Starting a new village

Closed Thread
Old 02-20-2021, 03:08 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu from NYC View Post
As long as others post the thread will continue, last week thought it was done.

In answer to your question there will be no blinkers in cars driving in Village of Stu.

We think hand signals will be much more entertaining.
We will provide a course on the appropriate use of NJ hand signals.
Old 02-20-2021, 03:35 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

A pool will be constructed with a lazy river with tubes provided.

The Villages Florida

The main pool area will have a waterfall and slides.

The Villages Florida

There will be a swim up bar with a full-time bartender, draft beer will be 2 for 1 at all times with a price of a $1.

The Villages Florida
Old 02-20-2021, 03:35 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinball wizard View Post
Does that include the middle finger?
Old 02-20-2021, 04:28 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,051 Times in 5,337 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinball wizard View Post
Actually they will be NYC hand signals complete with a loud horn that goes off every 5 minutes whether needed or not.
Old 02-20-2021, 05:10 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu from NYC View Post
Actually they will be NYC hand signals complete with a loud horn that goes off every 5 minutes whether needed or not.
The last time I was in NYC was in '83, I was driving a white T-Top '81 Corvette and I was in Long Island going to the city on the LIR and it was rush hour, but the traffic was leaving the city. So going in traffic wasn't bad until we got to I guess the Mid-town tunnel, we were merging from about 5 lanes down to 2 lanes. There was a guy in a car next to me and he wasn't budging and I wasn't budging, I think he yelled out something about where I could put my Corvette. Eventually I got ahead and that was my biggest memory of driving there that week. Other than when I checked into my motel in Sheepshead Bay. The desk clerk saw I wrote down Corvette on the registration and said, park your car right in front of the lobby glass windows.
Old 02-20-2021, 05:33 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W View Post
The last time I was in NYC was in '83, I was driving a white T-Top '81 Corvette and I was in Long Island going to the city on the LIR and it was rush hour, but the traffic was leaving the city. So going in traffic wasn't bad until we got to I guess the Mid-town tunnel, we were merging from about 5 lanes down to 2 lanes. There was a guy in a car next to me and he wasn't budging and I wasn't budging, I think he yelled out something about where I could put my Corvette. Eventually I got ahead and that was my biggest memory of driving there that week. Other than when I checked into my motel in Sheepshead Bay. The desk clerk saw I wrote down Corvette on the registration and said, park your car right in front of the lobby glass windows.
My first car was a 1970 Mustang. A few weeks before our son was to be born came down and car was gone. Was found a week later and the cop who called told me to bring a flat bladed screwdriver.

Ignition column was a mess but stuck the screwdriver in and car started right up.
Old 02-22-2021, 08:56 AM
Sage
Default Hooters

The commissioners have voted and like the idea of having our own Hooters.

We have reached out to them and it is doable but we would need to appoint a resident as general manager.

If interested please send in an application with your check for $ 100 and we will consider.

If enough applications are received you might not see me for awhile as we are considering a cruise around the world.
Old 03-03-2021, 08:59 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,665 Times in 594 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by airstreamingypsy View Post
Hmmmm, Having had horses for most of my life, you may want to rethink that. An average horse poops out 20 pounds of poop a day. Jut sayin'
Wow, 20 pounds in a day. In only 10 days, we could have a new politician!
Old 03-12-2021, 03:27 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,665 Times in 594 Posts

Has the new golf cart bridge over the turnpike had any impact on Stu Village traffic? And is that a good thing or bad thing?
Old 03-12-2021, 03:44 PM
Sage
Default Announcing the second annual super duper Village Olympics

The board of directors has decided to have our second annual super duper village of Stu olympics in spite of what might have happened (which we will continue to deny) last time.

Some of our events will be
Lazy Man river if we can find someone who is not to lazy to build it
Golf Cart demolition derby.
Pitch and Put Golf for a new Tesla if we can find some sucker to donate the car.
Watch the Grass Grow challenge if we can get a judge willing to watch it grow.
Carpet bombing with our new drone using whatever ammo we can find

We are open to additional events if we can get good suggestions that will be agreed to by our new Grand Poobah John N.
Closed Thread

Tags
village, sumter, county, pay, starting

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.