Voted Villages Best Roofer Q1 2023

Closed Thread
Old 05-07-2023, 04:50 AM
TOTV SPONSOR
Default Voted Villages Best Roofer Q1 2023

SKYLIGHT ROOFING VILLAGES - EACH AND EVERY DAY

Things Villages roofers consider (May 2023) so that we continue to stay abreast of your needs here locally (Villages and surrounding communities):

• The cost of FL hardware and construction material will be rising into Q2 (Named storm damages 2022, population growth, access to earthly materials, supplier costs, inflation, Etc)

• Homeowners Insurance and fraud claims have made premiums extreme; Villagers being dropped by carrier or prorated. Roof Replacements, HVAC, and Water Heaters will be a focus through 2024.

• Hurricane season begins June 1, 2023

• Skylight Roofing Villages has filled warehouses (Sumter, Marion, Orange Counties) with all necessary hardware and shingle colors (same lots) to continue to keep roofing replacement estimates/costs level through May 2023.

• Focused on a # of communities that will need ridge vents (Baffle/Shingle-Over) replaced due to “sub-par” products installed. If you need a free inspection, it’s time to do now before rains ensue.

If any Neighbors are concerned about timelines for insurance coverage, about deadlines before you depart up North, about who will do and honest roofing replacement (including wood decking) for an honest price, about whom will get on the roof and not implement “hand-made” structural damage (Called mechanizing or manipulation) to shingles, about who will not destroy the driveway, plants, air-conditioning compressor, or leave nails behind….

The fact is that @ Skylight Roofing Villages we live here. We have golf carts. We walk barefoot. We have pets. We love our neighbors. We took a vow with our FL State licenses & Liability Coverage to serve all Villagers with the most honest, sincere, and respectful disposition in a “sea of dishonest activity” to be a company that will do our very best to stand-out because we actually care about your personal satisfaction. You are extended family @ Skylight Roofing Villages.

Free “Zero Pressure or Sales” Estimates and Honest Roofing Inspections: 352-552-0363

The Villages - Skylight Roofing Inc.

Skylight Roofing

Sky Light Roofing, Inc. - Lady Lake, FL - Nextdoor

Sky Light Roofing Inc. Reviews | Read Customer Service Reviews of skylightroofing.com

Voted Villages Best Roofer Q1 2023

Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	5DE96139-AB11-4CA9-8DA0-E06C7C36F770.jpg
Views:	601
Size:	105.4 KB
ID:	98271   The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	74FA1C83-F200-49B4-AA99-35EA776648F9.jpg
Views:	577
Size:	74.6 KB
ID:	98272   The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	D8F8E4BA-8381-4217-B8B8-832AF40DBE1A.jpg
Views:	686
Size:	81.5 KB
ID:	98273   The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	11032E78-82AB-4ED9-B2FE-D13DA105377F.jpg
Views:	534
Size:	71.2 KB
ID:	98274   The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	AA59190A-FCEC-46B8-87E3-C62C478794A6.jpg
Views:	730
Size:	54.4 KB
ID:	98275  

Old 05-07-2023, 02:18 PM

Who was voted #2 & #3?
Old 05-08-2023, 07:51 AM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,220 Times in 752 Posts
Default A heads-up could be needed here, and so…..

Dear Advertiser,

What I am about to say is not intended as a criticism of your roofing business — which I don’t know anything about.

This is about one part of your advertising………

It looks like you have given a lot of thought to your presentation of details about how you do business. You also have invested in having wraps designed to make your trucks into rolling billboards that look very nice. (I especially like the bright green color you have chosen to use. It looks good.)

BUT I think you could have been given bad advice by the company that did your artwork. They must not have known that Mickey and Minnie are intellectual property and protected from copyright infringement.

I also think “The” Villages is not supposed to be used in advertising by outside companies. That is why you sometimes see only the one word ‘Villages’ without the ‘The’ — as in that online tabloid-ish paper “villages-news.” There are several businesses around here who use ‘Village’ or ‘Villages’ in their names, but I am pretty sure TV owns the ‘The’ as part of their trademarked/copyrighted company name.

I would be careful with implying an official business association with TV. “The Villages” is a corporation. It is not only or strictly or exactly a geographical location for a map. In addition to borrowing the name, you could be borrowing trouble.

Anyway, I did not mean to try to rain on your parade this morning. You are obviously serious about investing in your business, and you are not running around with a magnetic sign on a truck. But….

I hope you will follow up on my unsolicited advice to check into whether you need to drop the ‘The’ in front of Villages — or maybe drop it all together because roofs and TV have had a sometimes sensitive history together and they might not want their name thrown around or implied. I think you might also need to let Mickey and Minnie go………unless, of course, you have been given legal permission to use these things in your advertising.

Btw, I checked on Mickey’s intellectual property status and found something that said Mickey’s copyright could be expiring soon — but it looks like that applies only to his Steamboat Willie image. (I am not sure of that though because I did only a quick search and not a deep dig.)

Those in the advertising business should be well aware of the potential for legal issues involving copyright infringement — but they don’t always know about those things.

I don’t like being the bearer of bad tidings, but you might want to ask some questions and decide if you need to make some decisions to tweak a couple of things in your advertising. I hope you will look into what I am saying.

Boomer (who is not a lawyer but who knows a little bit about a lot of things — and not a whole lot about anything)

Last edited by Boomer; 05-08-2023 at 09:15 AM.
Old 05-08-2023, 10:49 AM
Sage
Thanked 8,276 Times in 4,296 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
Dear Advertiser,

What I am about to say is not intended as a criticism of your roofing business — which I don’t know anything about.

This is about one part of your advertising………

It looks like you have given a lot of thought to your presentation of details about how you do business. You also have invested in having wraps designed to make your trucks into rolling billboards that look very nice. (I especially like the bright green color you have chosen to use. It looks good.)

BUT I think you could have been given bad advice by the company that did your artwork. They must not have known that Mickey and Minnie are intellectual property and protected from copyright infringement.

I also think “The” Villages is not supposed to be used in advertising by outside companies. That is why you sometimes see only the one word ‘Villages’ without the ‘The’ — as in that online tabloid-ish paper “villages-news.” There are several businesses around here who use ‘Village’ or ‘Villages’ in their names, but I am pretty sure TV owns the ‘The’ as part of their trademarked/copyrighted company name.

I would be careful with implying an official business association with TV. “The Villages” is a corporation. It is not only or strictly or exactly a geographical location for a map. In addition to borrowing the name, you could be borrowing trouble.

Anyway, I did not mean to try to rain on your parade this morning. You are obviously serious about investing in your business, and you are not running around with a magnetic sign on a truck. But….

I hope you will follow up on my unsolicited advice to check into whether you need to drop the ‘The’ in front of Villages — or maybe drop it all together because roofs and TV have had a sometimes sensitive history together and they might not want their name thrown around or implied. I think you might also need to let Mickey and Minnie go………unless, of course, you have been given legal permission to use these things in your advertising.

Btw, I checked on Mickey’s intellectual property status and found something that said Mickey’s copyright could be expiring soon — but it looks like that applies only to his Steamboat Willie image. (I am not sure of that though because I did only a quick search and not a deep dig.)

Those in the advertising business should be well aware of the potential for legal issues involving copyright infringement — but they don’t always know about those things.

I don’t like being the bearer of bad tidings, but you might want to ask some questions and decide if you need to make some decisions to tweak a couple of things in your advertising. I hope you will look into what I am saying.

Boomer (who is not a lawyer but who knows a little bit about a lot of things — and not a whole lot about anything)
From "The Villages" Trademark website:

"Because “The Villages” is also the name of our community, we understand there are times when folks have to use “The Villages” to refer to our community, inform customers that they serve the needs of our residents, or are located convenient to the community’s boundaries. Such uses are “fair uses” so long as they refer to the community without implying any official connection with it or The Villages Companies or their licensees. Problems can arise, however, if third parties use “The Villages” as a trademark or in some way that makes it hard for consumers to tell whether or not they are affiliated with or endorsed by The Villages Companies."

Of course, there is more detailed info on the website below.

It's all spelled out for businesses to read. And, from what I can discern, they are completely within the Trademark rules.

And I'm sure the roofing company appreciates your concern for their business...

-Tom Petty
Old 05-08-2023, 11:06 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,377 Times in 500 Posts

Voted #1 where?
Old 05-08-2023, 11:19 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtimes View Post
Voted #1 where?
Maybe voted #1-rated Advertiser in frequency of ads, at least on Next Door, although lately GreatJobPro has given them a run for the money.
Old 05-08-2023, 02:03 PM
Sage

Since when did it become okay to crap all over paid advertiser's posts?

-Tom Petty
Old 05-08-2023, 02:28 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,050 Times in 5,337 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMintzer View Post
Remember cousin brucie?
Old 05-08-2023, 02:45 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
These are legitimate questions. They claim to be #1 but they don’t say where. Just because they advertise here doesn’t mean they can lie.
Old 05-08-2023, 03:16 PM
Sage

Quote:
These are legitimate questions. They claim to be #1 but they don’t say where. Just because they advertise here doesn’t mean they can lie.
Pretty bold of you calling them liars...

-Tom Petty
Old 05-08-2023, 03:17 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu from NYC View Post
Remember cousin brucie?
Is he running TOTV?

-Tom Petty
Old 05-08-2023, 03:33 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Pretty bold of you calling them liars...
I just find it odd that they would claim to be voted #1 but not say where. I don’t like unsubstantiated claims.
Old 05-08-2023, 03:50 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,738 Times in 5,252 Posts

Skylight Roofing is not the only company that uses "The Villages" in their advertising. "The Villages Hometown Property Management Company" actually has it as part of their name. Until recently, I thought they were owned and operated by The Villages. But, when I called them and asked, they told me that they are a private company and not associated with The Villages. Go figure.
Old 05-08-2023, 04:38 PM
Platinum member
Location: Here, there, a lot of time in the Caribbean and keys, not much time spent in cold climates
Thanked 1,759 Times in 757 Posts

Quote:
From "The Villages" Trademark website:

"Because “The Villages” is also the name of our community, we understand there are times when folks have to use “The Villages” to refer to our community, inform customers that they serve the needs of our residents, or are located convenient to the community’s boundaries. Such uses are “fair uses” so long as they refer to the community without implying any official connection with it or The Villages Companies or their licensees. Problems can arise, however, if third parties use “The Villages” as a trademark or in some way that makes it hard for consumers to tell whether or not they are affiliated with or endorsed by The Villages Companies."

Of course, there is more detailed info on the website below.

It's all spelled out for businesses to read. And, from what I can discern, they are completely within the Trademark rules.

And I'm sure the roofing company appreciates your concern for their business...
Most excellent reply ! Especially how much a legitimate company would aIppreciate the free legal consulting advice of a villager with time on his/her hands

I appreciate the sincere people who truly try to address the questions of others, or make comments germane to a topic, but most entertaining are the "lectures" of those adults who take time our from the busy resort live style here to lecture other adults on what they should or should not, do. Things like someone asks for suggestions on how to pack something for shipping, and some will post a "lecture" on why the person should not send the item, and perhaps suggest just send a gift card and save money. No thought what so ever, no clue, the some people WANT to send a personally chosen gift. Or a person who asks if anyone has purchased a _____ fill in the blank and asks for feedback if you own the same brand or item. But instead, some will post a "parent like" lecture on why the person should never have purchased the ____ in the first place. My curiosity is always peaked at such posts because I wonder if such people, when out to dinner with other adult friends, face to face, engage in the same tone of lecturing a child as they do on this site ? Hummmm, I wonder ?
Old 05-08-2023, 04:38 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,738 Times in 5,252 Posts

Quote:
I just find it odd that they would claim to be voted #1 but not say where. I don’t like unsubstantiated claims.
I agree. Who voted Skylight as No. 1? Also, why does the link to customer reviews in the original post show more than 30, 5-star reviews, but none of them provides any information about the reviewer other than a name with no location or other reviewer information. But, if you go to Yelp.com, there are 13 reviews with an average rating of 3 out of 5 stars. OP, it would be helpful if you can explain the discrepancy in your reviews from different sources? I don't know of any company, especially a roofing company, who gets all 5-star reviews.
Closed Thread

Tags
villages, roofing, skylight, honest, insurance

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.