Just fired Deans Services

Closed Thread
Old 07-16-2015, 03:58 PM
Default Just fired Deans Services

Deans Services: I've only had them for about 2 months, with a contract for weekly cutting. It's now been three weeks and my lawn still hasn't been cut. I realize that the weather hasn't been cooperating with all the rain, but still, 3 weeks.

Time to move on to another service. Any recommendations? Please don't recommend Service Smart as I fired them as well.

Thanks

Ronace
Old 07-16-2015, 04:40 PM
Veteran member
Default Dean's

Did you call them and complain? I've had problems with Dean's but found them always quick to respond and fix the situation.

I also have Dean's under contract regular fertilization, weed and insect control. My gripe with their service has to do with communication. I shouldn't have to call for answers when my lawn starts looking sick, brown, spotty or whatever. They should be telling me what's happening and why. This is what a top-notch lawn maintenance company would do -- if a top-notch company actually does exist in this area. From what I read on TOTV, none of them are exceptional.
Old 07-16-2015, 04:44 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,279 Times in 2,293 Posts

I have Deans also, for over 2 years now, and I agree with the above comments. have never had a problem with lawn cutting. Did have a problem with fertilization which was fixed immediately, as well as some follow-up work.
I do agree that they could be more proactive with the lawns, some of my neighbors are looking better then mine, I will be calling if this continues....
Old 07-16-2015, 05:10 PM

I also just FIRED Dean`s today also had them since December called several times about weeds and mole crickets. The final straw ran the lawn mower wheel down my white vinyl siding emailed called no response.
Old 07-16-2015, 05:14 PM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

Don Haren - a Villager - 352.552.8446
Each of his crews is great!

Old 07-16-2015, 06:20 PM
Gold member

No one really cares. There is so much business they just move on. Deans is as bad as the rest.
Old 07-17-2015, 01:25 AM
Veteran member

I also have Deans for almost 2 years now and I totally agree with all the above comments. I too, am looking for someone else. The guys that use the ride mower and blower every two weeks is in and out is less than 3 minutes. They never pick up any leaves that have fallen all over the lawn from the one tree I have. My lawn has big brown spots and looks like clumps have been taken out. They are supposed to be trimming hedges but in 6 months I have never seen anyone out there trimming anything. I'm tired of calling them to ask them to check on and fix something. I feel they should be telling me what's wrong and either fix it or tell me what I need to do.
Old 07-17-2015, 04:09 AM
Veteran member
Location: Reading, Pa, The Villages, Reading, Pa, The Villages until the end.

I also fired Dean's today after they treated our lawn and left the receipt with a note "Lawn is looking great, keep watering twice a week for 45 minutes each segment."

Every week we are getting more and more brown spots, so our lawn is not "Looking Great".
Old 07-17-2015, 04:37 AM

Does anyone know what these brown dead looking areas are & what is causing
them?
Old 07-17-2015, 05:32 AM
Default Root Rot

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisalPhil View Post
Does anyone know what these brown dead looking areas are & what is causing
them?
In my case it's looking to be something called "root rot." The swale area at the lowest point between houses that is brown and sparse is actually the result of overwatering. It's not so much how many minutes it gets watered at once, but that it never dries out properly. The grass is basically drowning.

Let's say I water on Sunday and Thursday and my neighbor waters on Tuesday and Saturday. Then it rains once or twice during the week. That's 5-6 times in a week that that area gets wet. Then doesn't dry out properly. Especially in that swale area the water doesn't drain away well and the soil doesn't absorb well either. The grass that looks like it needs water is actually getting too much watering. Again, it's not how many minutes at once so much, but the fact that it never gets to dry out properly.

For me, it's a work in progress.
Old 07-17-2015, 05:59 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Deans !!! What are you doing, please respond to these complaints... I know you monitor TOTV, please tell us you're not turning into just another non responsive, not caring lawn service. My contract expires in three days, not sure if I will continue based on these complaints. I could be next !
Old 07-17-2015, 06:37 AM

Ditto with Deans after 2 months...moved on to Heron lawn and pest and to The Perfect Mow for lawn cutting...
Old 07-17-2015, 07:05 AM

Yikes! what is going on? I also have Deans. Went with them because they are a good company who pay their employees well enough not to have turn over. I noticed that my regular guys are no longer coming and I'm not happy either, nor is my landscaper, (who weeded, fertilized and cut my palms for me). I think this may be a company growth issue? In any case it's too much money not to be happy with the results and communication. I know others who are ready to give up on them as well. Sure hope they figure this out and fast.
Old 07-17-2015, 07:13 AM
Platinum member
Default Growth issue?

I get the feeling it may be growth problems and still providing quality service. Too bad they feel a need to continually grow. I know they are all over central Florida for full service pest control and termite. Hope they correct the problem.
Old 07-17-2015, 07:13 AM

I have left Dean's and moved to Falcon Lawn & Pest. Todd Rose is their representative and was great to work with. They are a one-stop shop and you can use as many or as few of their services as you wish. Tell Todd that Doug sent you.
Closed Thread

Tags
weeks, service, deans, services, fired, ronace, move, time, rain, recommend, recommendations, cooperating, smart, cutting, weekly, contract, months, realize, cut, lawn, weather

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.