Worst ad on TV

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread
Old 03-22-2015, 11:47 AM
Email Reported As Spam

I can remember when the legal topic of advertising by attorneys was hotly debated by attorneys. Many were against attorneys advertising because they believed it would demean their profession. Folks will have to decide if it has but the majority of those advertising are either Law firms promoting product liability class action suits nationally or Law Firms advising that they can get you a larger settlement then an insurance company will offer you.

Obviously these type of attorney advertisers are a big turn off for me

As an article in the Daily sun pointed out today, madmen types seem to have lost their mojo for producing good advertising today with lackluster taglines, etc
Old 03-22-2015, 01:36 PM
Platinum member
Default Drug Ads

I hate all the ED, Menopause, and bladder ads. Matter of fact, I hate all the drug ads. "Ask your doctor if xxx is right for you." If my doctor doesn't know what's right for me, then I need to find a new doctor pronto.

No wonder drug prices are so outrageous. They "claim" it's because of research costs. How in the world are millions of dollars spent in TV advertising contributing to "research"?
Amarillo, TX
The Villages, FL

To quote my dad:
"I never did see a board that didn't have two sides."
Old 04-13-2015, 10:04 AM
Gold member
Location: Chicago, Des Moines, St Louis, Fort Wayne -TV Wannabe
Default Appliances Direct

Appliances Direct...however just so poorly done
Old 04-13-2015, 10:11 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,796 Times in 673 Posts

And this thread is why we are not the targeted demographic......

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 04-14-2015, 09:05 AM

Here is, in my opinion, the worst commercial on television.

In Massachusetts there is a law firm that acts as a clearing house, directing inquiries to different franchised law offices around the country for a percentage of their profits. Back in 1998 or maybe early 1999 the video post-production company that I worked for put together a TV ad for this Massachusetts law firm dealing with the evils of Mesothelioma. "If you or a loved one were exposed to asbestos you may have mesothelioma and are entitled to millions of dollars in settlement money." We made dozens of different "versions" of the same ad to run in TV markets all around the country. The only difference was the "local" phone number that appeared on the screen in each community where the ads ran. Imagine my surprise when I discovered they are still running the same exact commercials on TV in Florida 16 or 17 years later!

"Hey big law firm. You make lots of money. This is 2015. Spend a few of your bucks and make a new commercial."
Old 04-14-2015, 02:44 PM

I use my dual tuners on Directv and haven't seen a commercial in 10 years except Super Bowl. Then again I probably watch too much TV in TV.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.