Broker advice Broker advice - Page 4 - Talk of The Villages Florida

Broker advice

Reply
Thread Tools
  #46  
Old Today, 11:21 AM
Arlington2 Arlington2 is offline
Silver Member
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 234
Thanks: 1
Thanked 183 Times in 94 Posts
Default

For the amount of money most of us to invest we do not qualify for top notch financial advisors. I have significantly more than you mention and have been disappointed by 4 different advisors. Best to become somewhat educated. Fidelity funds and Bogle Heads are a good choice for novice investors. I would also suggest getting Morning Star from your local library to see ratings and performance of multitude funds. You can compare Fidelity, etc with many other funds. The hardest decision is figuring out your risk tolerance. Less risk means smaller return. At some point things will turn south. Easy to purchase your selected funds with any brokerage account.
  #47  
Old Today, 11:29 AM
Nancy Rodriguez Nancy Rodriguez is offline
Newbie
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 16
Thanks: 19
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Early retirement hedge

Hedge your investments by buying gold or silver.


Quote:
Originally Posted by BuyckCabin View Post
Thank you for the response.

I know my finances well. And I know I don’t need to live like most people do here. I’ll never understand needing 7,000 or 10,000 a month. $4000/month is enough to support both my wife and I fully. We are going back to the basics. Simple life. 1.0 to 1.25 million plus to bridge until SS will be way more than enough.

I don’t care about preserving wealth and passing on an inheritance. I didn’t kill myself working to make my kid’s retirements easier.

I also know I have one life to live and I hate working.

I know I’m going back to growing my veggies and splitting my wood and shooting my own meat sources in the woods. I know I’ll be more satisfied and healthier. I know that doesn’t require fancy cars and fancy cruises and eating out at restaurants and big houses with high insurance rates and high tax rates.

A modest 7% yearly average growth on the money I currently have plus the 50-60K per year I’m saving every year for the next 7 years will easily reach that number. If the market tanks and my plans have to shift, I’ll deal with that scenario then. But the plan is, punch out in 2467 days for the last time.
  #48  
Old Today, 03:24 PM
Jim1mack Jim1mack is offline
Silver Member
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 212
Thanks: 27
Thanked 104 Times in 67 Posts
Default

I never understood the attraction of precious metals. Especially touted as a hedge against inflation. Their value goes up and down like most equities and what income do they provide unless you sell them.

I’ll stick with my high yield equities and reap the monthly dividends they provide. Doesn’t matter to me if they go up or down. Their dividends are a consistent source of monthly income.

CRF, TRTX, OXLC, IVR, AGNC, CLM. 10% or way greater yields. Find some others on your own.

Been doing this for years. All held in Schwab with no fees. They provide our ‘fun’ money.
Reply

Tags
advice, broker


You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:22 PM.