The Thread About NOTHING

Old 02-19-2018, 08:43 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,208 Times in 1,172 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottish View Post
Nothing will always be an ever moving target.
Hmmm.......hello, Scottish. Welcome to NOTHING.
Old 02-19-2018, 10:10 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenswing View Post
She didn't give me too hard of a time. I told her it was because of the cruise and that we're snow bound and not getting the exercise I normally would.. lol

NOTHING but a clean bill of health until next year..
It depends on the kind of day the Dr. is having. If Nothing too heavy duty is going on they are likely to take it easy on you. Maybe the patient before you looked like John Candy so a couple extra pounds is Nuthin.

Wiotte not checking in while he has his engine apart is no big concern. He loves his car. Those couple of crispy dark valves were heartbreaking and needed immediate repair. When it's running well again and Nothing else is wrong he'll be back.

First time EVER that pain medicine was requested by Mrs. John Wayne A.K.A. Mrs. Nucky but the Dr. said only an Aleve, Tylenol cocktail, Nothing more. It worked, thankfully.
Old 02-19-2018, 10:52 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abby10 View Post
Geez, W, you know NOTHING is NOTHING without you!

Keep us posted on your project with putting the NOTHINGmobile back together again. Dare I even call it that? I know how men can be with their cars.

It seems as if my original goal, which was to keep it simple stupid, fell by the wayside. I’ve decided to disassemble everything north of the firewall. I was stupid thinking I’ll have a heart attack, if I kept thinking that way, why bother doing anything ? So, I’m committed to thinking I’m 33 again and I’ll live forever. So, damn the torpedos and full NOTHING ahead ! Thanks for saying I’m an important cog in the NOTHING gear, for a gear head that’s a true compliment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-19-2018, 11:00 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
It depends on the kind of day the Dr. is having. If Nothing too heavy duty is going on they are likely to take it easy on you. Maybe the patient before you looked like John Candy so a couple extra pounds is Nuthin.

Wiotte not checking in while he has his engine apart is no big concern. He loves his car. Those couple of crispy dark valves were heartbreaking and needed immediate repair. When it's running well again and Nothing else is wrong he'll be back.

First time EVER that pain medicine was requested by Mrs. John Wayne A.K.A. Mrs. Nucky but the Dr. said only an Aleve, Tylenol cocktail, Nothing more. It worked, thankfully.

You still searching for that NOTHING de Ville ? I’m ready willing and able to cut through the grease for you brother NOTHING.

Old 02-19-2018, 11:03 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottish View Post
Nothing will always be an ever moving target.

Welcome to NOTHINGVILLE !
We’re committed to nutty nonsense and deep respect for fellow NOTHINGS. Keeps us sane in an insane world.

Old 02-20-2018, 06:44 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiotte View Post
You still searching for that NOTHING de Ville ? I’m ready willing and able to cut through the grease for you brother NOTHING.

On hold but always looking. My wife had a good point. If we had to leave the premises in a hurry wouldn't I rather have a more current vehicle? That's not Nothing. She has been keeping me out of trouble for years.

I had a 1997 Deville with only 9000 miles on it when I sold it to move down here, Nothing but a humongous regret. When the time is correct I'll take you up on that offer there Mr. Goodwrench. Until then better than Nothing.
Old 02-20-2018, 07:18 AM
Sage

Quote:

Btw, Nucky, hope Mrs. Nucky is feeling better. Saying prayers for her pain to be relieved and for a quick recovery.......and that's not NOTHING.
Old 02-20-2018, 09:29 AM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,220 Times in 752 Posts

Quote:
Blame It On The Bossa Nova! 2 or 3 lbs. I gain that just thinking about food. You should feel good about that number it's Nothing to sneeze at.

Mrs. Abby, sorry for the stones. Just observed a case of Diverticu-something last week here at the Casa. The pain is far from nothing. Both patients are ,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abby10 View Post
You know, funny you should bring that up, Nucky. We think the ER may have diagnosed my husband wrong and are thinking the diverticulosis thing as well. Hubby called the hospital today and will be going there tomorrow to pick up a copy of all his records from the ER so we can review them ourselves. The only reason we found out was because we decided to change up his meds (you know how pharmacists can be ) and lo and behold his pain went away.....if that ain't a bunch of NOTHING! Anyway, thanks for your concern.

Dear Abby10 and Nucky,

Please forgive me for “eavesdropping” and then sticking my nose into your conversation, but before I leave the house today, I must comment here because you are talking about divertic- and that got my attention.

I am not a medical person. But I have two close friends up north who have suffered from diverticulitis. One was hospitalized. Both friends got through without surgery and have done fine since by making sure fiber in the diet is a part of every day.

Diverticulosis basically means “conditions exist.” But when, and if, inflammation sets into those little intestinal pouches, that is when the diagnosis is diverticulitis. An attack of diverticulitis can be diagnosed with a scan. I saw one of the scan reports. It had the words “uncomplicated diverticulitis” — and she was sent home with very strict orders to stay on a bland diet until the attack had subsided. She was given 2 prescriptions. (I think they were Flagyl and Cipro — but please, please do not take me at my word on those meds. I am not a doctor or nurse or pharmacist or PA or NP or a receptionist in a medical office. I do not know what the meds should be or even if I am remembering correctly what she got.)

Though one of my friends was hospitalized, both got through the attacks without surgery. Each has managed, so far, to avoid another attack by making Metamucil, or some other fiber supplement, a part of their daily commitment along with a healthy diet that includes plenty of fiber rich foods.

One of my friends was told about the fiber thing when she was in an earlier attack and took that to mean she should start the fiber immediately — WRONG. That doc had said nothing about the immediate need for a bland diet during an attack. (Geez) Anyway, that bland diet often includes broth. There is bone broth available now in those boxes in the broth section. I think Pacific is the brand she used. She said the protein in the bone broth seemed to help her not to feel like she was starving as she let her intestines recover by giving them a rest. After recovery is when she started being ever faithful to fiber in her diet.

I debated this morning about whether to stick my nose in here with unsolicited “medical” advice. But I know the potential seriousness of diverticulitis. It is nothing to mess with. A scan for the definitive diagnosis is done during an attack.

You can find more information on the internet. If you type in “diverticulitis” it will take you to responsible sites like Mayo, etc.

I feel a little ridiculous, babbling on here this morning. I have never met you and I feel like I am barging in in a most public way. But I know how serious things could have become for my two friends who wrestled this condition and will have to continue to stay ahead of it.

And now, I must move forward with my day — hanging out with friends I can actually see. I wish you all the best of health. And if diverticulitis is suspected, an immediate scan might be in order.

Last edited by Boomer; 02-20-2018 at 11:15 AM. Reason: Spelling
Old 02-20-2018, 10:42 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,427 Times in 2,269 Posts

Boomer, everyone is welcome in NOTHING. When trying to help others you're even more welcome.

Metamucil has been part of our diet for years. It just makes life a little smoother.. lol

We've Got Plenty Of Youth.. What We Need Is a Fountain Of SMART!
Old 02-20-2018, 12:40 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,320 Times in 2,057 Posts

I like yogurt to keep things regular. Helps with keeping my bowels full of NOTHING all that harmful. I hear a TMI coming.
Old 02-20-2018, 12:57 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
Dear Abby10 and Nucky,

Please forgive me for “eavesdropping” and then sticking my nose into your conversation, but before I leave the house today, I must comment here because you are talking about divertic- and that got my attention.

I am not a medical person. But I have two close friends up north who have suffered from diverticulitis. One was hospitalized. Both friends got through without surgery and have done fine since by making sure fiber in the diet is a part of every day.

Diverticulosis basically means “conditions exist.” But when, and if, inflammation sets into those little intestinal pouches, that is when the diagnosis is diverticulitis. An attack of diverticulitis can be diagnosed with a scan. I saw one of the scan reports. It had the words “uncomplicated diverticulitis” — and she was sent home with very strict orders to stay on a bland diet until the attack had subsided. She was given 2 prescriptions. (I think they were Flagyl and Cipro — but please, please do not take me at my word on those meds. I am not a doctor or nurse or pharmacist or PA or NP or a receptionist in a medical office. I do not know what the meds should be or even if I am remembering correctly what she got.)

Though one of my friends was hospitalized, both got through the attacks without surgery. Each has managed, so far, to avoid another attack by making Metamucil, or some other fiber supplement, a part of their daily commitment along with a healthy diet that includes plenty of fiber rich foods.

One of my friends was told about the fiber thing when she was in an earlier attack and took that to mean she should start the fiber immediately — WRONG. That doc had said nothing about the immediate need for a bland diet during an attack. (Geez) Anyway, that bland diet often includes broth. There is bone broth available now in those boxes in the broth section. I think Pacific is the brand she used. She said the protein in the bone broth seemed to help her not to feel like she was starving as she let her intestines recover by giving them a rest. After recovery is when she started being ever faithful to fiber in her diet.

I debated this morning about whether to stick my nose in here with unsolicited “medical” advice. But I know the potential seriousness of diverticulitis. It is nothing to mess with. A scan for the definitive diagnosis is done during an attack.

You can find more information on the internet. If you type in “diverticulitis” it will take you to responsible sites like Mayo, etc.

I feel a little ridiculous, babbling on here this morning. I have never met you and I feel like I am barging in in a most public way. But I know how serious things could have become for my two friends who wrestled this condition and will have to continue to stay ahead of it.

And now, I must move forward with my day — hanging out with friends I can actually see. I wish you all the best of health. And if diverticulitis is suspected, an immediate scan might be in order.
Boomer,

Your post is NOTHING but a wonderful addition here. For not being a medical person you sure know your stuff. Very helpful information and you were spot on with the medications - I'm impressed! And equally impressed that you included a NOTHING in your post - lol.

It does get kind of personal around here at times because, in what we call NOTHINGVILLE, we have come to feel connected in a virtual kind of way and as such care about each others dilemmas. We hope to never come across as exclusionary however. Just think of us as a "town" where some people move in and out of at will and others choose to stay for the long haul. All are welcome, so come back anytime. Thanks so much for the tips and enjoy your day!
Old 02-20-2018, 01:01 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 View Post
I like yogurt to keep things regular. Helps with keeping my bowels full of NOTHING all that harmful. I hear a TMI coming.
That's okay, we're NOTHING but family here. I'm with you on the yogurt. I eat it everyday, usually for breakfast, and I add fresh berries, nuts, and some steel oats to it - yum!
Old 02-20-2018, 11:16 PM
Sage
Default The Thread About NOTHING

Let it be said, or not, that NOTHING has been said for over 10 hours. I’m not a NOTHING slacker boys. Oh yeah, and girls [emoji6].
My progress report, almost NOTHING left in the engine compartment, almost.
The Villages Florida
Tomorrow’s another day, hell, I’m retired ! [emoji847]

Back in the day I could lift that
short block out singlehanded. Nope, not anymore. I need to
rent a engine puller, then I can lift it singlehanded. Ya man.

Last edited by Wiotte; 02-20-2018 at 11:22 PM.
Old 02-20-2018, 11:26 PM
Sage
Default The Thread About NOTHING

There’s only (1) thing better than being retired, NOTHING !
Wink, wink. Nod, nod K...
BTW, they can survive without you, but, you know that already [emoji55]

Old 02-20-2018, 11:28 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,427 Times in 2,269 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiotte View Post
Let it be said, or not, that NOTHING has been said for over 10 hours. I’m not a NOTHING slacker boys. Oh yeah, and girls [emoji6].
My progress report, almost NOTHING left in the engine compartment, almost.
The Villages Florida
Tomorrow’s another day, hell, I’m retired ! [emoji847]

Back in the day I could lift that
short block out singlehanded. Nope, not anymore. I need to
rent a engine puller, then I can lift it singlehanded. Ya man.

Just make an A-frame out of a couple 4x4's and use a come-a-long.. NOTHING but backyard engineering.. lol

We've Got Plenty Of Youth.. What We Need Is a Fountain Of SMART!

Tags
thread, matters, post, requirement

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.