In need of Tricare Health PMC physician

Closed Thread
Old 08-21-2013, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarGuys View Post
You would not be from the Syracuse Air National Guard would you?

Herv
I'm not from that unit but my unit was co-located with them in 91 at Al's Garage
I'm a Herk kinda guy, retired from 139 AW STJ-MO. EW Shop Chief. I also spent a deployment at the pole with the Ski-Birds in 99.
Old 08-26-2013, 07:03 AM

Double check the info provided above. Gainesville is the location of the closest VA hospital and nothing to do with Tri-Care. Tri-Care, in one of it's 3 forms is honored by most physicians in the area. But the form is the key point and it is a benefit of retired military. In addition to the hospital in Gainesville they have a wonderful clinic facility right here in The Villages (Mulberry Grove). If you are over 65 and have Medicare and Tri-Care for Life you should not have to pay a plug nickel. If you are not 65 all things change. I would rely on the Veterans Service Office in the Sumter Co Office at 466A and Powell - they have the unadulterated truth and they have the answers suited to your particular scenario, which is what you need. It is a complicated arena. If you need VA assistance they are representatives from the American Legion, Veterans of Foreign Wars, Disabled American Veterans (maybe more) in the clinic. Times and days vary and they are highly trained by their respective organizations. It is a complicated process, but regardless of your scenario hang in there with it and you will be well taken care of.
Old 08-26-2013, 12:32 PM

Struggled with the same Tricare issue. Latest I was told (last week) by Tricare customer service is that only some areas of Florida will no longer accept Tricare Prime after Oct 1st. Offices who now accept Tricare Prime that are in this 'deleted' area will automatically convert patients to Tricare Standard/Extra. We were directed to a group in Leesburg that currently accepts Tricare Prime & will continue to do so as they are not in the 'deleted' area. It is Family Physicians of Leesburg at 801 E. Dixie Ave., Ste 101, Leesburg, 34748. Phone 352-326-4031. Dr Kilpatrick sees all Tricare patients. We have our first appointment with him next week.
Good luck!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.