Thoughts on aging

Closed Thread
Old 11-17-2016, 07:49 AM
Default Thoughts on aging

Yesterday I stopped in a store that sells sunglasses, and only sunglasses. A young lady walked over to me and ask, “What brings you in today?”

I looked at her and said, “I'm interested in buying a refrigerator.” She didn't quite know how to respond.

I think I'm getting to be that age.

I got thinking about age and decided that old age is when you still have something on the ball, but you're just too tired to bounce it.

I thought about making a fitness movie for people my age and calling it 'Pumping Rust.'

When people come into our house and see the cat's litter box they always say, “Oh, have you got a cat?” Just once I want to say, “No, it's for company.”

Every time you fill out an application blank it always asks who is to be called in case of an emergency. I think you should write, 'an ambulance.'

I discovered the easiest way to find something lost around the house is to buy a replacement.

Do you know the real purpose of a child's middle name? It's so he can tell when he's really in trouble.

Ever notice: When you put the two words 'The' and 'IRS' together it spells 'Theirs.'

Sure young is beautiful... but getting old is comfortable.

Today's status symbol is the 'smart phone' everyone has clipped to their belt or purse. I didn't want to spend the money for one, so I'm wearing my garage door opener.
Old 11-17-2016, 09:11 AM
Gold member
Location: Philadelphia & Lower Gwynedd, PA, Ocean City, NJ, Wesley Chapel, FL and The Village of St. James

You put a smile on my face this morning Chuck.
Old 11-17-2016, 09:16 AM
Veteran member
Default Retirement or OLD?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck90199 View Post
Yesterday I stopped in a store that sells sunglasses, and only sunglasses. A young lady walked over to me and ask, “What brings you in today?”

I looked at her and said, “I'm interested in buying a refrigerator.” She didn't quite know how to respond.

I got thinking about age and decided that old age is when you still have something on the ball, but you're just too tired to bounce it.

I thought about making a fitness movie for people my age and calling it 'Pumping Rust.'

When people come into our house and see the cat's litter box they always say, “Oh, have you got a cat?” Just once I want to say, “No, it's for company.”

Every time you fill out an application blank it always asks who is to be called in case of an emergency. I think you should write, 'an ambulance.'

I discovered the easiest way to find something lost around the house is to buy a replacement.

Do you know the real purpose of a child's middle name? It's so he can tell when he's really in trouble.

Ever notice: When you put the two words 'The' and 'IRS' together it spells 'Theirs.'

Today's status symbol is the 'smart phone' everyone has clipped to their belt or purse. I didn't want to spend the money for one, so I'm wearing my garage door opener.
From bbbbbb
Very good, we enjoyed that for sure. It is nice to hear from someone with a good sense of humor, it can make the day go better. Retirement is great and we get to collect bottles of pain remedies we did not know about.
In Retirement, I plan to write a book on procrastination for seniors but just have a problem getting it started.
Have fun. bbbbbb
Old 11-17-2016, 10:12 AM

Smiled the whole time as I read this. Please, write more.
Old 11-17-2016, 11:35 AM
Sage

Thanks for posting this.

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Old 12-08-2016, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck90199 View Post

Thanks for the laugh!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 12-08-2016, 02:16 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

Shame on you. I could have gone the rest of my life and not put the and IRS together. Theirs will never be the same. Sigh.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Closed Thread

Tags
age, house, people, sunglasses, young

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.