This joke was nominated for best joke of the year.

Closed Thread
Old 02-05-2009, 01:10 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts
Default This joke was nominated for best joke of the year.

A Russian arrives in New York City as a new immigrant to the United States . He stops the first person he sees wal king down the street and says, "Thank you Mr. American for letting me into this country, giving me housing, food stamps, free medical care, and a free education!"

The passerby says, "You are mistaken, I am a Mexican."

The man goes on and encounters another passerby. "Thank you for having such a beautiful country here in America ."
The person says, "I not American, I Vietnamese."

The new arrival walks farther, and the next person he sees he stops, shakes his hand, and says, "Thank you for wonderful America !"
That person puts up his hand and says, "I am from Middle East . I am not American."

He finally sees a nice lady and asks, "Are you an American?"
She says, "No, I am from Africa ."
Puzzled, he asks her, "Where are all the Americans?"
The African lady checks her watch and says, "Probably at work."
Old 02-05-2009, 01:19 PM
Sage

I wonder if the actual labor figures reflect that sentiment. I think we would like to think all Americans are at work, but from what I see, many are on the dole and loving it. Some others have jobs, but I wouldn't kick a hog in the butt for the quality or length of their labor. I had a crew here that consisted of 4 Mexicans and one white American. The Mexicans worked steadily and hard. The American kid smoked cigarettes constantly and lazed about whining about the heat and his job. He was making $12 dollars an hour. A man that won't do an honest days work for twelve dollars and hour will give you no more if you pay him fifty an hour. It's about work ethic and integrity..something severely lacking in many of our workers. This joke sounds like it was made up by a lazy American.
Old 02-05-2009, 04:09 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

Well said, Sam.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 02-05-2009, 07:48 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts
Default Y'all are....

way too serious! Good or bad....just a joke... a take it or leave it...like any other non serious caricature joke of a happenstance...

BTK
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.