Need a new Opthmologist

Closed Thread
Old 11-10-2015, 06:30 PM
Default Need a new Opthmologist

We have been patients of Dr. Pollacks for years, but their practice here is The Villages has grown too busy. They are always overbooked, and God forbid one needs to change an appointment, you will have and 8-9 month wait. Spouse had an appointment at 2 pm with Dr. Morris in the same practice today, but was called back until after 5pm. Any suggestions for a doctor without 5 different offices, and so overbooked it is ridiculous?
Old 11-10-2015, 07:02 PM
Veteran member

Are you referring to Ocala Eye? I'm in the same boat. Had an appointment made by them a year ago and yesterday they called to reschedule. First open appointment was April. Second year in a row this has happened. I'm ready to change, too.
Old 11-10-2015, 08:23 PM
Gold member

I use Lange Eye and rarely wait more than 30 minutes. Maybe I am just lucky. I have Dr. Esposito. She seems good and so far I am happy with her.
Old 11-11-2015, 08:41 AM
Platinum member

I had same problem with Ocala Eye. Have been going to Mid Florida Eye now. Still wait, but not as bad as Ocala Eye. Ocala Eye was unbelievable.
Tampa, FL
Old 11-11-2015, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by villager View Post
Are you referring to Ocala Eye? I'm in the same boat. Had an appointment made by them a year ago and yesterday they called to reschedule. First open appointment was April. Second year in a row this has happened. I'm ready to change, too.
Yes, I am talking about Ocala Eye. I had to change my appointment because of illness, the next available end of July at 7 a.m. My annual appointments are not annual anymore because they are so overbooked. I haven't been happy with the doctor for a while, because the actual time he spends with patients is getting shorter and shorter, and it is almost impossible to get a straight answer from him.

One of the girls at my dentist office highly recommended someone else in the area, but I have forgotten the name. Planned to ask her at my dental appointment, only to find out she is no longer there.
Old 11-11-2015, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeV View Post
I use Lange Eye and rarely wait more than 30 minutes. Maybe I am just lucky. I have Dr. Esposito. She seems good and so far I am happy with her.
Thank you! I'll give them a call.
Old 11-11-2015, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avista View Post
I had same problem with Ocala Eye. Have been going to Mid Florida Eye now. Still wait, but not as bad as Ocala Eye. Ocala Eye was unbelievable.
The wait isn't as bad as trying to reschedule an appointment. Have you had to do that with Mid Florida Eye? If so, how long of a wait was there for a new appointment?
Old 11-11-2015, 03:54 PM
Sage

I've been using Dr Zeini at Eyes of the Villages in Southern trace for 5 years now. He also did cataract surgery on me and was very pleased with his knowledge and prompt appointments.
He only has 2 offices.
Old 11-11-2015, 05:55 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgc4340 View Post
The wait isn't as bad as trying to reschedule an appointment. Have you had to do that with Mid Florida Eye? If so, how long of a wait was there for a new appointment?
I actually have had much better luck with Mid Florida Eye. Although do have waits, but not as bad. They are building a new office in Brownwood.
Tampa, FL
Old 11-11-2015, 07:06 PM

I went to Lake Eye, new office in Lady Lake. There are at least 4 ophthalmologists and 4 offices.
Lake Eye Associates - Eye Doctors - Eye Care and Optical Center - The Villages, Leesburg, Tavares
The Villages, Lady Lake, Leesburg, Tavares
352 750 2020
I received an appointment in 10 days, the appointment was on time and very detailed.
Old 11-11-2015, 08:15 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,943 Times in 796 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyle Gant View Post
Lake Eyes Dr Vinjay
I agree. Lake Eye. We use Dr. Vocci. And I have been able to reschedule within a couple of weeks. And very little wait. I used to use Ocala Eye, and my doctor (now semi-retired) mis-diagnosed my dry eye for months.
Old 11-11-2015, 08:57 PM
Gold member

Good luck...hope you find one soon as there's no such thing as an "opthmologist"...I agree that your eyes need looking at by an "ophthamologist" though.
Old 11-11-2015, 09:10 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,943 Times in 796 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fred53 View Post
Good luck...hope you find one soon as there's no such thing as an "opthmologist"...I agree that your eyes need looking at by an "ophthamologist" though.
How the OP spells eye doctor is hardly the point. Aside from "stripping the paths," we don't pay attention to spelling errors.

I think you would be happy with Lake Eye, pgc. The office we use is on the second floor of the medical center I can never figure out the name of.

Lake Eye Associates - Eye Doctors - Eye Care and Optical Center - The Villages, Leesburg, Tavares
Old 11-12-2015, 01:50 AM
Gold member

Hubby and I both use Ocala Eye, and have been lucky I guess.

He called on Monday about a vision problem, was seen on Tues, had Laser surgery on Wed. (today) in Ocala for the Yag laser to treat cloudiness long after cataract removal.

That may be an exception, but he is thrilled. I don't recall his doc's name, female, Indian and excellent.

I have seen Dr Pollack and will be changing docs. His focus is dry eyes. I get the feeling that everyone he sees has dry eyes......He talked me into having expensive tests not covered by my insurance. I have had dry eyes for some 20 years and have found it is mainly related to inflammation from allergies and menopause. He wanted me to book frequent follow ups, take supplements only sold there (red flag) and be re tested (at my cost) in 4 weeks. I have been down this road with the best and he really resented it when I told him I do understand the cause of my dry eyes and my plan of care has been working well. He proceeded to stomp out of the room.

I know lots of folks love him, but I am not one. I will be switching to my hubby's doc.
Old 12-01-2015, 03:31 PM

Mid Florida Eye--and I am no longer practicing dental hygiene in the private sector.
Closed Thread

Tags
practice, overbooked, appointment, wait, today, spouse, morris, 5pm, offices, ridiculous, doctor, back, month, suggestions, called, years, villages, pollacks, opthmologist, patients, grown, change, forbid, busy, god

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.