Dental x-rays

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread
Old 02-10-2011, 06:18 PM
Default Dental x-rays

Is there a law that says you have to have dental x-rays every year? Seems like it just is another expense. Last time I told them no, not this trip and you would think I committed a sin. How often do you have it done? I know that x-rays sometimes find problems but I would think every two or three years would be sufficient?
Old 02-10-2011, 07:38 PM

Struck a cord with me. At my previous dentist's, I went in for a routine teeth cleaning, and when I said no to xrays, the hygenist refused to clean my teeth. Said I had to have xrays. Told her no thanks, left, and never went back.

Found a new dentist immediately, and only get xrays every two to three years but absolutely no pressure. If I say no, it's accepted without question.
Old 02-11-2011, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chacam View Post
Is there a law that says you have to have dental x-rays every year? Seems like it just is another expense. Last time I told them no, not this trip and you would think I committed a sin. How often do you have it done? I know that x-rays sometimes find problems but I would think every two or three years would be sufficient?
There is NO such law. Last year I made my Dentist remove the sign in her waiting room indicating that Bite Wing x rays are required annually by Florida Law. This was confirmed with the State of Florida.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.