PEMF - Pulsed Electro Magnetic Therapy

Closed Thread
Old 06-27-2022, 06:08 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,209 Times in 332 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Bills View Post
Many moons ago I bred and raced greyhounds as a hobby.
An early form of pulse therapy helped speed up the recovery time from muscle injuries.
It was the miracle machine of its time.
I would imagine similar machines today, with their superior technological advances, are much more effective.
Many racehorse breeders use Bemer PEMF for their horses, recovering from workouts quicker. Many independent studies re PEMF show the benefits. We love ours.
Old 06-27-2022, 06:28 AM
Default We use the PEMF Mat everyday

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnN View Post
Anyone have any pro or con real experiences with PEMF ??
Please post only if you have actually used it, I'm not looking for opinions. Peace.

Here's an interesting book link at Amazon. Read the free sample!
Amazon.com
My husband and I use an PEMF mat with infrared and heat therapy 2 times a day (20 min). It helps with our back pain. It also lowed my blood pressure. I just got off the mat and my blood pressure is 122/74. My blood pressure was 162/101 and my doctor wanted me to take blood pressure meds. I bought the PEMF mat and tried it for 30 days and it worked for me.
Old 06-27-2022, 06:57 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,132 Times in 418 Posts

We have owned and used a Bemer PEMF, also for about six years. The efficacy of the device and treatment is well documented and available to those who choose to research it. I’m actually using my Bemer as I write this—to accelerate the healing of a wound and to also help heal and reduce pain in a pulled neck muscle. If you don’t want to take the time to examine the academic research, seek out actual users. You will find their responses quite consistent.

What our Bemer does is pretty easy to understand. It accelerates blood flow in the area being treated. The faster blood flow brings more healing oxygen as well as speeding the removal of toxins which slow healing.from the area being treated. Many users have reported other amazing results—improved vision, hearing, hair growth, improved blood pressure and so forth.

Last edited by Villages Kahuna; 06-27-2022 at 07:29 AM.
Old 06-27-2022, 06:59 AM
Default Pulse Center of Ocala

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnN View Post
Anyone have any pro or con real experiences with PEMF ??
Please post only if you have actually used it, I'm not looking for opinions. Peace.

Here's an interesting book link at Amazon. Read the free sample!
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...w_myk_ro_title
I have used the Pulse machine for a broken foot. After 20 hours of therapy I was completely healed. Look at there website. Highly recommend the therapy for many illnesses. The owners wife was healed of cancer from the therapy.
Old 06-27-2022, 07:08 AM
Sage

TENS and PEMF are two different things. I have both and haven't used my TENS since I purchased the PEMF. Mine is an OSKA----I first heard about them from a friend who had one. He works in the medical field but at the support level. He said he's researched these before deciding on the OSKA. I've had mine, maybe for 4 yrs or so. I've used it for lower back pain as well as my rheumatoid arthritis pain. "Snake oil"?? I'm not so sure...people are always skeptical of things that don't make sense to them. IF you've not tried it---well then it will still fall in that skepticism area. The Bemers, I'm familiar with and if they weren't so expensive I'd buy one of those for sure.
Old 06-27-2022, 07:25 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,012 Times in 4,174 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterflower View Post
I have used the Pulse machine for a broken foot. After 20 hours of therapy I was completely healed. Look at there website. Highly recommend the therapy for many illnesses. The owners wife was healed of cancer from the therapy.
Since blue responded to the first post, I'll take this one, it's a complete softball.

There are three possibilities:
a) the foot was never fractured in the first place
b) the foot was never "completely healed" in 20 hours
c) the fracture was 99% healed before PEMF was ever applied

Simply put, chemotactic factors at the fracture site cannot attract enough osteoclasts and osteoblasts to remodel bone and lay down new osseous matrix in 20 hours, even 20 days is a stretch.
So, was the fracture diagnosed by a health care professional with examination and radiographs, PEMF prescribed, and then reexamined and x rays repeated 20 hours later with the professional declaring the fracture to be "completely healed". Somehow, I doubt it.

As far as "highly recommended for many illnesses" goes, by whom?????Internet testimonials????? Manufacturer????? Hmmmmm.......
Old 06-27-2022, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
Since blue responded to the first post, I'll take this one, it's a complete softball.

There are three possibilities:
a) the foot was never fractured in the first place
b) the foot was never "completely healed" in 20 hours
c) the fracture was 99% healed before PEMF was ever applied

Simply put, chemotactic factors at the fracture site cannot attract enough osteoclasts and osteoblasts to remodel bone and lay down new osseous matrix in 20 hours, even 20 days is a stretch.
So, was the fracture diagnosed by a health care professional with examination and radiographs, PEMF prescribed, and then reexamined and x rays repeated 20 hours later with the professional declaring the fracture to be "completely healed". Somehow, I doubt it.

As far as "highly recommended for many illnesses" goes, by whom?????Internet testimonials????? Manufacturer????? Hmmmmm.......
The original poster said twenty hours of treatment. That could have been 20 days at 1 hour per day, or even 40 days at 30 minutes per day. The question is, did the device reduce the recovery time. No way for me to know.
Old 06-27-2022, 08:29 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,012 Times in 4,174 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyseguy View Post
The original poster said twenty hours of treatment. That could have been 20 days at 1 hour per day, or even 40 days at 30 minutes per day. The question is, did the device reduce the recovery time. No way for me to know.
Thanks for picking up on that---I misread it, apologies to the OP. Does it reduce recovery time----yes, I believe it does. Does it cure hypertension? Well....
Old 06-27-2022, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tvflguy View Post
Real-life experience here. We have had a Beamer PEMF for 6 years now. Use it every day. We have definitely seen fast recovery for bruising, aches, and skin issues. And believe it or not male balding in crown area, really. Our health overall has been wonderful and we both swear by it. The system is expensive but in our life, so we’ll worth it.
How wonderful that your ‘real life’ experience was possible to share!
Old 06-27-2022, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tvflguy View Post
Real-life experience here. We have had a Beamer PEMF for 6 years now. Use it every day. We have definitely seen fast recovery for bruising, aches, and skin issues. And believe it or not male balding in crown area, really. Our health overall has been wonderful and we both swear by it. The system is expensive but in our life, so we’ll worth it.
Thank you for this confirmation. Where did you purchase your Bemer PEMF? I’d like to explore this product.

Last edited by bp243; 06-27-2022 at 09:05 AM.
Old 06-27-2022, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol Fiore View Post
My husband and I use an PEMF mat with infrared and heat therapy 2 times a day (20 min). It helps with our back pain. It also lowed my blood pressure. I just got off the mat and my blood pressure is 122/74. My blood pressure was 162/101 and my doctor wanted me to take blood pressure meds. I bought the PEMF mat and tried it for 30 days and it worked for me.
Thanks for your input. Where did you purchase your mat?
Old 06-27-2022, 10:28 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,025 Times in 1,018 Posts

i'm looking on amazon now, & they range in price & styles. cheapest is $295.00, all the up to over $1,000.00
Old 06-27-2022, 10:52 AM
Default PEMF User

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotGolfer View Post
TENS and PEMF are two different things. I have both and haven't used my TENS since I purchased the PEMF. Mine is an OSKA----I first heard about them from a friend who had one. He works in the medical field but at the support level. He said he's researched these before deciding on the OSKA. I've had mine, maybe for 4 yrs or so. I've used it for lower back pain as well as my rheumatoid arthritis pain. "Snake oil"?? I'm not so sure...people are always skeptical of things that don't make sense to them. IF you've not tried it---well then it will still fall in that skepticism area. The Bemers, I'm familiar with and if they weren't so expensive I'd buy one of those for sure.
I agree that PEMF and TENS are two different things. I get physical therapy for my peripheral neuropathy at a location that also sells an infrared treatment device and provides PEMF treatments at a price. After doing some research, I purchased an PEMF ring on Amazon figuring I had 30 days to try it and send it back. I'm not positive that it's helping but my feet and hands are doing better. (with P/T, and a variety of meds, it's hard to pinpoint what is working and what is not). I also purchased a mat to see if it would help with back issues and my wife's arthritis. The jury is still out on the mat.
Old 06-27-2022, 11:10 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,209 Times in 332 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bp243 View Post
Thanks for your input. Where did you purchase your mat?
The Bemer is only sold in the USA by their authorized distributors. Recommend that you you to the Bemer site and review all info. I believe that they will provide distributor names near you. Ours is right down the street here. They will provide all info and give you a trial.
Old 06-27-2022, 05:53 PM

My husband and I purchased a Bemer with dual mats so that we could both use it overnight at the same time. It’s of course hard to say what our health would be without it, but the most dramatic results were when my husband had knee replacement surgery in 2016. (He was age 75 then.) Prior to the surgery for about 2 weeks he twice daily used a focused application of the wave on the knee. When he had the surgery he was in hospital for 2 days and the nurses pushed the pain killers on him despite him saying he had no pain, tho they gave him a reduced dose. Once leaving the hospital, he never took another pain pill. He continued to use the Bemer 2 times a day using the focused application. He performed all the required PT and exceeded the mobility tests the therapist put him through. All turned out very well and he credits the Bemer. Of course, I don’t know if others need no pain pills after this kind of surgery…? Maybe his experience is not unusual??? There are studies available on PEMF and the Bemer on Pubmed. My understanding is that it increases the blood flow in the micro capillaries.

Oh, one other thing: a couple days after coming home from the hospital we noticed that he had a huge pool of blood under the skin in the back of his thigh. He used the Bemer on this and the bruise was gone after a few 12 minute treatments. That was definitely not like him; he bruises easily and they normally take quite awhile to go away.

We purchased our Bemer in Tampa before we retired in 2015 after a health conscious client of ours invited us to a demonstration / meeting in Clearwater. I would recommend attending such a meeting to hear many ppl tell their experiences. Our purchase was about $6K for the pro model that will allow you to run two applications simultaneously. I think there is a 10 year warranty? But not sure about that. We are both very happy we got the device and continue to use it daily.
Closed Thread

Tags
pemf, interesting, opinions, peace, book

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.