Golf Cart Policy on TV Courses Starting June 1

Closed Thread
Old 05-22-2021, 08:44 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,743 Times in 704 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neils View Post
Why not simply restrict all carts to the cart paths and stop the wear/tear damage to courses , no matter how many carts
The course conditions sucked long before foursomes each taking a cart
Old 05-22-2021, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
For the ten thousandth time, NO YOU CAN'T

(For the nitpickers out there, yes, 0.008% is not zero)
Actually you can get COVID once fully vaccinated or be a carrier BUT this has nothing to do with original thread - question
Old 05-22-2021, 10:25 AM

A round of golf has gone much faster with everyone having their own cart!
If they are worried about the fairways with too many carts they might want to think about banning those small air conditioned, luxury, size of a small sports car, vehicles they call Cool Karts. They have to be much heavier than a regular golf cart and you would think they would be worse for the courses than an extra golf cart on the fairway.
Might as well allow everyone to take their Miatas or Mini Coopers on the courses with a golf cart rack on the back.
Old 05-22-2021, 10:31 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,088 Times in 4,211 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankygrl View Post
Actually you can get COVID once fully vaccinated or be a carrier BUT this has nothing to do with original thread - question
And your comment has nothing to do with reality. And YOUR credentials are?????? Yep, I thought so.
Old 05-22-2021, 10:31 AM
Send a message via AIM to Nordhagen

Why do you care? If you’re vaccinated you’re safe😎
Old 05-22-2021, 10:41 AM

Everyone should be asked for there polo, chickenpox , measles vaccinations they are only 97% effective ! We should restrict all modes of travel from state to state unless you have a passport just like China that would fix it all
I also believe in Sharia Law
Your a racist if you don’t think this way correct??😷😵*💫🤡
Old 05-22-2021, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dantes View Post
Everyone should be asked for there polo, chickenpox , measles vaccinations they are only 97% effective ! We should restrict all modes of travel from state to state unless you have a passport just like China that would fix it all
I also believe in Sharia Law
Your a racist if you don’t think this way correct??😷😵*💫🤡
WAYYYYYY off topic
Old 05-22-2021, 03:46 PM

I have enjoyed being in my own cart. Still, we all knew this was going to end and we'd be back to normal. Courses all over the country have gone back to two carts per foursome, we're not any more special. The choice still remains the same, play or not play. I'll be playing.

YMMV
Old 05-22-2021, 04:32 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,273 Times in 2,833 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by VIN574 View Post
I have enjoyed being in my own cart. Still, we all knew this was going to end and we'd be back to normal. Courses all over the country have gone back to two carts per foursome, we're not any more special. The choice still remains the same, play or not play. I'll be playing.

YMMV
The courses up north have generally gone back to only giving a foursome two golf cart keys, but will be more than happy to give you four keys if you pay for two extra carts. Since we bring our own carts to the courses in the Villages, they have no financial incentive to allow four carts. Like everything, it boils down to the $$.
Old 05-22-2021, 04:44 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to DonH57

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouNeverKnow View Post
A round of golf has gone much faster with everyone having their own cart!
If they are worried about the fairways with too many carts they might want to think about banning those small air conditioned, luxury, size of a small sports car, vehicles they call Cool Karts. They have to be much heavier than a regular golf cart and you would think they would be worse for the courses than an extra golf cart on the fairway.
Might as well allow everyone to take their Miatas or Mini Coopers on the courses with a golf cart rack on the back.
On average when using 3 or 4 carts our rounds have played 7 to 12 minutes quicker. Fifteen when not being held back by groups in front.
Old 05-23-2021, 10:26 AM

who is going to tell me about having 2 to a cart? the pro shop, when I pay? or else I pay, and the starter says I have to ride with someone? maybe the ambassador?
what are my options? a refund, a credit, or nothing?
this is going to be fun.
Old 05-23-2021, 11:09 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,088 Times in 4,211 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike234 View Post
who is going to tell me about having 2 to a cart? the pro shop, when I pay? or else I pay, and the starter says I have to ride with someone? maybe the ambassador?
this is going to be fun.
Are you implying that you wouldn't play at all if the starter told you you had to double up in a cart????? If so, save yourself some time-----they ARE going to tell you that. The other option is to refuse to double up, but then, as the third cart, you will have to stay on the cart paths for the whole round.
Old 05-23-2021, 12:17 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,319 Times in 462 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike234 View Post
this is going to be fun.
Sounds to me like you already know the policy and would not have to ask anyone or be told by anyone. So it's really your problem
Old 05-23-2021, 07:41 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,273 Times in 2,833 Posts

One thing about this policy change that is certain, pace of play is going to slow down substantially. Those who opt to ride alone, and are forced to play golf path only golf, will easily take an extra 20 minutes per round at a minimum, and probably much longer in many cases. Couple that with no longer enjoying the faster play when everyone has their own cart and a typical Championship round could easily be 45 minutes longer. And as we all know too well, it doesn't matter how fast your group plays, you can only play as fast as the slowest group in front of you.
Old 05-23-2021, 08:59 PM
Default Carts

I think the pace of play will speed up.We live on the golf course and you can’t believe the circling and riding around looking for golf balls.Doubling up we at least have a 1 in 2 chance one of the players saw were the ball went.
Closed Thread

Tags
golf, cars, june, request, limiting

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.