Has anyone else noticed?

Closed Thread
Old 08-11-2021, 09:38 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,319 Times in 501 Posts
Default Has anyone else noticed?

On the Florida Covid dashboard website there is a chart reflecting a bunch of information. What I thought interesting was a couple of points which likely mean nothing but still a coincidence?

According to the chart as the vaccinations went up the infection cases went up also. Sure there is always an answer, but still curious.
Also found interesting is that Sumter Co. had the lowest infection total of all counties in FL.

http://ww11.doh.state.fl.us/comm/_pa...ata_latest.pdf

Also, fully vaccinated in FL:

50-59 = 69%
60-64 = 78%
65+ = 85%

I know it's going against the trending nature to have positive information on here, but..........

Last edited by MDLNB; 08-11-2021 at 09:43 AM.
Old 08-11-2021, 10:12 AM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,680 Times in 1,781 Posts

CDC adjusts Florida COVID-19 numbers after health department call-out | Fox News

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Old 08-11-2021, 11:13 AM

[QUOTE=MDLNB;1987263]On the Florida Covid dashboard website there is a chart reflecting a bunch of information. What I thought interesting was a couple of points which likely mean nothing but still a coincidence?

According to the chart as the vaccinations went up the infection cases went up also. Sure there is always an answer, but still curious.
Also found interesting is that Sumter Co. had the lowest infection total of all counties in FL.

My observations from this data:

- The weekly cases in Florida bottomed out in the week of June 11 while the weekly vaccine doses administered in Florida bottomed out in week of July 2. I'll go out on a limb and speculate that the increase in vaccine doses is in response to people seeing the case counts increase and the changing their mind about getting the vaccine. Chicken and egg thing. The same characteristic can be seen in the national data where the 7-day moving average of cases bottomed out and started increasing on June 19, and the 7-day moving average of people receiving the first dose bottomed out and started increasing on July 7: CDC COVID Data Tracker

- Sumter county has the lowest case rates in the last week of this data as you observe. It also has the fourth highest vaccinated percentage. Sure supports that vaccines prevent the pox.
Old 08-11-2021, 11:26 AM
Sage

[QUOTE=Aacosner;1987313]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MDLNB View Post
On the Florida Covid dashboard website there is a chart reflecting a bunch of information. What I thought interesting was a couple of points which likely mean nothing but still a coincidence?

My observations from this data:

- The weekly cases in Florida bottomed out in the week of June 11 while the weekly vaccine doses administered in Florida bottomed out in week of July 2. I'll go out on a limb and speculate that the increase in vaccine doses is in response to people seeing the case counts increase and the changing their mind about getting the vaccine. Chicken and egg thing. The same characteristic can be seen in the national data where the 7-day moving average of cases bottomed out and started increasing on June 19, and the 7-day moving average of people receiving the first dose bottomed out and started increasing on July 7: CDC COVID Data Tracker

- Sumter county has the lowest case rates in the last week of this data as you observe. It also has the fourth highest vaccinated percentage. Sure supports that vaccines prevent the pox.

Yep, sure looks that way.
Old 08-11-2021, 05:23 PM

The vaccines were never meant to provide protection in the first place, just reduce the symptoms and severity of the virus. But that makes it all the more imperative that everyone is vaccinated so there is no body left to "shed" the virus to. Or at least won't cause death or serious complications. This is all about limiting damage, or damage control, to use a PR term and not really about stopping COVID because it's here to stay, unfortunately.
Old 08-11-2021, 05:27 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Escape Artist View Post
The vaccines were never meant to provide protection in the first place, just reduce the symptoms and severity of the virus. But that makes it all the more imperative that everyone is vaccinated so there is no body left to "shed" the virus to. Or at least won't cause death or serious complications. This is all about limiting damage, or damage control, to use a PR term and not really about stopping COVID because it's here to stay, unfortunately.
Hmmm..maybe that’s the way it’s turning out but I don’t recall that being the original intent and expectation of the vax.
Old 08-11-2021, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villageswimmer View Post
Hmmm..maybe that’s the way it’s turning out but I don’t recall that being the original intent and expectation of the vax.
I do. I distinctly remember hearing Fauci say that even though you were fully vaccinated you could still carry the virus and shed it to others. Then he had to kinda walk it back because people started doubting the vaccines' effectiveness and questioning why should they bother with the vaccines if they could still get COVID. Same with wearing the masks - I'm sure if the CDC had its druthers it would have kept the mask mandate even for fully vaccinated people given their knowledge of the vaccines and that COVID was likely to mutate.

But a lot of this is a PR game and the end goal is to get as many people on board with the vaccinations as possible. Sometimes you have to wield the stick and the carrot - there was plenty of "stick" coming from all quarters last year so they wanted to reward those who had gotten the jabs.
Old 08-11-2021, 06:59 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,445 Times in 580 Posts

Quote:

http://ww11.doh.state.fl.us/comm/_pa...ata_latest.pdf

Also, fully vaccinated in FL:

50-59 = 69%
60-64 = 78%
65+ = 85%

I know it's going against the trending nature to have positive information on here, but..........
And today there was an anti vaccine anti mask protest Sumter Landing by Villagers 4 *********** for mandatory inoculation which I don’t see as an issue yet.
Old 08-12-2021, 06:55 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dana1963 View Post
And today there was an anti vaccine anti mask protest Sumter Landing by Villagers 4 *********** for mandatory inoculation which I don’t see as an issue yet.

What does this have to do with the thread subject? Is it really necessary to make this political?
Old 08-12-2021, 07:01 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,054 Times in 1,037 Posts

i heard some Dr. on tv mention the process of 'shedding' after you get vaccinated
Old 08-12-2021, 07:06 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by PugMom View Post
i heard some Dr. on tv mention the process of 'shedding' after you get vaccinated

Like a snake shedding it's skin?
Old 08-12-2021, 07:09 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,054 Times in 1,037 Posts

Quote:
Like a snake shedding it's skin?
Old 08-12-2021, 07:11 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,112 Times in 4,223 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PugMom View Post
Well, here's the story: There is a ton about this virus and its mutations that we just don't know. Therefore, on this site, we have many "google medical experts" giving their amateur opinions, which is exactly what they are. For kicks and giggles, I just "googled" COVID and got 262 million hits! I'm sure everyone can find a reference for any outlandish opinion they believe to be true, regardless of how bizarre or stupid it is. And that's both the allure and danger of "googling" something----it gives the ILLUSION of expertise where none exists, and so the "debate" will go on. This illusion has become so pervasive that there are now posters "arguing" with the CDC, the NIH, the Florida DOH, etc. truly believing that they are correct and the experts are wrong! The only question that remains in my mind is whether that type of thinking can be accurately diagnosed as narcissism as opposed to simply delusional.
Old 08-12-2021, 07:23 AM

ICU's are filling up in Florida and families are losing loved ones, what was your question?
Old 08-12-2021, 07:34 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy1 View Post
ICU's are filling up in Florida and families are losing loved ones, what was your question?

ICUs are used all the time and families have been losing loved ones since the beginning of time. Who were you addressing your question to regarding a question?
Closed Thread

Tags
infection, interesting, chart, counties, cases

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.