Girl Talk

Closed Thread
Old 10-24-2008, 06:14 PM
Eternal Member
Send a message via AIM to Donna Send a message via Yahoo to Donna
Smile

Barefoot..I might be able to explain..

Gel nails are better for your natural nail, but will not take the abuse the acrylic nails will..A full set is also more expensive..

I have had both, and the gel nails lift easily..I might be an exception to the rule but at the salon, my hands are always in water..The acrylics last very long, if the nail tech does them right...

"Some People Live An Entire Lifetime and Wonder If They Have Ever Made a Difference In The World,
The Marines Don't Have That Problem" "Semper Fi"

"Coincidence is God's way of remaining anonymous" Albert Einstein
Old 10-24-2008, 06:20 PM
Sage

Donna, thanks for the explanation. I'm hard on my nails so I guess I better get acrylic.

Did you have your acrylic nails done at Hollywood Nails? I want to have my nails "done right" as you mentioned. Do you think Hollywood Nails is an OK place to have them done? How long should it take?
Old 10-24-2008, 06:22 PM
Sage
Default Nails

Yes, I get the acrylic nails. Full set of french tips. It takes about 40 min. But I'm there longer because I get the pedicure too. Great fun!
Old 10-24-2008, 06:57 PM
Sage

I guess you knew this was comming. but if your not happy with anyone in or near TV, my daughter has had her own nail business since 1986. She does a fabulous job and people just love her work. (brag, brag, brag) Of course this would mean a trip to Mount Dora every so often, So I know how much of a disadvantage that is, right? why would anyone in their right mind want to go to Mt. Dora every 6 weeks, what a royal pain that would be.

There is no difficulty on earth that enough love will not conquer.
Old 10-24-2008, 08:10 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by nONIE View Post
I guess you knew this was comming. but if your not happy with anyone in or near TV, my daughter has had her own nail business since 1986. She does a fabulous job and people just love her work. (brag, brag, brag) Of course this would mean a trip to Mount Dora every so often, So I know how much of a disadvantage that is, right? why would anyone in their right mind want to go to Mt. Dora every 6 weeks, what a royal pain that would be.
Maybe we can persuade Robin to come to TV every six weeks and set up shop on your lanai! I actually didn't realize Robin had a Nail Business. It would be well worth a trip to Mt. Dora, I love that little town!
Old 10-24-2008, 08:12 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by chelsea24 View Post
Yes, I get the acrylic nails. Full set of french tips. It takes about 40 min. But I'm there longer because I get the pedicure too. Great fun!
Chels, do you ask for a particular person at Hollywood Nails? Or do you just take whoever they assign to you?
Old 10-24-2008, 08:22 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Send a message via Yahoo to renielarson

Bare

The Wildwood Salon takes about an hour or so. I am very hard on my nails..don't wear gloves, clean and scrub and do weed and yard work without gloves. I need nails that can live up to the wear and tear they have to endure on my hands.

I can't speak for Hollywood Nails but I can tell you that the nails I get in Wildwood stand up to the neglect I give them. Not ever once, or ever, have they chipped or broken. That impresses me!

I'm very anal and picky about my nails. I always inspect them for uniformity, smoothness, evenness, and contour. I couldn't be happier than with the nails I get in Wildwood.

What more can I say?
Old 10-24-2008, 09:02 PM
Eternal Member
Send a message via AIM to Donna Send a message via Yahoo to Donna
Smile

Bright,
I am exactly like you with my nails..I am the Mr.Monk of acrylics...lol
My nails are my own, I have acrylic overlays..I am so rough on them, and thy never crack, lift, chip, etc...
You have to give me the name of your salon..
Thanks

"Some People Live An Entire Lifetime and Wonder If They Have Ever Made a Difference In The World,
The Marines Don't Have That Problem" "Semper Fi"

"Coincidence is God's way of remaining anonymous" Albert Einstein
Old 10-24-2008, 10:37 PM
Platinum member
Default manicure?

Girls!! I must admit to always doing my own nails! They look great for 2-3 months , then break. I have never been to a salon. My daughter gave me a massage gift certificate to Villages Salon that sits and waits for me to get the courage to go. I think a massage sounds perfect right now!!I think I'll call and make an appt! You girls do have very pretty nails, but it takes going back every 2-3 weeks?? I think I'll keep doing my own!
Old 10-24-2008, 10:46 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rokinronda View Post
Girls!! I must admit to always doing my own nails! They look great for 2-3 months , then break. I have never been to a salon. My daughter gave me a massage gift certificate to Villages Salon that sits and waits for me to get the courage to go. I think a massage sounds perfect right now!!I think I'll call and make an appt! You girls do have very pretty nails, but it takes going back every 2-3 weeks?? I think I'll keep doing my own!

I agree, RR! I love to see all of those beautiful nails but I guess my nails are tools, not jewels. I've had one manicure in my life and it seemed to take forever so I polish mine once in a blue moon when they all happen to grow out without breaking and I have a special event. But as a side note, I do keep them clean and trimmed...

Last edited by Peachie; 10-25-2008 at 08:46 AM.
Old 10-24-2008, 11:39 PM
Sage
Arrow Timmy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
Chels, do you ask for a particular person at Hollywood Nails? Or do you just take whoever they assign to you?
Yes I was having Tracy, but since I love Timmy's pedicures too, now I have him do both.
Old 10-25-2008, 08:20 AM
Sage

Peachie,

working at the dog kennel every day does not require beautiful nails. You wouldnt believe what gets under them, so no sense spending $ on them.
just short, clean & trimmed is about the best I can do.

Someday Im gonna give those acrylics a try, they look so beautiful on everyone else.

Great for scratching backs too!

There is no difficulty on earth that enough love will not conquer.

Last edited by nONIE; 10-25-2008 at 08:32 AM.
Old 10-25-2008, 09:07 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by nONIE View Post
Someday Im gonna give those acrylics a try, they look so beautiful on everyone else. Great for scratching backs too!
Hmmm, Nonie, who's back were you thinking of scratching?
Old 11-03-2008, 08:32 AM
Sage
Default Hair

Time for a hair colour and cut. Anyone got any good, recent suggestions?

By the way, I did get gel nails (artificial nails for the first time ever). I love my french tips!

and don't know why I didn't do it years ago.
Old 11-03-2008, 08:37 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,504 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

I am always doing some project that marks up the polish. The only polish that stays intact is on my toes. I don't know how many times I have had a manicure and the next day it looked like I had my nails sanded.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.