Executive Courses by Car Executive Courses by Car - Talk of The Villages Florida

Executive Courses by Car

Closed Thread
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 03-02-2026, 05:54 AM
ltcdfancher ltcdfancher is offline
Silver Member
Join Date: Nov 2024
Location: Well Point
Posts: 181
Thanks: 152
Thanked 145 Times in 67 Posts
Lightbulb Executive Courses by Car

I used The Villages app to direct us to Mira Mesa yesterday. Living south of the Turnpike, we drove the car. Mira Mesa…like many other executive courses…does NOT provide automobile parking.

Would the team consider a change to the routing algorithm that ends the route at a suitable car park? Chula Vista Rec would be appropriate, of course. In this instance, the routing might need to show the short walk along the golf cart path between the parking lot and the starter shack.

Thank you for reading.
  #2  
Old 03-02-2026, 09:08 AM
Bay Kid's Avatar
Bay Kid Bay Kid is offline
Platinum member
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Posts: 7,066
Thanks: 1,780
Thanked 4,017 Times in 1,912 Posts
Default

Most of our excutive courses are not car friendly.
  #3  
Old 03-02-2026, 02:28 PM
jimhoward's Avatar
jimhoward jimhoward is offline
Gold Member
Join Date: Oct 2024
Posts: 912
Thanks: 42
Thanked 842 Times in 391 Posts
Default

Thank you for the heads up.

When playing executive courses, I always drive to the course, walk, and carry my bag. I live in the south and thus far have only played the nine executive courses lying south of RT 44 (Red Fox, Grey Fox, Loblolly, Longleaf, Lowlands, Laurel Oak, Belaire, Beautyberry, and Honeysuckle). All of those have convenient automobile parking lots.

Which one's don't? I gather from the post that Mira Mesa is one. Are there others?
  #4  
Old 03-02-2026, 04:28 PM
logdog's Avatar
logdog logdog is offline
Gold Member
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: The Village of Hacienda East
Posts: 959
Thanks: 0
Thanked 73 Times in 24 Posts
Default

Sandhill
__________________
Netherlands, California, Quebec, California, Texas, Turkey, Minnesota, Panama Canal, California, Illinois, Turkey, Maryland, Germany, Florida, New Mexico, The Village of Amelia and now The Village of Hacienda East.
  #5  
Old 03-03-2026, 05:02 AM
IPrescribeWine IPrescribeWine is offline
Newbie
Join Date: Aug 2025
Posts: 7
Thanks: 0
Thanked 8 Times in 6 Posts
Default

I live in the south and have played all of the executive courses. For the ones up north, I drive and walk. Yes, there are several that include a bit of a walk to get to the starter shack, but compared to the 2 miles of walking the course, I didn’t think it was that far. I use the WAZE app and never had a problem with being directed to the right place. As someone else said, Sandhill is tricky as you have to park at a random mail station and there’s a short walk to the starter. Briarwood is another one that took a little bit of a hunt to find the starter shack after parking in the Nancy Lopez parking lot.
  #6  
Old 03-03-2026, 05:39 AM
ltcdfancher ltcdfancher is offline
Silver Member
Join Date: Nov 2024
Location: Well Point
Posts: 181
Thanks: 152
Thanked 145 Times in 67 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimhoward View Post
Thank you for the heads up.

When playing executive courses, I always drive to the course, walk, and carry my bag. I live in the south and thus far have only played the nine executive courses lying south of RT 44 (Red Fox, Grey Fox, Loblolly, Longleaf, Lowlands, Laurel Oak, Belaire, Beautyberry, and Honeysuckle). All of those have convenient automobile parking lots.

Which one's don't? I gather from the post that Mira Mesa is one. Are there others?
Hawkes Bay. El Diablo and El Santiago are behind El Santiago Recreation Center. The Villages App cannot resolve a route to Truman or Roosevelt if the mode is Car.

Last edited by ltcdfancher; 03-03-2026 at 05:47 AM. Reason: Added more detail
  #7  
Old 03-03-2026, 06:59 AM
biker1 biker1 is online now
Platinum member
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 4,227
Thanks: 2
Thanked 1,510 Times in 891 Posts
Default

For Sandhill, can you park at Turtle Mound and walk over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IPrescribeWine View Post
I live in the south and have played all of the executive courses. For the ones up north, I drive and walk. Yes, there are several that include a bit of a walk to get to the starter shack, but compared to the 2 miles of walking the course, I didn’t think it was that far. I use the WAZE app and never had a problem with being directed to the right place. As someone else said, Sandhill is tricky as you have to park at a random mail station and there’s a short walk to the starter. Briarwood is another one that took a little bit of a hunt to find the starter shack after parking in the Nancy Lopez parking lot.
  #8  
Old 03-03-2026, 09:30 AM
DonH57's Avatar
DonH57 DonH57 is offline
Platinum member
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Village Santo Domingo.
Posts: 4,136
Thanks: 1
Thanked 724 Times in 381 Posts
Send a message via AIM to DonH57
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IPrescribeWine View Post
I live in the south and have played all of the executive courses. For the ones up north, I drive and walk. Yes, there are several that include a bit of a walk to get to the starter shack, but compared to the 2 miles of walking the course, I didn’t think it was that far. I use the WAZE app and never had a problem with being directed to the right place. As someone else said, Sandhill is tricky as you have to park at a random mail station and there’s a short walk to the starter. Briarwood is another one that took a little bit of a hunt to find the starter shack after parking in the Nancy Lopez parking lot.
Turtle mound has a small parking lot but it may be a little bit of a hike if you're carrying a bag thru the tunnel to Sandhill. Not so bad if you have a push cart.
  #9  
Old 03-03-2026, 11:59 AM
fdpaq0580 fdpaq0580 is offline
Platinum member
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 7,855
Thanks: 368
Thanked 6,372 Times in 2,940 Posts
Default

Just another example of encouraging people to choose to make golf carts as a preferred mode of transport in TV. Narrow streets, lack of adequate sidewalks, adequate onstreet parking, and the general "Disney" small world/compact feel of neighborhoods translates to more units per area of land. Often it is quicker and easier and more convenient to travel by cart. Cars are still the safer option in most cases.
Be careful. Be aware. Enjoy!
Closed Thread

Tags
car, executive, parking, mira, routing


You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:27 PM.