Talk of The Villages Florida - Rentals, Entertainment & More
Talk of The Villages Florida - Rentals, Entertainment & More
|
#1
|
||
|
||
|
FYI, here are the current yields for popular Vanguard Bond and cash mutual funds:
Federal Money Market (cash), 3.77% Short Term Bond Index, 4.73% Total Bond Market Index, 4.95% High Yield Corporate Bonds, 6.51% If you are not earning this much on fixed income investments, you may want to consider switching. Recently, I have been increasing my investment in the High Yield Corporate Bonds to increase my monthly income, which is against the advice of many financial advisors. But, over more than 25 years of owning this fund, it has outperformed all of the other bond funds, and I have other investments to fall back on. Yes, I know that you can buy similar investments in ETFs, if you like them. |
|
|
| Reply |
|
|
|