Mask Paranoia

Closed Thread
Old 05-16-2020, 01:12 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,068 Times in 1,771 Posts

When we can get the N95 or even better N99 masks to protect ourselves then we can finally stop begging others to wear their masks.
Old 05-16-2020, 01:16 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 3,231 Times in 932 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
Mm, not exactly. I'll see if I can help you understand it a wee bit better.

With a prison situation, there is a very limited amount of space the prisoners are provided to occupy. They can't choose which store to go to, they are not given permission to decide when to eat, or where, or even how. They eat where and when they're ordered to eat, and they eat what they are given to eat, or they go hungry.

Outside in the rest of the world, we can choose this supermarket or that one. We can see that it's more crowded at 3pm and choose to go at 2pm instead, if we wish. We can buy fresh meat if we feel it's safe, or we can buy frozen patties if we are more comfortable with that choice. We can cook those burgers at 5 in the kitchen, or we can cook them outside on the grill at 7:30. Or, we can do curbside, or we can do inside, or outside dining at a restaurant, or have it delivered. We are not required to have the entire neighborhood line up outside Burger King in single-file and order a plain double cheeseburger, small fry, and small diet coke, then gather together at the only 5 tables in the entire restaurant and spend exactly 10 minutes eating, before we are required to get up and leave single file back to our jail cells.

In a prison situation, you have no options. You are forced to either all be together, or be in your cell with your cell mate, or you're in a solitary confinement situation, seeing no one else but the guard who brings you your meal.

This means - there is a much better opportunity for free folks like us to spread out and NOT be in close crowded proximity with each other. Unlike prisoners, who are not given that option.
The criminals in jail did have an option, to not commit the crime that got them there in the first place. The things you do can have undesirable consequences.
Old 05-16-2020, 01:18 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts

A note to all n on-mask wearers:

You will not get into a hair salon, or any other type of salon without a mask. You will not get into a doctor's office either and I am sure there are many other professional buildings you will not get into. Also, Fresh Market is closed to you without a mask.

It may prove to be totally unnecessary, but right now I am not taking a chance, the mask is a nuisance I am prepared to put up with in the hopes of protecting myself and my husband.

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 05-16-2020, 01:34 PM
Sage
Thanked 7,508 Times in 2,573 Posts

F it!
I'm staying indoors.
Last person standing, please call to let me know it's safe to come out!!
Old 05-16-2020, 01:48 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leadbone1 View Post
I just find it amusing that people who put these flimsy non surgical face coverings on actually believe that they’re protecting themselves from something?
And you've personally queried every mask wearer about his or her beliefs to know this?

No one here has said they believe wearing a face covering protects them. They're solely used to help reduce any possible spread to others.
Old 05-16-2020, 01:52 PM

Sorry ... you can't mask 'stupidity'.... ;-(
Old 05-16-2020, 02:07 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 3,231 Times in 932 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by queasy27 View Post
And you've personally queried every mask wearer about his or her beliefs to know this?

No one here has said they believe wearing a face covering protects them. They're solely used to help reduce any possible spread to others.
Go back and read some of the older threads, there were all kinds of people claiming that a mask would prevent you from being infected.
Old 05-16-2020, 03:07 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,068 Times in 1,771 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Bills View Post
F it!
I'm staying indoors.
Last person standing, please call to let me know it's safe to come out!!
I’m with you! LOL
Old 05-16-2020, 03:21 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,032 Times in 2,521 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singerlady View Post
Go for it. I prefer to try that extra layer. By me wearing the mask, I’m protecting you. How about you wear one and protect me?
And why did they say it’s just the flu and it’ll be gone? It’s not gone....
The flu Will never gone and it never will.
Old 05-16-2020, 03:23 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,032 Times in 2,521 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet View Post
When we can get the N95 or even better N99 masks to protect ourselves then we can finally stop begging others to wear their masks.
You missed you’re chance in early January.
Old 05-16-2020, 04:17 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,770 Times in 976 Posts

Why are some people bothered so much by someone else wearing a mask? Geez.
Old 05-16-2020, 04:40 PM

10 Myths About the Coronavirus You Shouldn't Believe

Debunking 10 Common Myths About Coronavirus

Last edited by Alana33; 05-16-2020 at 05:31 PM.
Old 05-16-2020, 05:01 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,336 Times in 874 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 10 GI View Post
Go back and read some of the older threads, there were all kinds of people claiming that a mask would prevent you from being infected.
I agree, wonder how that happens? CDC, Doctors, Nurses, Scientists have all said you wear it to protect others, not yourself. The mask reduces the travel distance if you sneeze or cough. It's also suggested you don't need it if you are able to maintain social distancing and not in a confined space. I will say that it is encouraging to see the number of people that do wear them, even outside and for those that do...thank you.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 05-16-2020, 05:04 PM

[QUOTE=OrangeBlossomBaby;1765952]Mm, not exactly. I'll see if I can help you understand it a wee bit better.

With a prison situation, there is a very limited amount of space the prisoners are provided to occupy. They can't choose which store to go to, they are not given permission to decide when to eat, or where, or even how. They eat where and when they're ordered to eat, and they eat what they are given to eat, or they go hungry.

Outside in the rest of the world, we can choose this supermarket or that one. We can see that it's more crowded at 3pm and choose to go at 2pm instead, if we wish. We can buy fresh meat if we feel it's safe, or we can buy frozen patties if we are more comfortable with that choice. We can cook those burgers at 5 in the kitchen, or we can cook them outside on the grill at 7:30. Or, we can do curbside, or we can do inside, or outside dining at a restaurant, or have it delivered. We are not required to have the entire neighborhood line up outside Burger King in single-file and order a plain double cheeseburger, small fry, and small diet coke, then gather together at the only 5 tables in the entire restaurant and spend exactly 10 minutes eating, before we are required to get up and leave single file back to our jail cells.

In a prison situation, you have no options. You are forced to either all be together, or be in your cell with your cell mate, or you're in a solitary confinement situation, seeing no one else but the guard who brings you your meal.

This means - there is a much better opportunity for free folks like us to spread out and NOT be in close crowded proximity with each other. Unlike prisoners, who are not given that option.[/QUOTE

Thanks for the long winded reply. (Sigh). You quite obviously missed the entire nuance of my post and therefore felt the need to educate me on prison conditions. (Yawn). If that makes you feel superior, so be it.
Old 05-18-2020, 11:35 AM
Veteran member

Right will never be Right Again.........The entitled and Business Bashers need a forum and the TOTV provides their entertainment to do so!!!!!!!!
Closed Thread

Tags
masks, paranoia, 99%, microbial, long

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.