The Thread About NOTHING

Old 09-15-2018, 03:42 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,626 Times in 1,884 Posts

That's great I get my next NOTHING for free. I never got a freebie. How many times have I said Damn, Damn, Damn, and laughed my butt off typing it?
Old 09-15-2018, 04:30 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,208 Times in 1,172 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
Different strokes for NOTHING but way different folks. I don't want to blow the JONES off the map anymore, already played that game. Our best friends who came to visit last year are in fact named JONES.
They started at the 300k mark and were down too about 200k by the time they left because the reality hit them that it's not about the house totally. Functionality is key. We are modest all the way around finally and it really feels nice, I think, it's still new.
Gonna have to hire Hazel with that Lallapalooza house. No doubt that the entire area is beautiful where that house is.
To each their own. I'm happy for them if that's what rocks their boat.
Believe me when I say we are NOTHING but modest people - always have been and always will be. It sure would be silly to change in retirement. We never had the JONES complex - way too practical for that. We also have always been very fortunate to have friends who are of the same mindset. Some have money and some don't, but we all live moderate lifestyles and you really wouldn't know who has what. My husband and I never moved too far in our thinking and desires from our mostly blue color roots and we like it that way. Like my wise husband says - what makes life sweet is your relationships, not what you have in the way of material stuff.
Old 09-15-2018, 06:25 PM
fw102807

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abby10 View Post
Believe me when I say we are NOTHING but modest people - always have been and always will be. It sure would be silly to change in retirement. We never had the JONES complex - way too practical for that. We also have always been very fortunate to have friends who are of the same mindset. Some have money and some don't, but we all live moderate lifestyles and you really wouldn't know who has what. My husband and I never moved too far in our thinking and desires from our mostly blue color roots and we like it that way. Like my wise husband says - what makes life sweet is your relationships, not what you have in the way of material stuff.
Material stuff can be gone in an instance. When we went to the Waterford factory in Ireland and I came home with NOTHING my friends asked me why and I said why do I want anything I have to worry about breaking?
Old 09-15-2018, 07:04 PM
Sage

Wonder what tomwed has been up to? He's been MIA this past 24 hours or more. I hope he doesn't think he isn't able to come back unless he has a recipe to post.

Tomwed, wherever you are, you only have to bring your NOTHING to post here and NOTHING else if you so desire. Hope you are just out having some fun somewhere.
Old 09-15-2018, 08:01 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,480 Times in 2,285 Posts

The boss and her mother are safely home. Dinner was a hit. Now I can do NOTHING..

We've Got Plenty Of Youth.. What We Need Is a Fountain Of SMART!
Old 09-15-2018, 08:27 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenswing View Post
The boss and her mother are safely home. Dinner was a hit. Now I can do NOTHING..
Was hoping you would post to let us know they got in okay. Glad your dinner was NOTHING but appreciated.
Old 09-15-2018, 08:50 PM
fw102807

Everyone have NOTHING but a great night
Old 09-15-2018, 09:25 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,626 Times in 1,884 Posts

Last time I heard from tomwed he was going to the Waterford Outlet to see if they had any deals in NOTHING other than the Scratch and dent department.

Our Daughter In Law has a pair of shoes that are important to all the girls around 30 years old, I don't know the name but they have a Red Bottom on them and Oprah owns a pair. I think they said $900. I said zero, but I was thinking that's $90 per toe and more than my entire wardrobe. I never want to wear long pants as long as I live. I own two pairs in case something comes up that I can't get out of.
Old 09-15-2018, 10:56 PM
Sage

Quote:
Last time I heard from tomwed he was going to the Waterford Outlet to see if they had any deals in NOTHING other than the Scratch and dent department.

Our Daughter In Law has a pair of shoes that are important to all the girls around 30 years old, I don't know the name but they have a Red Bottom on them and Oprah owns a pair. I think they said $900. I said zero, but I was thinking that's $90 per toe and more than my entire wardrobe. I never want to wear long pants as long as I live. I own two pairs in case something comes up that I can't get out of.
If it wasn't for the Safety Officers I wouldn't wear long pants either. I think we should have NOTHING but a pants burning party when I retire. I'll save a couple pairs to get into the main dining room on our cruises though.. lol

Old 09-16-2018, 05:59 AM
Sage

Quote:

Quote:
If it wasn't for the Safety Officers I wouldn't wear long pants either. I think we should have NOTHING but a pants burning party when I retire. I'll save a couple pairs to get into the main dining room on our cruises though.. lol
Hmmm........so has NOTHINGVILLE declared burning of the pants the new burning of the bras? Leaving you 2 alone at night may be a dangerous thing - lol

Good morning, everyone. Today is Sunday, September 16th - halfway through September already. Before you know it the holidays will be here and a new year will be upon us. Indeed, time does fly.

Up and out early to the gym today, but honestly I think I worked out harder scrubbing the floor yesterday. The smaller house in TV should be a snap to clean compared to this one. Maybe the desire for a bigger house will diminish when I find out I have too much to do in TV to want to spend time keeping up a house. My husband is already looking forward to a lot less yard work. I never thought I would hear him say that because he always enjoyed that. I guess we're getting old........or maybe we're just getting smarter.
Old 09-16-2018, 06:09 AM
fw102807

Quote:
Hmmm........so has NOTHINGVILLE declared burning of the pants the new burning of the bras? Leaving you 2 alone at night may be a dangerous thing - lol

Good morning, everyone. Today is Sunday, September 16th - halfway through September already. Before you know it the holidays will be here and a new year will be upon us. Indeed, time does fly.

Up and out early to the gym today, but honestly I think I worked out harder scrubbing the floor yesterday. The smaller house in TV should be a snap to clean compared to this one. Maybe the desire for a bigger house will diminish when I find out I have too much to do in TV to want to spend time keeping up a house. My husband is already looking forward to a lot less yard work. I never thought I would hear him say that because he always enjoyed that. I guess we're getting old........or maybe we're just getting smarter.
I vote for getting smarter. We went from 3000 sq ft most of which we didn't even use to 1700 very efficient sq feet. Being all on one level is NOTHING but the best.
Old 09-16-2018, 09:34 AM
Sage

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fw102807 View Post
I vote for getting smarter. We went from 3000 sq ft most of which we didn't even use to 1700 very efficient sq feet. Being all on one level is NOTHING but the best.
Ditto to all of the above. I can't wait for a smaller yard to maintain and Mrs. K. can't wait for NOTHING but a smaller house to clean.

Mrs. K. has to work today then she'll have the next two weeks off. One week with her mother here then one week in California to run her mom and dad to doctor appts..

Old 09-16-2018, 10:30 AM
Sage

Quote:
Ditto to all of the above. I can't wait for a smaller yard to maintain and Mrs. K. can't wait for NOTHING but a smaller house to clean.

Mrs. K. has to work today then she'll have the next two weeks off. One week with her mother here then one week in California to run her mom and dad to doctor appts..
So her turn to leave you to bachelor it for a week I guess. God bless her. What a good daughter to give up her valuable time off to tend to them. Something she will surely never regret.

On another note, Costco may become NOTHING to me......
Old 09-16-2018, 10:36 AM
Sage

Appropriate for NOTHING -

Why Southerners Love Eating "Veggies" - YouTube
Old 09-16-2018, 10:43 AM
Sage

Quote:
So her turn to leave you to bachelor it for a week I guess. God bless her. What a good daughter to give up her valuable time off to tend to them. Something she will surely never regret.

On another note, Costco may become NOTHING to me......
NOTHING is more important to Mrs. K. than her mothing. It's going to be a tough road when that women leaves us..

What did Costco do?

Tags
thread, matters, post, requirement

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.