Dentists

Closed Thread
Old 05-05-2008, 05:01 AM
Default Re: Dentists

We got to Dr. Barnes behind Laurel Manor Rec Center. Good so far and prices are so so...
Most of our close neighbors go to him and have positive comments. Good luck with your venture. ;D
Old 06-09-2008, 07:49 PM

I ALSO WENT TO VILLAGE DENTAL,BY THE WAY HE LIVES IN THE VILLAGES, WANTED TWO LOSE IMPLANTS REMOVED, AFTER COMPLETE FULL MOUTH PHOTO'S AND EXAM, WHICH HE SAID I NEEDED??????? AND $275.00, I WENT BACK TO GO OVER MY PHOTO'S, I GET A SECT. NOT THE DENTIST, SHE SAYS I NEED OTHER WORK I DID NOT ASK FOR AND A TOTAL BILL OF $38,497 DOLLARS, I ASKED WHAT ABOUT THE LOST IMPLANTS, HE WILL SEND YOU TO ANOTHER DENTIST FOR THAT. I TOOK MY PHOTO'S AND LEFT.
Old 06-09-2008, 07:50 PM

HAS ANYONE GONE TO MAGNOLIA DENTAL IN SUMMERFIELD????
Old 06-15-2008, 12:03 AM
Veteran member

Anyone familiar with James Costello? He has 3 offices in the area.
Old 06-15-2008, 12:15 AM
Eternal Member
Send a message via AIM to barb1191

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff
I refused to go back to Laurel Dental and was fortunate to find Dr Kathleen Williams in her new offices of Palm Ridge Dental on CR 101. She was a breath of fresh air. She took the time to listen to my compaints, and, deducted that the crown was not ground down to fit properly and it was causing discomfort with my other teeth which were not meeting correctly. She found the answer to my problem, charged me a price that even I could afford, and is now my regular dentist is addition to Dr Bonner. Would I recommend my retired Navy dentist - no way. Would I recommend Dr Williams - you bet your bippy I would.
Dr Kathleen Williams gets my vote as well. Since moving to TV in 2002, Dr Williams' office was in Southern Trace which was closest to our home, and I sure hit it lucky the very first attempt to have chosen her. Yes, she is extremely compassionate, caring, gentle and within budget. Highly recommend her and her staff.

barb

Most people walk in and out of your life, but FRIENDS leave footprints in your heart.

"Being kind is more important than being right." By Andy Rooney
Old 06-15-2008, 12:24 AM
Eternal Member

I really like Dr. Seabrook way up north in Mulbarry. It's quite a trip for me, but worth it. He gives the most painless shots ever. And an associate, Dr. Mousa, is doing some implants on me and seems very, very good.

And it's Munc"L"e, not Munc"I"e
Old 06-18-2008, 11:05 AM

I went for an initial visit to Magnolia Dental yesterday. My appointment was at 1:00PM. At 2:00, I went to the window and asked the girl if she had any idea how much longer I would have to wait. Her answer was that all of the rooms were occupied with patients and they were really busy. She asked me if I wanted to cancel and re-schedule. I told her I would cancel and find another dentist.

For whatever it is worth.
Old 07-25-2008, 01:41 PM

Can you stand one more Village Dental horror story?

At my first appointment, almost 4 years ago, they told me I needed roughly $17,000 work done to replace crowns, etc., to make my teeth more presentable. This wasn't required work, just to make all my crowns the exact same color. I told them they were crazy and that wasn't going to happen. However, they were close and golf cart accessible, so I kept using them for cleanings.

About 2 1/2 years ago, Dr. Barnett did do a root canal on an injured tooth, but I was astonished at the number of legal releases I had to sign for him to do the work. These were given to me AFTER I was in the chair and numbed. As I retired legal secretary of many years, I kept thinking that this guy must have been sued a lot to require this many releases. Last time I saw him.

Back to Village Dental. About a year ago, I was told I needed two additional crowns, for a total of approximately $2,500 (no - not front teeth). Also, if I didn't move quickly, I'd probably need root canals on both of those teeth IN ADDITION to the crowns. When I went for my next cleaning, they seemed hostile because I hadn't and wouldn't make an appointment for the crowns.

I had my first appointment with Dr. Kathleen Williams this past week. What a refreshing change! She and her hygienist told me repeatedly what nice crowns I had and what good condition my teeth were in. I left there feeling like I'd had one of the best cleanings I'd had in a long time. Her fees were, in my opinion, very reasonable. I would highly recommend Dr. Williams!
Old 07-25-2008, 02:01 PM

I agree with your assessment of Dr. Williams. First class service at a reasonable cost.

I too had a similar experience with Village Dental. Went twice and never went back. Mine was going to cost $25,000.
Old 09-02-2008, 06:04 PM

Does anyone have the new phone number for Dr. Kathleen Williams?

TIA
Old 09-02-2008, 11:30 PM

She's great. Unless her number has recently changed, it is 352-391-9930.
Old 09-20-2008, 05:00 PM

We had the same experience with Village Dental except they wanted $36,000 for my husband's dental work. Needless to say we moved on quickly. We've been very happy with Laurel Manor Dental. Dr. Barnes has recently left the practice to teach at University of Florida but Dr. Beecher and Dr. Still are still with the practice.
Old 09-25-2008, 05:04 PM

Since moving here in July '07 I kept putting off finding a dentist. I cannot tell you have many times I have read this Forum trying to make a decision. I finally took the plunge and today I had an appointment with Dr. Kelly Leaird. I walked away extremely pleased. The hygentist, Linda, was fantastic and I really liked the dentist. Of course it helped that I had a good checkup, but at least now I have found someone I like and can trust in case something develops.

Thanks to TOTV which always helps me make an informed decision.
Old 10-16-2008, 01:17 PM

MSNPA -(or anyone else who would like to contribute)

Would you be willing to share what Dr. Leaird's office charged for a cleaning? My husband recently went to a dentist and only saw the hygenist. She cleaned his teeth and the charge was $102. This is much higher than we are used to paying in Ohio and I am wondering if this is "standard" for FL or if we can find someone more reasonable.

Thanks -

Mary Lou
Old 10-16-2008, 06:57 PM

Mary Lou,
The visit cost me $217.00; much more expensive than I ever paid in Pennsylvania. This charge was for the examination, cleaning and total mouth xrays. I was with the hygentist for a longer period of time, but Dr. Leaird did examine my teeth. Although costly it was important to me that I was comfortable and I was during the entire visit.
Good Luck!

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.