I don't think so

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors




















» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 01-14-2020, 09:23 AM
mmitchell mmitchell is offline
Junior Member
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 5
Thanks: 0
Thanked 6 Times in 1 Post
Thumbs down I don't think so

Last evening my neighbor and I went to Briarwood for a quick nine before dinner. We were paired with a nice young couple from Colorado down here visiting grampa. As we were walking off the eighth green one of those fellows in a light green golf shirt drove up and told the nice young couple that there was a time limit on the golf cart rental and they had to leave the course. I have seen some strange and impolite behavior before from the ambassadors but that was outrageous. My feeling is, somebody wanted to go home and that was the last cart on the course.
  #2  
Old 01-14-2020, 09:36 AM
Two Bills Two Bills is offline
Sage
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 2,725
Thanks: 649
Thanked 3,213 Times in 1,050 Posts
Default

I would not have left the course, until I had finished the round I had paid for.
  #3  
Old 01-14-2020, 10:17 AM
OrangeBlossomBaby OrangeBlossomBaby is offline
Sage
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 4,662
Thanks: 3,482
Thanked 4,684 Times in 1,442 Posts
Default

Unless that nice young couple had this golf cart for a few rounds on the course already. Since they aren't Villagers, and Grandpa (the actual villager) wasn't there, maybe guest privileges don't allow for someone to use a course-cart for longer than a single round per day?

I don't know the rules and etiquette revolving around the use of carts for the executive courses but that explanation would at least make sense.
  #4  
Old 01-14-2020, 10:30 AM
anothersteve's Avatar
anothersteve anothersteve is offline
Gold member
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 1,197
Thanks: 382
Thanked 1,659 Times in 527 Posts
Default

If it was near sunset the rental carts have to be back before sunset as they have no headlights.
Steve
  #5  
Old 01-14-2020, 11:55 AM
Two Bills Two Bills is offline
Sage
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 2,725
Thanks: 649
Thanked 3,213 Times in 1,050 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by anothersteve View Post
If it was near sunset the rental carts have to be back before sunset as they have no headlights.
Steve
In which case the pro shops should stop renting out carts earlier, if there is not time to complete a round of golf.
  #6  
Old 01-14-2020, 01:23 PM
Rapscallion St Croix's Avatar
Rapscallion St Croix Rapscallion St Croix is offline
Platinum member
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: TV..Ugly Golf Swing Capital of the World
Posts: 1,687
Thanks: 18
Thanked 585 Times in 218 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmitchell View Post
Last evening my neighbor and I went to Briarwood for a quick nine before dinner. We were paired with a nice young couple from Colorado down here visiting grampa. As we were walking off the eighth green one of those fellows in a light green golf shirt drove up and told the nice young couple that there was a time limit on the golf cart rental and they had to leave the course. I have seen some strange and impolite behavior before from the ambassadors but that was outrageous. My feeling is, somebody wanted to go home and that was the last cart on the course.
The Villages Florida

My interpretation is that you were guilty of slow play.
__________________
What am I supposed to call my Plantation Shutters now?
  #7  
Old 01-14-2020, 02:14 PM
Marathon Man Marathon Man is offline
Platinum member
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 1,662
Thanks: 2
Thanked 1,385 Times in 507 Posts
Default

The ambassador was doing his job. No need to put him down like that.
  #8  
Old 01-14-2020, 10:47 PM
tophcfa's Avatar
tophcfa tophcfa is offline
Sage
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Wherever I happen to be.
Posts: 3,052
Thanks: 1,455
Thanked 3,548 Times in 1,095 Posts
Default

They rent golf carts at executive courses??
  #9  
Old 01-14-2020, 11:06 PM
anothersteve's Avatar
anothersteve anothersteve is offline
Gold member
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 1,197
Thanks: 382
Thanked 1,659 Times in 527 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post
They rent golf carts at executive courses??
Yes, through the champ courses. I know Palmer has a few dedicated for Belmont, Pimlico and Churchill
Steve
  #10  
Old 01-15-2020, 07:27 AM
PaulUnderwood PaulUnderwood is offline
Junior Member
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 23
Thanks: 0
Thanked 22 Times in 10 Posts
Default

At OBH we wait till you are finished whether it be a a pull cart or a golf cart thats our policy.
  #11  
Old 01-15-2020, 08:38 AM
raney3099 raney3099 is offline
Junior Member
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 26
Thanks: 13
Thanked 31 Times in 15 Posts
Default

Yes people can be nasty here. Not the majority but some.
  #12  
Old 01-15-2020, 08:50 AM
anothersteve's Avatar
anothersteve anothersteve is offline
Gold member
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 1,197
Thanks: 382
Thanked 1,659 Times in 527 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by raney3099 View Post
Yes people can be nasty here. Not the majority but some.
??
Who was "nasty"?

Steve
  #13  
Old 01-15-2020, 09:26 AM
canyonblue canyonblue is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 100
Thanks: 96
Thanked 154 Times in 52 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by anothersteve View Post
Yes, through the champ courses. I know Palmer has a few dedicated for Belmont, Pimlico and Churchill
Steve
Unless you play at the courses south of 44 (ie: Fenney, etc) then you have the luxury of picking it up right at the course, in most cases only having to walk 20 feet to get in your nice new rental cart. Now for those that live south of 44 and want to go enjoy a round at an Executive north of 44, well it's not so convenient.
  #14  
Old 01-15-2020, 10:51 AM
jrieker68 jrieker68 is offline
Member
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 32
Thanks: 16
Thanked 18 Times in 11 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by canyonblue View Post
Unless you play at the courses south of 44 (ie: Fenney, etc) then you have the luxury of picking it up right at the course, in most cases only having to walk 20 feet to get in your nice new rental cart. Now for those that live south of 44 and want to go enjoy a round at an Executive north of 44, well it's not so convenient.
All we have to do is call the nearest Championship Golf Club and a cart will be ready and waiting for you at the executive course.
  #15  
Old 01-15-2020, 06:46 PM
charmed59 charmed59 is offline
Veteran member
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 561
Thanks: 45
Thanked 275 Times in 104 Posts
Default

My husband was called off the 8th hole on Grey Fox (south of 44) because they needed the carts back before they closed. It was before daylight savings ended, so it wasn’t a light issue. It was likely the course had backed up and people had to go home. They pulled all people with rental carts behind him also.
Closed Thread

Tags
young, couple, cart, green, golf

Thread Tools

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:42 AM.