Old 05-14-2019, 08:48 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,345 Times in 2,067 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 View Post
5/12/2019 NOTHING view count for 8:55 AM EST

298, 769.
297, 956.

This may not be the exact number as I am a little pre-occupied today and not for NOTHING.

I must have NOTHING but forgot the 8:55 AM view count for Monday 5/13/2019.

But in preparation for tomorrow's we have 300, 727 as the 8:55 AM EST NOTHING tally.

Looks like the number was 299, 671 for the 8:55 AM 5/13/2019 mark.

300, 747.
299, 671.

976 is the 24 hour 5/13/2019 to 5/14/2019 NOTHING cycle.
And I know we hit 300,000 fairly early yesterday. And was 300,000 which is cool.
Old 05-14-2019, 08:53 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,208 Times in 1,172 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
I've learned in the past that I am not the Doctor. Getting on Web MD is NOTHING but the wrong move. Yet I do it anyway in the middle of the night when I lay there wondering. I try to leave it all where it belongs and sometimes can't.

We had a good laugh on the way home yesterday. Bitter Sweet. We stopped to get one of them there fancy smancy PocketBooks that women folk like and were reminded of the one we bought for my Mom just after she got some bad medical news years ago. My Mom innocently said this pocketbook will last me a lifetime, after the news she just got that was something only she could get away with saying. It's all good. We always try to keep a smile on even if we're dying on the inside.

The big thing is, we didn't hear anything bad at all yesterday. I think we're shocked that the investigation is ongoing, more shocking today than yesterday. I think a nice Golf Cart ride is in order! Clear Out the cobwebs. Man O Man, I wish this was me all Jacked Up instead of Grandma!
Here is what I would suggest regarding that because I don't think it's always a bad idea to educate yourself to a point. First of all, I usually go onto sites like Mayo Clinic, Cleveland Clinic, or Johns Hopkins for info. Web MD is okay for cursory info. The point is not to google all kinds of info and then get yourself all worked up, but to look up some of the stuff your doctors have been talking about as possibilities. That way you have a little background yourself to ask informed questions of your doctor regarding the condition.

I tend not to dissuade people from becoming more informed on their own in order to have more meaningful conversations with their healthcare professionals. But sometimes the amount of info out there can become overwhelming so you need to determine for yourself how much is too much.

One things for sure though, as you state in your post about having a good laugh - that can be NOTHING but the best medicine at times.
Old 05-14-2019, 08:53 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by fw102807 View Post
I agree I still enjoy NOTHING but the feel of an actual hardcover book. Paperbacks are OK.
True. My Game of Thrones set are NOTHING but HUGE paperbacks. A few of them are around 1000 to 1100 pages.
Old 05-14-2019, 08:56 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,441 Times in 2,277 Posts

Quote:
I like the real feel of a book. Have not been in a library for a while though as I buy books so I can then share them with my parents and with some send them also to other relatives who might have an interest in them.

And I bought a set of George R.R. Martin's Game of Thrones books which is NOTHING but a huge amount of reading.

Have a lot of libraries all over the country which pop up on my Facebook page.

I have been in a lot of libraries around the country often looking for practical materials for survivors/victims of crimes. Starting looking in February of 1976 for these items. Did not find much of anything until 1992.
I read NOTHING but 3 or 4 books a week. I got tired of them stacking up in my office. lol

Several times I've found myself buying a book that I've already read.

With my trusty Kindle I can read in bed without bothering Mrs. K. by turning on a light. When I go on vacation I can load an unlimited amount of reading material without having to take another suitcase.. lol

Seattle has an absolutely beautiful library. Unfortunately it has turned into a daytime hangout for the indigent..

We've Got Plenty Of Youth.. What We Need Is a Fountain Of SMART!
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fw102807 View Post
For what it's worth I think they rule out the worst stuff first.

I have to confess that I do not know what one of those fancy smancy "pocketbooks" is that women like? I NOTHING but like books with spies, snipers and criminal activities. Golf cart ride however is always a good thing.
Me neither on the fancy pockie book. Back home we would just use us a burlap bag. My D.I.L. bought a pair of shoes one time that was NOTHING but more beautiful on the bottom (Red) than the part of the shoe you look at. It also worked out to NOTHING but $80 a Toe! That's a whole lotta Broccoli for shoes! Forgetabouit! I could stir the pot a little now but would rather shoot for peace on Earf!
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abby10 View Post
Here is what I would suggest regarding that because I don't think it's always a bad idea to educate yourself to a point. First of all, I usually go onto sites like Mayo Clinic, Cleveland Clinic, or Johns Hopkins for info. Web MD is okay for cursory info. The point is not to google all kinds of info and then get yourself all worked up, but to look up some of the stuff your doctors have been talking about as possibilities. That way you have a little background yourself to ask informed questions of your doctor regarding the condition.

I tend not to dissuade people from becoming more informed on their own in order to have more meaningful conversations with their healthcare professionals. But sometimes the amount of info out there can become overwhelming so you need to determine for yourself how much is too much.

One things for sure though, as you state in your post about having a good laugh - that can be NOTHING but the best medicine at times.
I went in a few medical libraries and they are NOTHING but overwhelming. You would need a solid background in science to get around in them.

I was looking for survivors/victims rights information but because of how the library was set up could not really locate anything. I did not want to talk to the reference librarian there.
Old 05-14-2019, 09:02 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenswing View Post
I read NOTHING but 3 or 4 books a week. I got tired of them stacking up in my office. lol

Several times I've found myself buying a book that I've already read.

With my trusty Kindle I can read in bed without bothering Mrs. K. by turning on a light. When I go on vacation I can load an unlimited amount of reading material without having to take another suitcase.. lol

Seattle has an absolutely beautiful library. Unfortunately it has turned into a daytime hangout for the indigent..
I worked at the downtown central library in Minneapolis for just one semester in law school. I was in the History and Travel Department doing work/study like stuff. There were a lot of homeless in there who would often be sleeping on the benches and the like. The Twin Cities can get NOTHING but frigid by late September and can stay that way through April.

The demolished this library and build something else. Minneapolis Central Library | Hennepin County
Old 05-14-2019, 09:10 AM
fw102807

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
Me neither on the fancy pockie book. Back home we would just use us a burlap bag. My D.I.L. bought a pair of shoes one time that was NOTHING but more beautiful on the bottom (Red) than the part of the shoe you look at. It also worked out to NOTHING but $80 a Toe! That's a whole lotta Broccoli for shoes! Forgetabouit! I could stir the pot a little now but would rather shoot for peace on Earf!
Oh.....that kind of pockiebook. I have one that I use all the time. I do not like changing them as I get used to knowing where everything is so I use them until they die and then look for a similar one to replace it. Shoes for me = sandals, flat sandals, and NOTHING else unless I have to go up north yuk! I am way too anal for fashion.
Old 05-14-2019, 09:11 AM
Sage

Quote:
I went in a few medical libraries and they are NOTHING but overwhelming. You would need a solid background in science to get around in them.

I was looking for survivors/victims rights information but because of how the library was set up could not really locate anything. I did not want to talk to the reference librarian there.
You got that NOTHING but right. That's where I would often go to study when I was in college. Since it was mostly med students and other healthcare professionals there, it was quiet and people were really there to study - you could probably hear a pin drop as they say. Quite a bit different from the huge library on the main campus area which wasn't as quiet and you weren't sure if students were there to study or socialize.

I love both libraries and book stores and prefer reading from a book than a tablet device, although I do agree with the advantages that K states about using a kindle. I've tried it but I still prefer reading from a book.
Old 05-14-2019, 09:11 AM
Sage

Quote:

UCSF Academic Health Sciences Library

Some of this could be quite useful though and not for NOTHING.

This was one of the medical libraries I went into back in the 1990s.
Old 05-14-2019, 12:43 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

I've read about tree or 4 books in my hole stinckin NOTHING lifetime. If it don't havem goodly pictures I no like em to much. Thats why I like to hang wit yous Brainiacks!
Old 05-14-2019, 02:39 PM
Sage

I really should be doing something but instead I've been looking back at last year's NOTHING and reminiscing. Boy, we had some really good times back then. Makes me laugh and at the same time feel sad because I miss so many of the previous posters on here who used to be regulars. Sure hope they are doing well.

Now I better get off of here and pay my bills. Then I'll have something to really be sad about because I'll probably have NOTHING after doing that.....
Old 05-14-2019, 02:54 PM

Quote:
I really should be doing something but instead I've been looking back at last year's NOTHING and reminiscing. Boy, we had some really good times back then. Makes me laugh and at the same time feel sad because I miss so many of the previous posters on here who used to be regulars. Sure hope they are doing well.

Now I better get off of here and pay my bills. Then I'll have something to really be sad about because I'll probably have NOTHING after doing that.....
Who were those great posters? You seem to have NOTHING but a real allegiance to them.

Last edited by luperona9; 05-14-2019 at 03:03 PM.
Old 05-14-2019, 02:57 PM
fw102807

Quote:
Originally Posted by luperona9 View Post
Who were those great posters? You seem to have a real allegiance to them.
NOTHING violation
Old 05-14-2019, 02:57 PM
Sage

Quote:

I NOTHING but miss some of them too. Others not so much.

Tags
thread, matters, post, requirement

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.