The Thread About NOTHING

Old 03-27-2018, 09:22 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,208 Times in 1,172 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsw14 View Post
Yup, went back many a times. When I got to the back roads to get to camp, I went NO Faster then 25mph... Needless to say I was always NOTHING but the last one to get to camp!!!
Haha....better late than sorry!

Well at least in TV, no deer there, right? Although you might hit a coyote.......or an alligator. That would be more than NOTHING!
Old 03-27-2018, 10:07 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,943 Times in 796 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abby10 View Post
So good to "see" you all on here today. I thought I was just going to have a NOTHING day at work. Instead my day turned into a big something. Anyone else ever have a deer hit you head on.......I mean run down the road straight at your car? I never saw the thing coming until.....CRASH! Between it being almost dark and the lights of the cars coming in the other direction that were blinding me, I never saw the darn thing coming, but the sound of my headlight literally shattering....holy mackeral! Had to crawl out of the passenger side of the car because the door jammed.

Thank heaven no one was hurt. No one except the deer, that is.

What an end to a relatively good day! Time to take some Tylenol and head to bed. My son said I probably hurt myself more from getting out of the car than the impact of the deer. He's probably right.........it's tough getting old.
You have left me with NOTHING but good wishes for you and the old gray mare. We have one too--2005 Dodge Magnum, the most comfortable, best car we've ever had. So I know your feeling. You just can't replace those best-ever-to-you cars. But thank goodness you are okay. NOTHING will make you happier than if the insurance company agrees to fix it.

(Two NOTHINGs in one post--is that an infraction?)
Old 03-27-2018, 10:10 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,626 Times in 1,884 Posts

Abby, Abby, Abby. As long as you are okey-dokey that's all that counts. Dopey deer, dear. What the hell is wrong with them that they become car magnets. A friend hit one on Route 78 near the Pennsylvania border and because he described in the accident report that he hit the dear instead of the dear hitting him the insurance paid zero, zip, nada, NOTHING.

This should be a signal, a sign that Florida is the move to make. Coming back to The Villages from Hollywood Florida I was driving cautiously because I assumed the deer were just waiting to ruin my day like in Jorsey, how wrong I was. I have seen a total of one deer about the size of a German Shepard and it wasn't a coyote. Very sorry for your troubles. I hope The Old Mare can be resurrected.
Old 03-27-2018, 10:27 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
You have left me with NOTHING but good wishes for you and the old gray mare. We have one too--2005 Dodge Magnum, the most comfortable, best car we've ever had. So I know your feeling. You just can't replace those best-ever-to-you cars. But thank goodness you are okay. NOTHING will make you happier than if the insurance company agrees to fix it.

(Two NOTHINGs in one post--is that an infraction?)
Thank you, but we better be careful or someone might accuse us of loving our cars too much......like we love our dogs. NOTHING like that allowed on this thread though.

Two NOTHINGS in one post is a reward, not an infraction. Unfortunately our rewards are NOTHING.....lol
Old 03-27-2018, 10:41 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
Abby, Abby, Abby. As long as you are okey-dokey that's all that counts. Dopey deer, dear. What the hell is wrong with them that they become car magnets. A friend hit one on Route 78 near the Pennsylvania border and because he described in the accident report that he hit the dear instead of the dear hitting him the insurance paid zero, zip, nada, NOTHING.

This should be a signal, a sign that Florida is the move to make. Coming back to The Villages from Hollywood Florida I was driving cautiously because I assumed the deer were just waiting to ruin my day like in Jorsey, how wrong I was. I have seen a total of one deer about the size of a German Shepard and it wasn't a coyote. Very sorry for your troubles. I hope The Old Mare can be resurrected.
Thanks, Nucky. At least I came up with a story to tell to keep this thread alive. I only wish it was NOTHING more than a story, but you're right - it could have been a lot worse. Someone was watching out for us.
Old 03-27-2018, 10:46 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,495 Times in 2,286 Posts

You women and your attachment to your cars.. Mrs. K also had a 15 year old car that she loved, a Chrysler Concorde. On her way home from work sitting at a red light she got rear ended so hard that it pushed her up underneath the car in front of her. So the back end of her car was smashed. The hood of her car had a Jeep Cherokee sitting on it. She still begged the insurance company to fix it.. Thankfully they wouldn't.

That was three years ago. After they totaled the car Mrs. K got herself a new Subaru Outback.. Now it's her baby.. lol And for me it's a relief. The Outback is NOTHING but a beast in the snow. Actually does better than my 4WD 3/4 ton Dodge Ram..

We've Got Plenty Of Youth.. What We Need Is a Fountain Of SMART!
Old 03-27-2018, 11:01 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenswing View Post
You women and your attachment to your cars.. Mrs. K also had a 15 year old car that she loved, a Chrysler Concorde. On her way home from work sitting at a red light she got rear ended so hard that it pushed her up underneath the car in front of her. So the back end of her car was smashed. The hood of her car had a Jeep Cherokee sitting on it. She still begged the insurance company to fix it.. Thankfully they wouldn't.

That was three years ago. After they totaled the car Mrs. K got herself a new Subaru Outback.. Now it's her baby.. lol And for me it's a relief. The Outback is NOTHING but a beast in the snow. Actually does better than my 4WD 3/4 ton Dodge Ram..
It's easy to do. Change your thinking over to how those vehicles drive on the beach. Give yourself a chance, Nothing more about that 4 letter word. SNOW. YUCK.
Old 03-27-2018, 11:08 AM
Sage

Quote:
It's easy to do. Change your thinking over to how those vehicles drive on the beach. Give yourself a chance, Nothing more about that 4 letter word. SNOW. YUCK.
Unfortunately I still have the other 4 letter word to contend with.. Work.. NOTHING but waiting for our time to come..

Old 03-27-2018, 11:16 AM
Sage

Quote:

Uh-oh, CFrance, obviously I was wrong. I guess it is allowed on here per the Kommander......lol

Glad to hear your wife has NOTHING but love for her Subaru, K. I've actually got my eye on one too......just in case.

Call me fickle.
Old 03-27-2018, 12:28 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abby10 View Post
As far as D goes, if I remember correctly, he got upset that they deleted some of his posts and decided to leave TOTV altogether. I'm sorry he did - he was a great poster who had a lot to offer the forum in kindness and wisdom.
I can't imagine anything D might have posted that required deleting.
D was NOTHING but a gentleman, and we will miss his posts.
Old 03-27-2018, 12:41 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
Truer words have never been typed. A true Gem.
Old 03-27-2018, 12:50 PM
Sage

Quote:
Truer words have never been typed. A true Gem.
NOTHING Violation..

Old 03-27-2018, 12:54 PM
Sage

Quote:
NOTHING Violation..
Send him to the principal's office.
They know how to deal with violations; and he will be NOTHING but repentant.
Old 03-27-2018, 01:25 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
His post was NOTHING but a funny reference about a foreign leader that I guess the mods considered might lead to further political comments and deleted it. There may be more to it than that, but that's all I remember. I never remember D posting anything out of character. As you said, a true gentleman.....
Old 03-27-2018, 01:32 PM
Sage

Quote:
NOTHING Violation..
Oh, Brother does that kill me. Nothing much worse than the penalty flag, 15 yards and loss of down. Can't use the word Nothing when I'm talking about my friend. I'll gladly take the penalty. But it hurts. Maybe another spanking???? With a Lobster???

Tags
thread, matters, post, requirement

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.