What will my Medicare Part B premium be?

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread
Old 01-09-2015, 08:38 PM
Default What will my Medicare Part B premium be?

Q: I am 66 years old and normally in the 10% federal income tax bracket. Since taking Social Security, I have never earned enough money to have to pay any taxes on my Social Security. In 2014, I sold my only rental income property for a long-term capital gain of about $110,000. I know that I will not have to pay federal taxes on this long-term capital gain since I am in the 10% bracket. But, will I have to pay higher Medicare premiums on my Part B (I currently pay $104 per month)? And will this sale cause me to pay taxes on my Social Security benefits? In 2014, I will report less than $2,000 in interest, receive about $7,500 in Social Security, have a net loss of about $500 from rental real estate, and have about $110,000 in a long-term capital gain.

Read the rest of the story.

Questions? We are are here to help.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.