Just fired Deans Services

Closed Thread
Old 07-17-2015, 08:45 AM

I fired Massey 1 year ago and have been pleased with Dean's for fertilization, weed, and pest control.

We use Oxford Lawn for grass cutting - Tom O'Brien is the owner - 352-446-3497. He always tells me if I need to call Dean's.

You really need to call whoever does your fertilization when something needs attention. They always come out that day or the next day after I call.
Old 07-17-2015, 09:13 AM
Investment Painting Contractors Investment Painting Contractors is offline
TOTV SPONSOR
Default Chihch bugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisalPhil View Post
Does anyone know what these brown dead looking areas are & what is causing
them?
When I got home from traveling I found a large brown patch in my lawn. My Massey man Bryon checked and found chinch bugs, he treated the lawn to kill the bugs and has fertilized every week for three weeks. The spots are filling in quickly. There was no charge or repeat phone calls necessary.

Len & Mary
Old 07-17-2015, 11:01 AM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,313 Times in 546 Posts

Much depends on the crew you have. Given the heat and wages they pay, its very difficult to keep employees on a long term basics.

I'm no expert. But in the last nine years I've had several knowledgeable people in the business tell me that the zoysia grass most of us have is a grass difficult for all the "experts" to deal with. I believe that is true. Again, I'm not making excuses for poor service, like "Friday" says---just the facts!

I have a good friend who lives in Lynnhaven (about 10 years) and his Saint Augustine yard always looks great. That area of TV is the last Augustine that was used in TV.
Old 07-17-2015, 12:07 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by msfooter View Post
I have left Dean's and moved to Falcon Lawn & Pest.
We started using Falcon Lawn & Pest on June 1, because they offer one-stop shopping, and that's important to us.
Fingers crossed.
Old 07-17-2015, 04:29 PM
Sage
Default Just fired Deans Services

I would recommend using Deans for pest control, lawn and shrub fertilization, termite control, etc. They are just exceptional at these services and we have been very pleased with them since we purchased our home a little over 3 years ago. If you have a problem, they will fix it without question. I arrange for a supervisor to visit with me 2-3 times per year to discuss concerns and progress. I have nothing but praise for Deans. For lawn mowing I use D&J Bakers. They are responsive and accountable.
Old 07-19-2015, 07:31 AM

Scott and Ron at Total Lawn Maintenance have done a great job for us at both of our houses. There is no contract - you will receive a monthly bill. Scott wants your lawn to look good because he wants to keep you as a customer and he knows if you are not happy he loses you. Have I mentioned that his prices are reasonable too - phone number is 352-267-2921

PS - I too fired Service Smart - many phone calls didn't do much good!
Old 07-19-2015, 12:12 PM

We've been happy with Deans so far. We feel fortunate to be with a reliable company after a couple nightmare experiences with other lawn maintenance companies.
Old 07-20-2015, 01:01 PM

We started with Massey when we bought in January. When we arrived in April, we were unhappy with the condition of the lawn and fired them.

On the advice of neighbors, we hired Florida Pest Control for pest and fertilization. They found our Ph was out of whack, and treated with sulfur. Now the lawn looks great.

We also hired The Perfect Mow, and are very satisfied. In fact the owner, Luis Perez, once flagged us down to ask if we had keys to the neighbor's house. We did. He stated the lawn was very dry, could we check the sprinkler system for him. The system had lost all settings due to a power outage.
Old 07-20-2015, 05:32 PM

Very satisfied with Deans so far. They have actually managed to effectively repair my former Service Smart butchered and neglected lawn which I had feared was damaged beyond repair.
Old 07-20-2015, 05:52 PM

Can you give me their phone nos. please?
Old 07-20-2015, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dloridami View Post
can you give me their phone nos. Please?
352-787-5300
Old 07-22-2015, 04:19 PM
Sage
Thanked 12,944 Times in 4,145 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by The20Percent View Post
Very satisfied with Deans so far. They have actually managed to effectively repair my former Service Smart butchered and neglected lawn which I had feared was damaged beyond repair.
And I probably have the worst lawn in my village. However, I don't see the issue as Dean's fault. There is something going on with soil compaction, drainage and grading, pH, and/or a bad lot of sod originally. Dean's has been working to fix the problem. Many neighbors use Dean's and have beautiful lawns, so I guess my point is that a sub-optimal lawn is not necessarily the fault of the lawn service. Even the original builder (house built 1 1/2 years ago) and home warranty are pointing the finger their way---but how could that be?--they just don't like me, but like my neighbor???? Dean's has a reliable history, are not fly-by-night operators, and certainly they don't want anyone to have a bad lawn with their truck parked out front. And no, I don't work for them and I am not a paid spokesperson.
Old 07-22-2015, 07:20 PM
Sage

Initially we had a relatively sad lawn and the first few treatments didn't seem to help. Deans sent a supervisor out for a consultation. He took a soil sample and found that there were very few nutrients in the soil. The sod had been laid on sand. Two years later there is still a ways to go - but I now have one of the best looking lawns in the neighborhood. Deans has done a a fabulous job for us. Great customer and value added services. (I am not an employee, owner, or otherwise related to Deans.)
Old 07-22-2015, 08:14 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickeyD View Post
Deans !!! What are you doing, please respond to these complaints... I know you monitor TOTV, please tell us you're not turning into just another non responsive, not caring lawn service. My contract expires in three days, not sure if I will continue based on these complaints. I could be next !
Are you having problems now? Why would you cancel due to someone else having issues. The reason I like deans is no contract. Our previous guy didn't come our for three months, the company required up front payment for one year. If you call deans they will come. I had the worst lawn on the block. It's improved two fold
Old 07-30-2015, 04:53 PM

This is funny as they're the only ones I've heard anything good about.
Closed Thread

Tags
weeks, service, deans, services, fired, ronace, move, time, rain, recommend, recommendations, cooperating, smart, cutting, weekly, contract, months, realize, cut, lawn, weather

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.