Any comments on Good Neighbor Landscapes

Any comments on Good Neighbor Landscapes

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements

Old 09-11-2019, 10:39 PM

Good Neighbor did a sub-par job, would not recommend.

Old 09-12-2019, 01:56 AM

So, it would seem that hiring door knockers is a bad idea, at least in this case. Maybe they are knocking on doors because they are not getting referrals.
Old 09-12-2019, 03:57 AM
Veteran member

After looking at another thread curretly on the board, you may want to sus out Mansfield Landscaping LLC.
Seem to have a lot of happy customers over the years.
Old 09-12-2019, 06:53 AM
Platinum member

Or, you may want to cross out Mansfield, due to the reputed temperament of the owner.
Old 09-12-2019, 06:56 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carla B View Post
Or, you may want to cross out Mansfield, due to the reputed temperament of the owner.
I totally agree.
Old 09-12-2019, 06:59 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martian View Post
So, it would seem that hiring door knockers is a bad idea, at least in this case. Maybe they are knocking on doors because they are not getting referrals.
Watch out for the guy who has "a few extra steaks" after a neighbor's delivery...………………………………… .
The Following User Says Thank You to Bogie Shooter For This Useful Post:
Old 09-12-2019, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
Watch out for the guy who has "a few extra steaks" after a neighbor's delivery...………………………………… .
HAHA! YEAH, That one has been around everywhere for ever!
Old 09-12-2019, 08:15 AM

Ditto Thumbs Down for Service Smart, Good Neighbor, or whatever they want to be called this year. Not pleased with their work when I first moved in 5 years ago. Let of reasons. All the bad news about them is well documented here on Talk Of The Villages.

One caution on landscaping stone.....be sure to give the plants and shrubs lots of breathing room thru the stone by cutting back the black weed control mat around the plants. The stone gets very hot in the sun. This alone will kill plants. I have added an couple inches of small mulch around each plant. Works well, plants now healthy after one year. I learned this after losing many plants during the past three years.
Old 09-12-2019, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davefin View Post
Ditto Thumbs Down for Service Smart, Good Neighbor, or whatever they want to be called this year. Not pleased with their work when I first moved in 5 years ago. Let of reasons. All the bad news about them is well documented here on Talk Of The Villages.

One caution on landscaping stone.....be sure to give the plants and shrubs lots of breathing room thru the stone by cutting back the black weed control mat around the plants. The stone gets very hot in the sun. This alone will kill plants. I have added an couple inches of small mulch around each plant. Works well, plants now healthy after one year. I learned this after losing many plants during the past three years.
Thank you, that sounds like great advice!
Old 09-12-2019, 08:56 AM
Sage

I used Terrascape in 2011 when my CYV was new and I just had them come and do a refresh yesterday. Four guys all experienced landscapers made a complete overhaul of my front yard. Rocks, new plants, new irrigation, power wash landscape boulders and retaining wall, trim two palms of which one Sylvester had never been trimmed, looks like a new tree. I couldn't be more pleased, price was $1900. They're on Hwy 301 just south of Rainey Trail. They have their own nursery on premises. Call and ask for Megan and she'll draw a layout and give you a free estimate.

Terrascape | Nursery and Landscaping for The Villages, Florida

Tags
ding, arc, comments, landscapes, good