The Thread About NOTHING

Old 08-03-2018, 09:56 AM
fw102807

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
NOTHING IS EASY NOWADAYS!
Truer words were never spoken. I do NOTHING but love eggplant and have a recipe from Tomwed for it that I really like.

2 eggplants diced
5 tablespoons olive oil
1 large onion chopped finely
4 clove garlic sliced
1 teaspoon sea salt
5 large tomatoes – skinned and deseeded
2 tablespoons tomato purée
1 cup water
1 teaspoon smoked paprika
1/2 teaspoon cayenne
2 tablespoons fresh mint – finely chopped
1 can cooked chickpeas – drained
PREPARATION
Add the eggplant to a large baking tray and toss them in 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Roast on for 30 minutes until browned.
Add the remaining oil to a large pan and add in the onion, fry on a low to medium heat until soft and slightly browning. Add the garlic and cook for a further few minutes.
Next add the tomatoes, tomato purée, paprika, eggplant, and chickpeas. Cook for approximately 20 minutes. Add water if needed. Finally season with salt and the fresh mint.
Old 08-03-2018, 11:25 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abby10 View Post
I can't say I'm really much of a couch potato, but I'll admit I've never sat so much since I started on NOTHING. It's a terrible addiction. I decided I have to do something about that when I get to TV - I'm going to buy a stand-up desk.
The library check-out desk is like a stand up desk. I spent most of the day there fixing computers, doing research and answering questions.
When I got my house it seemed right and I couldn't put my finger on why.
About a year later the light bulb went on.
It's the same as the library--the wood is the same, the counter the same, even where I stand at the island is the same. You think that would have occurred to me sooner.
That's the kind of nothing story I like to write out.
Old 08-03-2018, 11:54 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,427 Times in 2,269 Posts

Just got dispatched to a fire. See you NOTHINGS when I get back..

We've Got Plenty Of Youth.. What We Need Is a Fountain Of SMART!
Old 08-03-2018, 11:57 AM
fw102807

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenswing View Post
Just got dispatched to a fire. See you NOTHINGS when I get back..
May you have NOTHING but good luck.
Old 08-03-2018, 11:59 AM
fw102807

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomwed View Post
The library check-out desk is like a stand up desk. I spent most of the day there fixing computers, doing research and answering questions.
When I got my house it seemed right and I couldn't put my finger on why.
About a year later the light bulb went on.
It's the same as the library--the wood is the same, the counter the same, even where I stand at the island is the same. You think that would have occurred to me sooner.
That's the kind of nothing story I like to write out.
That's what NOTHING is all about. My husband always says if he wants to hide something from me all he has to do is put it in plain sight.
Old 08-03-2018, 12:08 PM
Sage

Here's another nothing story.
This morning I could not find the remote. I did the usual, removing the cushions, moving the sofa, looking on every flat surface, but nada. Once in 1978 I lost something I needed and could not find and I went through the garbage and found it. What a curse that turned out to be. For the last 40 years at least twice a year I loose something I need and after looking "everywhere else" I go thought the garbage. It's never there. The sofa I checked is a sleeper sofa, bed feature hasn't been used in years. I checked again. Somehow the remote slipped in the folded mattress.
Old 08-03-2018, 04:54 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,208 Times in 1,172 Posts

Sorry to let you NOTHINGS down today. I'm really feeling under the weather today and just didn't have much to say or energy to post it. Thanks, fw, for always being there to start out the day and to tomwed - love your stories, keep them coming along with your funny quips. It will help to keep things upbeat in lieu of the news today.

Upon hearing K's news, I feel we owe it to him to keep things going around here while he is out on an important and courageous mission. So proud of that NOTHING. Sending prayers his way for him to return home safely and quickly. Also prayers for his wife and other family members, that they are free of worry and find peace in the only One who can provide it at times like this.

So carry on with any and all NOTHING in support of our Kommander......
Old 08-03-2018, 05:00 PM
fw102807

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomwed View Post
Here's another nothing story.
This morning I could not find the remote. I did the usual, removing the cushions, moving the sofa, looking on every flat surface, but nada. Once in 1978 I lost something I needed and could not find and I went through the garbage and found it. What a curse that turned out to be. For the last 40 years at least twice a year I loose something I need and after looking "everywhere else" I go thought the garbage. It's never there. The sofa I checked is a sleeper sofa, bed feature hasn't been used in years. I checked again. Somehow the remote slipped in the folded mattress.
I lost the little cleaning tool for the vacuum filter and it was in the trash. I don't think that was the first time either. We have NOTHING but a black hole in our house and I actually wish more stuff would find its way in.
Old 08-03-2018, 07:40 PM
Sage

Quote:
Sorry to let you NOTHINGS down today. I'm really feeling under the weather today and just didn't have much to say or energy to post it. Thanks, fw, for always being there to start out the day and to tomwed - love your stories, keep them coming along with your funny quips. It will help to keep things upbeat in lieu of the news today.

Upon hearing K's news, I feel we owe it to him to keep things going around here while he is out on an important and courageous mission. So proud of that NOTHING. Sending prayers his way for him to return home safely and quickly. Also prayers for his wife and other family members, that they are free of worry and find peace in the only One who can provide it at times like this.

Thanks Abby. Made it to the fire safe and sound. Got camp set up. Now there’s NOTHING to do but get ready for tomorrow.

Old 08-03-2018, 08:08 PM
fw102807

Quote:
Thanks Abby. Made it to the fire safe and sound. Got camp set up. Now there’s NOTHING to do but get ready for tomorrow.
Sounds like you won't be doing NOTHING tomorrow. Looks like a very active area.
Old 08-03-2018, 08:27 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,208 Times in 1,172 Posts

Quote:
So good to hear from you. You will be NOTHING but missed around here. Hopefully you will have an occasional opportunity to pop in and let us know you are okay. If not, we'll be here to greet you when you get back.
Old 08-03-2018, 08:44 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Quote:
Just take care of yourself. You’re NOTHING but a Badass in our eyes. I had several uncles who were firefighters in the city, rough stuff.
Old 08-03-2018, 08:47 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Quote:

Feel better Mrs. Abby, World Traveler, I hope you are just tired.
Old 08-03-2018, 08:59 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by fw102807 View Post
I lost the little cleaning tool for the vacuum filter and it was in the trash. I don't think that was the first time either. We have NOTHING but a black hole in our house and I actually wish more stuff would find its way in.
I was the HS golf coach in a smallish town for over 30 years. No one said if it wasn't for my HS coach I would not have won this PGA event. But---every year when we had the league golf tournament where all the coaches officiated other team players from many teams, to a coach each told me that it was a joy officiating my golfers. It's hard to explain why that's the most complimentary thing a coach can hear.

One night there was a big spaghetti fund raiser at the HS after a golf match. I forgot who got the proceeds but it wasn't the golf team.
So I ate with my friends and my team ate with their friends. After dinner one of my players said he was in trouble. [His dad was a great guy and had 6 kids. Everyone in that family golfed. I coached 4 of his kids that went to public school.] So my player [Tim, son 3] said he lost his retainer and his father is going to kill him. [I knew the dad, and the most it would be was a you let me down speech.] Tim told me he removed the retainer and wrapped it in a napkin. A cute junior girl who was on clean-up came around and maybe she put it in the garbage. Tim and I went through 4 barrels of spaghetti dinner clean-up before we found it. He washed it off and put it in his mouth.
ooops--truth be told i forgot about nothing

Last edited by tomwed; 08-03-2018 at 09:10 PM.
Old 08-03-2018, 09:19 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
Feel better Mrs. Abby, World Traveler, I hope you are just tired.
NOTHING Violation. Just because I’m gone doesn’t mean I’m not watching. lol

Tags
thread, matters, post, requirement

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.