Lawn Services and Rain

Lawn Services and Rain

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread

Lawn Services and Rain
Old 09-04-2018, 01:19 PM

Default Lawn Services and Rain

Just got off the phone with the folks who mow our yard. We are contracted for a Monday mowing and they didn't come yesterday. She informed me they worked yesterday but I told her they didn't do our yard. She then said we had rain and they don't work in the rain. I'm not aware of rain yesterday morning or early afternoon when they usually come. I said I would deduct a mowing from next month's bill which will arrive the first of October. She said they didn't credit for rain days and we still owed the same amount. We had an issue earlier this year and missed two consecutive weeks because of rain. Do other folks have the same problem? Thanks.

Old 09-04-2018, 01:22 PM
Sage

Yes, be happy you have someone to mow--with the rapid expansion of TV, be happy you can get anyone to cut your lawn--our service ,just dropped 80 customers
Sponsored Links
Old 09-04-2018, 01:28 PM
Platinum member

You need to be flexible and realize that these folks work very hard for not a whole lot of money. You don't want your grass cut while it is wet. The current weather situation will change and they will be able to get back on schedule. You are not their only customer. If you are otherwise happy with their service, I would suggest you not threaten to withhold a weeks cutting otherwise you may be looking for someone new to cut your grass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeyephan View Post
Just got off the phone with the folks who mow our yard. We are contracted for a Monday mowing and they didn't come yesterday. She informed me they worked yesterday but I told her they didn't do our yard. She then said we had rain and they don't work in the rain. I'm not aware of rain yesterday morning or early afternoon when they usually come. I said I would deduct a mowing from next month's bill which will arrive the first of October. She said they didn't credit for rain days and we still owed the same amount. We had an issue earlier this year and missed two consecutive weeks because of rain. Do other folks have the same problem? Thanks.
Old 09-04-2018, 02:02 PM

Our service just does it on another day.
Old 09-04-2018, 04:12 PM
Sage

If the lawn is too wet our company will not use a rider, will return couple days later. If it’s really out of control they will use a walk behind. One day of rain puts them behind, for the day think about how much rain we have had just in the last week

Then again it does not rain in some Villages and pours in others.
Old 09-04-2018, 05:14 PM
Platinum member

Most services charge by the month. As long as your grass doesn't get too long, you should be happy they are keeping up with the growth.
Old 09-05-2018, 05:42 AM
Veteran member

Ours will fit it in later in the week, but it is always done.
Old 09-05-2018, 05:55 AM

Buckey are you new to The Villages? It rains a lot around here. Waiting for your grass to get cut is normal here. Unless your paying a hefty sum to get yours cut on a regular basis no matter what. When it gets cooler out they don't cut the grass every week. Hence a reasonable $ per month all year
Old 09-05-2018, 06:04 AM
Soaring Eagle member

My grass is done on Thursdays unless it rains. I have the same Company for 7 years now. I don't have to ask them to do anything special they see something they do it. Pay my bill 2 months at a time and when my yard is done I have Ice Cold Drinks ready for them. Be patient cutting wet grass especially the way it's been raining is a no no
Old 09-05-2018, 08:23 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeyephan View Post
I understand how you feel and had the same feelings myself. I am on our second company and work with them now.

In New Jersey, we paid $45 per cut, in The Villages we pay $45 per month. I didn't really understand the way it works here until a neighbor explained that it is taken for granted that you pay the full freight year round because of the price being so reasonable.

The condition of my property this very day breaks my heart, it is a disgrace. We just got home after 2 months and I can tell you for sure that they do a better job when your home than when your not. I can't ever see the trays on the ground that the water runs from the downspouts.

Still, I'm grateful for our gang and they are polite and work hard under rough conditions. Water supplied to them constantly. All I have to do is talk to them about the shortcomings and they resolve the problem quickly.

Hang in there OP, I know it's not easy to accept all the new ways of the south but you will not change the policy of your company.
Closed Thread

Tags
rain, yesterday, mowing, folks, yard