I am not finished binge watching yet. I guess this is kind of a binge-ette for me —unlike “Shameless” which I raced through — shameful though I felt.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.