How might Spring Breakers may have Spread Covid

Closed Thread
Old 03-27-2020, 12:44 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,178 Times in 834 Posts
Default How might Spring Breakers may have Spread Covid

The linked video is fascinating. It shows how 5.6 thousand cell phone users who were on Ft. Lauderdale's beach in early March then spread throughout mostly the east and Midwest. It is scary as this shows both the potential movement of Covid, but also how much data the cell phone companies or app makers are collecting.

Twitter

You don't need a twitter account to view the video.
Old 03-27-2020, 03:03 PM
Sage

Alachua Co has 54 cases and it began with several Who are under 24 years of age. The opposite of Sumter County, in which it started with several people over 60. I don’t think we’re in a position to judge them.
Old 03-28-2020, 09:40 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueash View Post
The linked video is fascinating. It shows how 5.6 thousand cell phone users who were on Ft. Lauderdale's beach in early March then spread throughout mostly the east and Midwest. It is scary as this shows both the potential movement of Covid, but also how much data the cell phone companies or app makers are collecting.

Twitter

You don't need a twitter account to view the video.
I don't understand. Please explain. We can see other tweets as well. Are they connected to this? Do you think that the people that the beach goers talked to on the phone will be the people they soon see? I am not being coy. I just don't understand.
Old 03-28-2020, 02:34 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,310 Times in 824 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
I don't understand. Please explain. We can see other tweets as well. Are they connected to this? Do you think that the people that the beach goers talked to on the phone will be the people they soon see? I am not being coy. I just don't understand.
I know you will find this hard to believe but big brother has the ability to know where you are by the signal your cell phone puts out. The electronic address of each device can be identified like the IP address of your computer.. The video demonstrates how many cell phones were on just that one particular beach. It then tracked those same cell phones a week later. The spread across the entire nation is what the video is conveying.

Next - for you techies let's not separate the fly sh*t from the pepper in my tutorial it was meant to give the high level message the OP was conveying - these people had all congregated together on a beach and then went back to wherever they came from possibly bring with them the Coronavirus if they were exposed. Illustrates how fast it can spread in a mobile society - lighting years quicker than 1918.
Old 03-28-2020, 05:01 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,178 Times in 834 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyp View Post
I know you will find this hard to believe but big brother has the ability to know where you are by the signal your cell phone puts out. The electronic address of each device can be identified like the IP address of your computer.. The video demonstrates how many cell phones were on just that one particular beach. It then tracked those same cell phones a week later. The spread across the entire nation is what the video is conveying.
That is almost correct. The only minor error is that this did not look at the location one week out, rather it looked at it continuously from the sample dates forward. That is why as you watch the video you see the dots slowly extending outward from the beach. You can even pick out the major highways as the cell phones pinged while the owners were driving away from Ft L.

Tags
phone, shows, video, cell, covid

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.