BAD Lawn Service.....Where are the good ones?

Closed Thread
Old 03-31-2015, 10:13 AM
Default lawn service

WHAT EVER YOU DO DON'T GET {SERVICE SMART} THEY ARE GOING THE WAY OF STELLA, THEY SUC---------------------------------
Old 03-31-2015, 10:18 AM
Default lawn service

YES DO NOT HIRE SERVICE SMART THEY ARE THE NEW STELLA, DO NOT SHOW UP, WE WILL BE THERE, DON,T COME.
Old 03-31-2015, 10:43 AM

We use Dean's.
We use Oxford Lawn Service for mowing--call Tom at 352-446-3497. We are very pleased with him.
I hired someone to trim all of our shrubs as a one shot deal. I usually do the trimming, one side of the house at a time.
Old 03-31-2015, 10:43 AM

I use S & W mowing and couldn't be happier. 352-638-7144 or 352-461-6377. They are a couple of the local charter school kids cutting grass, like we did in the old days, to make some money. They are very respectful and hard working.
Old 03-31-2015, 01:30 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by normandy View Post
YES DO NOT HIRE SERVICE SMART THEY ARE THE NEW STELLA, DO NOT SHOW UP, WE WILL BE THERE, DON,T COME.
We used Stellar for two years. We currently use Service Smart.
We've had no problems at all with their service
And we like the fact they are a full-service company, only one point of contact, and they have an office with a person who answers the phone.
Old 03-31-2015, 04:49 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,126 Times in 2,240 Posts

We use Deans for almost 2 years, great service.
Old 03-31-2015, 05:32 PM
Sage

I've been cutting mine myself after being unsatisfied with lawn service that won't trim around donuts, scalping the lawn even though I asked it to be cut high, and paying for service in Dec., Jan, and Feb. when there is nothing new to cut. Lawn companies never sharpen their blades which is very important. A dull blade will just knock off the blade of grass leaving a ragged torn edge which will turn brown. A sharp blade will cut it cleanly. I sharpen my blade every 3 or 4 cuttings, and have one of the best looking lawns on the block every year.
Old 03-31-2015, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by linda_sears View Post
Smitty lawn and tree had never disappointed me and anyone I have recommended them to. 352-561-1999 Matt Smith
Do not hire Smitty Lawn. I tried him...terrible attitude, does not listen or care and does not know how to cut grass.
Old 03-31-2015, 06:34 PM

Sorry you feel that way Vladimir. I've been using him and recommending him for years. His work is wonderful. But looking back at your posts it seems yoy have problems with many people. Matt is the best
Old 03-31-2015, 08:33 PM
Gold member
Default Fertigator works

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post
Another Fertigator vote
Fertigator. Has brought our lawn back from the death sentence that service smart delivered. They are a growing company experiencing some issues with the growth. I am being patient for now.

"I wish I didn't know now, what I didn't know then"
-Bob Seger-
Old 04-01-2015, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by linda_sears View Post
Sorry you feel that way Vladimir. I've been using him and recommending him for years. His work is wonderful. But looking back at your posts it seems yoy have problems with many people. Matt is the best
I don't have problems with many people as you suggest, only with workers or contractors who don't do a good job. You must have low quality expectations since you like Smitty but its your lawn and your money...
Old 04-01-2015, 09:02 PM

Try Jose Salinas (352) 573-9023. Our neighbors have used him for 8 years with no problems. He's mowed ours for the last 2 weeks with no problems and he cut our tree branches down. He only charges 1/2 price Nov-Feb when he mows every other week and his monthly rate, with weekly mowing is very reasonable.
Old 04-06-2015, 08:06 AM
Gold member
Location: Philadelphia & Lower Gwynedd, PA, Ocean City, NJ, Wesley Chapel, FL and The Village of St. James

I'm also surprised with your negative comment about Smitty's Lawn Service. Have seen many lawns he does and I'm quite picky, in regards to cut, edging, blowing, etc.. I have never seen one that didn't look great. In fact, due to hubby's health issues, we just hired him. He is hard to get a hold of but I think his quality of work is far superior than most I have seen here in TV's. Sorry you had a bad experience.
Old 04-15-2015, 04:31 PM
TOTV SPONSOR
Default Capabilities of a large company with the qualities of a small one

We assign a dedicated crew for each service you have with us, that way each service gets someones full attention. Most companies expect their mow crews to cut 30 yards a day and pull every weed in each flower bed they come across. That's ridiculous and basically sets them up for failure. We pride ourselves on our reliability and quality. We offer the best routine maintenance around when it comes to weeding in the flower beds and shrub pruning. We've been around for almost ten years and aren't one of those fly by night companies. Our estimates are free so give Tate a call at (352)-502-2880.
Old 04-20-2015, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisalPhil View Post
Save yourself some trouble don't try Service Smart
May I ask why? We have been solicited by them and are looking for a reliable lawn service especially since we will be "back and forth" up north for a bit.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.