Amazon delivered to wrong address Amazon delivered to wrong address - Page 3 - Talk of The Villages Florida

Amazon delivered to wrong address

Reply
Thread Tools
  #31  
Old Today, 05:59 AM
terryf484 terryf484 is offline
Bronze Member
Join Date: Dec 2021
Location: St Catherine Village
Posts: 88
Thanks: 79
Thanked 80 Times in 37 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
One thing that has not been mentioned is that, when you get a delivery from Amazon, you also get a photo of the front porch with the package on it. When this happens, you can drive around and look for the porch where the package was delivered.
Just happened to us, opened door and low and behold a $300 office chair from Staples. Good luck in getting Staples to respond!! We live near Sawgrass Grove and I looked up address, it was a valid address down near Honeysuckle Golf Course near Eastport. Wife and I took a nice early evening drive and delivered to right owners.
  #32  
Old Today, 06:35 AM
retiredguy123 retiredguy123 is offline
Diamond Member
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 20,093
Thanks: 3,625
Thanked 18,638 Times in 7,564 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
What a novel idea ……to be reported as a suspicious person.
Just drive around looking at front doors.
Who said anything about reporting a suspicious person? When this has happened to me, I rang the doorbell, and if no one answered, I took the package with my name on it. In the few times it has happened, the neighbor was a snowbird and the house was empty. So, put me in jail.
  #33  
Old Today, 07:32 AM
Bogie Shooter Bogie Shooter is offline
Diamond Member
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 20,096
Thanks: 16
Thanked 6,406 Times in 2,864 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
One thing that has not been mentioned is that, when you get a delivery from Amazon, you also get a photo of the front porch with the package on it. When this happens, you can drive around and look for the porch where the package was delivered.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
What a novel idea ……to be reported as a suspicious person.
Just drive around looking at front doors.
Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
Who said anyt hing about reporting a suspicious person? When this has happened to me, I rang the doorbell, and if no one answered, I took the package with my name on it. In the few times it has happened, the neighbor was a snowbird and the house was empty. So, put me in jail.
I did.
Someone driving around villages looking for a porch just like theirs obviously could draw some attention. I know it would in our neighborhood.
Sorry for stepping on your toes………
__________________
The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it. George Orwell.
“Only truth and transparency can guarantee freedom”, John McCain
  #34  
Old Today, 07:40 AM
retiredguy123 retiredguy123 is offline
Diamond Member
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 20,093
Thanks: 3,625
Thanked 18,638 Times in 7,564 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
[/U]





I did.
Someone driving around villages looking for a porch just like theirs obviously could draw some attention. I know it would in our neighborhood.
Sorry for stepping on your toes………
So, driving around your own neighborhood would be suspicious? Not in my neighborhood.

But having a package left on a snowbird's porch for weeks may be suspicious.
  #35  
Old Today, 08:08 AM
Topspinmo's Avatar
Topspinmo Topspinmo is offline
Diamond Member
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Somewhere over the rainbow
Posts: 18,032
Thanks: 9,200
Thanked 7,526 Times in 4,003 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
One thing that has not been mentioned is that, when you get a delivery from Amazon, you also get a photo of the front porch with the package on it. When this happens, you can drive around and look for the porch where the package was delivered.
I would never go on someone’s property and grab package..

Porch Pirates Get INSTANT Karma as Packages EXPLODE in Their Faces - YouTube
  #36  
Old Today, 08:13 AM
Marathon Man Marathon Man is offline
Platinum member
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 3,015
Thanks: 4
Thanked 3,265 Times in 1,184 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
I would never go on someone’s property and grab package..

Porch Pirates Get INSTANT Karma as Packages EXPLODE in Their Faces - YouTube
Um, you know these are fake. Right?
  #37  
Old Today, 08:21 AM
Topspinmo's Avatar
Topspinmo Topspinmo is offline
Diamond Member
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Somewhere over the rainbow
Posts: 18,032
Thanks: 9,200
Thanked 7,526 Times in 4,003 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marathon Man View Post
Um, you know these are fake. Right?
So they have police in fake videos in some right. Only idiot would let bomb blow up in the faces and breath in gases or wait till goes off in their vehicle. But, I get you point LOTS idiots out there. Fake or not funny as hail…..
  #38  
Old Today, 08:31 AM
retiredguy123 retiredguy123 is offline
Diamond Member
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 20,093
Thanks: 3,625
Thanked 18,638 Times in 7,564 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
I would never go on someone’s property and grab package..

Porch Pirates Get INSTANT Karma as Packages EXPLODE in Their Faces - YouTube
LOL. Here are the facts:

1. The Amazon website tells me that I will be receiving a package today between 4 and 6 pm.
2. Later, I receive an email from Amazon including a photo of my package on a neighbor's porch, and it says the package was delivered.
3, I know that the neighbor is a snowbird and the house will be empty for at least several months.
4. I go to the neighbor's house and ring the doorbell, but there is no answer.
5. My package is on the porch with my name and address clearly displayed on the package.
6. I take the package. Problem solved.

Apparently, some people would suggest that I leave the package on the porch and request a refund from Amazon. I don't agree with that approach. Do you?
  #39  
Old Today, 08:43 AM
Topspinmo's Avatar
Topspinmo Topspinmo is offline
Diamond Member
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Somewhere over the rainbow
Posts: 18,032
Thanks: 9,200
Thanked 7,526 Times in 4,003 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
LOL. Here are the facts:

1. The Amazon website tells me that I will be receiving a package today between 4 and 6 pm.
2. Later, I receive an email from Amazon including a photo of my package on a neighbor's porch, and it says the package was delivered.
3, I know that the neighbor is a snowbird and the house will be empty for at least several months.
4. I go to the neighbor's house and ring the doorbell, but there is no answer.
5. My package is on the porch with my name and address clearly displayed on the package.
6. I take the package. Problem solved.

Apparently, some people would suggest that I leave the package on the porch and request a refund from Amazon. I don't agree with that approach. Do you?
Yes, I will not go on any property and take package. Bezos the bozo can afford to replace package beings I got prime. I shouldn’t have to track down package when I’m paying premium for delivery…..
  #40  
Old Today, 09:13 AM
retiredguy123 retiredguy123 is offline
Diamond Member
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 20,093
Thanks: 3,625
Thanked 18,638 Times in 7,564 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
Yes, I will not go on any property and take package. Bezos the bozo can afford to replace package beings I got prime. I shouldn’t have to track down package when I’m paying premium for delivery…..
I would just point out that going to a neighbor's door and ringing the doorbell is not illegal or wrong. In most cases, it is a friendly thing to do, and welcomed by most neighbors.
  #41  
Old Today, 09:13 AM
Taltarzac725's Avatar
Taltarzac725 Taltarzac725 is offline
Diamond Member
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 55,524
Thanks: 14,573
Thanked 5,048 Times in 3,094 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
LOL. Here are the facts:

1. The Amazon website tells me that I will be receiving a package today between 4 and 6 pm.
2. Later, I receive an email from Amazon including a photo of my package on a neighbor's porch, and it says the package was delivered.
3, I know that the neighbor is a snowbird and the house will be empty for at least several months.
4. I go to the neighbor's house and ring the doorbell, but there is no answer.
5. My package is on the porch with my name and address clearly displayed on the package.
6. I take the package. Problem solved.

Apparently, some people would suggest that I leave the package on the porch and request a refund from Amazon. I don't agree with that approach. Do you?
One could knock on the door of one of the neighbors of the wayward Amazon package location and tell them about what's going on.
Reply

Tags
address, happy, wrong


You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:38 PM.