Hearing aid made by Eargo

Closed Thread
Old 02-17-2020, 12:00 PM

They are so high tech but they cannot reach a profound loss? These are one size fits all amplifiers, not quality aids, and sent through the mail.
Old 02-18-2020, 10:28 AM
Sage
Cool

According the audiologist they are NOT amplifiers

They have 16 channels, amplifiers do not.

You appear to be repeating what local dealers say who from my understanding are incorrect.

I ordered a pair we'll see how they work, I can return them

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauriemosher View Post
They are so high tech but they cannot reach a profound loss? These are one size fits all amplifiers, not quality aids, and sent through the mail.
Old 02-18-2020, 11:19 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Until moving here my hearing aids were fit by an audiologist, daughter of a friend of the family. I have congenital hearing loss and it is about 50%. I was very reluctant to try to access the "baying wolves" in this industry that is very tricky and expensive.

On the advice of Bogie Shooter, a friend I have never met in person, I consulted Dan at The Villages ear. I am completely satisfied with his skill, and that he worked with the programs that our insurance plan used, (not covered, but used)

He scheduled at least ten adjustments before he was satisfied. There are three locations, Dan is at the one right next to the 466 Publix location. The Village Ear or The Villages Ear. Can't remember which.

Tags
hearing, models, ear, tech, aid

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.