allergy/sinus problems

Closed Thread
Old 11-09-2012, 10:17 AM
Red face allergy/sinus problems

Anyone out there currently suffering from abnormally high allergy/sinus problems?
Old 11-09-2012, 01:32 PM
Gold member

Yep !!
Old 11-09-2012, 02:06 PM
Sage

Yes!!
Old 11-09-2012, 04:15 PM
Veteran member

Go try The Salt room in the Kohl's plaza on 441. The first visit is $20. Cleared up the respiratory system really well. Can't say enough about it. You can google The Salt Room The Villages and get the info and understanding of the process. Really effective and sooooo gentle and peaceful! Sleeping through the night again Yay!!

LW888
Old 11-09-2012, 04:26 PM
Gold member
Location: Philadelphia & Lower Gwynedd, PA, Ocean City, NJ, Wesley Chapel, FL and The Village of St. James

Both mine and my hubby's are both terrible. I think if I get time I will definitely try the Salt Room. Thanks for posting, I forgort about it.
Old 11-09-2012, 04:32 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightworker888 View Post
Go try The Salt room in the Kohl's plaza on 441. The first visit is $20. Cleared up the respiratory system really well. Can't say enough about it. You can google The Salt Room The Villages and get the info and understanding of the process. Really effective and sooooo gentle and peaceful! Sleeping through the night again Yay!!

LW888
Please tell us about the salt room? I don't know what this is.
Thanks.
Bossier City, Louisiana
Salt Lake City & Ogden, Utah
The Villages, Florida
Old 11-09-2012, 07:09 PM
Default allgeries

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitro View Post
Anyone out there currently suffering from abnormally high allergy/sinus problems?
I have had two sinus infection's within 4 months... Hope this is the last .
Old 11-09-2012, 07:39 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightworker888 View Post
LW888
LW, I googled it and read the information on the website, but I would love to hear of your experiences with the salt room. Specifically, how large is the room? It looks claustrophobic to me. I'm guessing that it doesn't have windows? Are you alone, or are other people in there with you? If so, do you just chit chat with each other while you're in there? What's the temperature like? Is it chilly, or is it like a sauna? What do you wear? Is there anyting else we should know?
Thanks!
Bossier City, Louisiana
The Villages, Florida
Old 11-09-2012, 10:09 PM
Eternal Member

Due to climate change (yep, it's true) - certain allergy sufferers are in misery. 1. Allergy shots work...but, it takes a couple of years. 2. The longer you deal with sinusitis you WILL develop polyps in your sinuses. The fix is surgery. It works...still it's surgery. 3. Salt water treatments will provide short term relief....but, allergies are a chronic problem. If it's a cold or an occasional problem...use this band aid - but, if it's a problem you deal with every year and you are suffering...see an allergist...get a scratch test...and if she/he advises shots...get them.

When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.
Hunter S. Thompson
Old 11-09-2012, 10:28 PM
Platinum member

[QUOTE=Geewiz;579015] Due to climate change (yep, it's true) - certain allergy sufferers are in misery. . . . [QUOTE]

I just read this today: Allergies from Pollen Projected to Intensify with Climate Change | Observations, Scientific American Blog Network
Bossier City, Louisiana
The Villages, Florida
Old 11-09-2012, 10:49 PM
Gold member

Been miserable for better than a month. I am currently taking my 3rd dose of antibiotics and I think this batch may to the trick.. keeping my fingers crossed. I truly did not want another session of meds but day after day I felt awful. Do plan to check out the Salt Room. Also have a full week of a daily dose of local honey & will continue year round if need be. Good luck to all who are suffering...feel better soon.
Old 11-09-2012, 10:51 PM
Gold member
Default Allergies

You might want to check the thread about Honey from Hives that are close to The Villages. See folks at the local farmer's markets about where the honey they sell comes from. Some folks claim that local honey helps for allergies to pollen from our area.
Old 11-09-2012, 11:23 PM
Veteran member

The Salt Room is a specially designed room that is covered floor to ceiling and on the floor and ceiling in a salt. Then salt is pumped into the room so you are breathing the salt deep into your respiratory system. It like a salt cave in the mines that was documented in the 1800's as being beneficial for health. The miners never had respiratory issues like the coal miners and were always healthy.

The room has 6 zero gravity chairs and the room is designed to hold up to 6 people. They play soft music and lower the lights so most times I go off to sleep for 45 minutes or meditate. A couple of times there have been people using their iphones to surf but not to talk or maybe they were reading. Sometimes it has just been me and my DH. It is really relaxing and very beneficial.

I have a history of hayfever and was in that mode when I left Canada mid September. When I got here I went into a major coughing thing and it was only the Salt Room therapy that has cleared it out. The Salt is an antiviral and an antibacterial so it gets rid of the pathogens. Allergies is a sign of an overactive immune system so it seems to help the system get back into balance. I met an older fellow who had leukemia and was a sax player and could not play until he had the salt treatment. and another COPD fellow who had been on 2 litres of oxygen was now down to 1.5 after 4 visits!

DH and I both have a respiratory history and we are both sleeping better and coughing much less. It seems that we are cleansing at a deeper level now and I am hoping to clean out my bronchials and lungs after a lifetime of annual respiratory challenges.

BTW if you are on antibiotics, check out increasing your gut flora so you can reestablish a good balance. You can get acidophilus at Lake Nutrition and possibly Publix, though I haven't checked that out.

Hope this helps.

LW888
Old 11-11-2012, 03:11 PM
Sage

Just happened to look at the Groupon site today and the Salt room is running a special ... One 45 minute treatment for $20 or 3 for $55. Offer good through midnight tonight.

Just an FYI for those who use this service or are thinking about it.
Old 01-03-2013, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uujudy View Post
LW, I googled it and read the information on the website, but I would love to hear of your experiences with the salt room. Specifically, how large is the room? It looks claustrophobic to me. I'm guessing that it doesn't have windows? Are you alone, or are other people in there with you? If so, do you just chit chat with each other while you're in there? What's the temperature like? Is it chilly, or is it like a sauna? What do you wear? Is there anyting else we should know?
Thanks!
I have been to The Salt Room several times for my allergies and cough. It does help with both. There are two, fairly large salt rooms for adults and one salt room for children. There are no windows, and the floor, walls, and ceiling are all salt. It is cool and they provide blankets if you desire. There are four or five other zero gravity chairs in the room, and usually everyone is quiet, reading or relaxing while the compressor pumps salt into the room. The lights are low and there is soft music. Very Relaxing and healing!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.